Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 11, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #29,161 of 62,125
Anyone else notice loud hissing with their Grado gt220? And these have super prominent driver flex even with a slightest movement.
I'm checking now, but I'm not sure that I hear anything out of the ordinary. They sound great. When do you hear this? While playing music or when paused?

Feb 11, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #29,162 of 62,125
hey guys i have a bunch of true wireless iems from cheap ones to higher end ones. i just pulled out my anbes 359 OMG! these things still sound absolutely awesome!!!! i mean seriously these give competition to alot of my higher end buds. anyone still using theres? any new super budgets that sound this good?

Feb 11, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #29,163 of 62,125
So, this is odd. Apparently Samsung sent out a YouTube video telling everyone that they are wearing the Buds Pro wrong. Basically, the mesh is supposed to face downwards.

I personally did not have any uncomfortable fit issues, however I noticed that the ANC works better since I have a better seal now, also I noticed having the mesh face downwards makes the fit a bit shallower. I notice the buds now hovers over my outer concha. This might alleviate some of the fit issues others were having.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #29,164 of 62,125
I'm checking now, but I'm not sure that I hear anything out of the ordinary. They sound great. When do you hear this? While playing music or when paused?

I can hear it even on low volume while music is playing.

Real brief(at work and on my cell), As far as sound, I think these are the least TWS sounding (in a positive way) TWS available. Tonal balance is surprisingly good for BT, and have the least wacky resonance issues other TWS products tend to suffer from. Slight emphasis and a tad bit off timbre in the HF but better than others, and the LF is spot on for me with good transient response, although others may find the bass a bit lacking if you're used to wireless products. Most I've tried had way over boosted bass and typically poorly implemented. If you're used to good wired open back headphones, I think most of you will find the SQ of GT220 quite pleasant.

Anyways, I like these a lot and just requested a replacement unit. I've returned the Klipsch T5ii and ordered a MTW2, but that's another story.

Feb 11, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #29,165 of 62,125
So, this is odd. Apparently Samsung sent out a YouTube video telling everyone that they are wearing the Buds Pro wrong.

I've been wearing them with the mesh facing downwards from day 1. Thought that was the correct way. Wasn't aware people have been wearing them upside down.

Anyways, no fit issues for me, although they're not quite as snug as some other products.

Feb 11, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #29,168 of 62,125
Any further on the Gemini?
As far as -- ? I returned mine today. Zero updates. Tired of the issues and having to reset them every week. For the cost, not worth the hassle. Sound was amazing. Moved to the Grado and Melomania this week. So far so good. Also, started therapy for my headphones addition. Kidding.

Feb 11, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #29,169 of 62,125
I've been wearing them with the mesh facing downwards from day 1. Thought that was the correct way. Wasn't aware people have been wearing them upside down.

Anyways, no fit issues for me, although they're not quite as snug as some other products.

It wasn't upside down, but rather rotated 90 degrees, so the mesh was facing forward. It was definitely how I was wearing it.

But I agree with you, it's less snug in my ears since the fit is shallower. I wouldn't say it's unsecure though.

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #29,171 of 62,125
Anyone else notice loud hissing with their Grado gt220? And these have super prominent driver flex even with a slightest movement.

I can hear some slight hissing when they are connected but no music is playing. It's not there all the time but it happens occasionally. It's not noticeable when music is playing though.

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #29,172 of 62,125
Geekfly has an updated TWS: GF8S, available from Penon.
Anyone know how it differs from the original one?

Feb 11, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #29,173 of 62,125
Can anyone recommend a Bluetooth transmitter for a TV with Soundbar that works very well with 2 different TWS simultaneously? Ideally it'll play two sets of TWS (myself and the wife's Jabra Elite 75 and Buds+) with no lip sync issues. We'll mostly use it late at night watching movies when everyone's asleep.

Fast moving thread... Suggestions anyone? Thanks!

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #29,175 of 62,125
So, this is odd. Apparently Samsung sent out a YouTube video telling everyone that they are wearing the Buds Pro wrong. Basically, the mesh is supposed to face downwards.

I personally did not have any uncomfortable fit issues, however I noticed that the ANC works better since I have a better seal now, also I noticed having the mesh face downwards makes the fit a bit shallower. I notice the buds now hovers over my outer concha. This might alleviate some of the fit issues others were having.

Actually upset that any way I try them they hurt as they are tied for my favorite for sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back