Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 22, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #25,156 of 62,573
@Caipirina

Edit, The techniques sound brighter and have a bit better highs, but the Panny's have a little betters low comparing both with the EQ's off. With the my JVC Spinfits I feel like the Panny's are nearly as good and certainly don't justify the cost of the Techniques. It's almost like the diff. in the Nural N6 and N6 pro.
So where would you put the N6 pro relative to the two of them?

Aug 22, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #25,157 of 62,573
Surprising feedback on the Panasonics ! Like I wrote yesterday they produce the best passive+active isolation I've experienced, just very slightly behind the EchoBuds. Audibly ahead of the MTW2s and XM3s. It is way better than the APPs in any case since these have poor (by design) passive isolation. Sure ANC is impressive when you activate it on the APPs but what matters is the end result, not the wow factor promoted by the likes of ijustine.

Can't fault Ambient either, I was able to check out at the grocery store with no problem. What's lacking compared to the EchoBuds is the Ambient + Auto Pause option.

The real concern with ANC is the popping I described earlier when there are slight pressure changes, even when riding in a carm

They're more expensive than the Apollo Bokf becase hey are clearly in a different class altogether than the Apollo Bold that have a buggy Ambient+Passive implementation, "unbalanced SQ, poor passive isolation, ultra sensitive controls, a finicky case, and no app...so far. As with many things you get what you pay for and the complexities of producing a good Ambient+ANC combo has not yet been achieved by "ChiFi".

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #25,158 of 62,573
It is actually an impressive feat to be able to produce this amount of bass without "seal". I don't think I have ever experience this with IEM. Usually no seal = no bass, treble is pitchy. You only get this kind of bass with an open headphone with 40mm+ driver and the beans have only 12mm driver. Combine it with the no seal design, you get this massive amount of air just like an open headphone is.
I keep finding the Sabbat X12 similar impressive in that regard. Earbud style, yet ample bass ... which makes me really curious about the Vooplay ... what was that? 14.2mm driver?

Aug 22, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #25,159 of 62,573
trying (and thus far failing) to connect the Gbeans with my mac ... I disconnect from phone, but apparently that does not make them go into pairing mode ... somehow they also show up TWICE in my iPhone's list .. once with the (i) where I can say disconnect / forget and once without .. confusing .. and google is still quiet on this fresh issue ...
IMG_4574.jpg

Aug 22, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #25,160 of 62,573
It is actually an impressive feat to be able to produce this amount of bass without "seal". I don't think I have ever experience this with IEM. Usually no seal = no bass, treble is pitchy. You only get this kind of bass with an open headphone with 40mm+ driver and the beans have only 12mm driver. Combine it with the no seal design, you get this massive amount of air just like an open headphone is.

Not necessarily, the AirPods have had a decent level of bass for years and the X12 offfer very pleasing bass in spite of their earbud/open design, their sound is not "tinny" at all, like it was on say the Plantronic Backbeat FIT.

Aug 22, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #25,161 of 62,573
Not necessarily, the AirPods have had a decent level of bass for years and the X12 offfer very pleasing bass in spite of their earbud/open design, their sound is not "tinny" at all, like it was on say the Plantronic Backbeat FIT.
I have tried several airpods style tws (Tronsmart Onyx Ace) and they do have decent bass, but for me, I need to jammed it to get a "seal". If I move my jaw just a bit, the "seal" is broken and the sound become tinny. The "seal" I meant wasn't the seal you get from IEM with typical silicone/foam tips. I haven't tried the X12.

Aug 22, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #25,162 of 62,573
Is there a consensus which is better between the XM3 vs Buds+? I just picked up the former but wondering if I should give the Buds+ a go too. Does having an android phone matter much between these two?

Aug 22, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #25,164 of 62,573
Received the GBeans!
ANC, yep, like what everyone else is saying (including Samsung’s website) ... I don’t think it is meant to be a total ANC, but really just ‘getting rid of low rumble’

Did some more testing while driving. Does ok with in the city speed 50mph & under rumble/road noise when driving but at freeway speeds of 65+mph it doesn't do as much.

I keep finding the Sabbat X12 similar impressive in that regard. Earbud style, yet ample bass ... which makes me really curious about the Vooplay ... what was that? 14.2mm driver?

X12 is also 14.2mm IIRC

I have tried several airpods style tws (Tronsmart Onyx Ace) and they do have decent bass, but for me, I need to jammed it to get a "seal". If I move my jaw just a bit, the "seal" is broken and the sound become tinny. The "seal" I meant wasn't the seal you get from IEM with typical silicone/foam tips. I haven't tried the X12.

My new X12 Ultra have way more bass than the older X12 Pro. If you want bass at a similar level to some IEM/isolation type TWS get the Ultra and not the Pro.

Aug 22, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #25,165 of 62,573
i have similar experience, more bouncy and chewy than regular spiral dot.
Same with the new azla xelastec, they also a bit gummy materials so absorbing highs but due wide bore opening 5-6khz is more than medium/small bore eartips.

For the bass, if you want faster, rounded, or drier sound, pick a harder material eartips (but of course highs will be more ringing too) that explain why spiral dot++ made sound become smoothen, bouncy including the bass. Not necessarily good or bad things depends on your IEM characteristic.

Thanks! I like the sparkly treble on regular Spiral dots. From what you describe, it sounds like the treble amount is not reduced in Spidral dots+, rather the treble peak is cut down to make it sound more bouncy. I wonder if this means the "Sssss" in treble on regular Spiral dots will sound more like "Shshshsh" on the Spiral dots+ for the lack of better term :)

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #25,168 of 62,573
Took me a while to find any mention of driver size (and who knows if it is correct) but Linsoul says it’s 10mm

Lol. They quoted the wrong model.

E12 is 10mm
X12 is 14.2mm

Remember I've had mine apart. :) Still have one good original driver with my spare parts. Just in case.

Aug 22, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #25,170 of 62,573
So can you really sleep on your side against the pillow comfortably with GBuds Live in? Or is that total BS?
You can. I just turned on "touch block" feature so I don't accidentally press "pause/play".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back