Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 29, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #20,913 of 62,423
So what do you guys think of QCY T4 that just appeared on Ali yesterday? There's an app now, with EQ, button customization and what not.
Ordered a pair, hopefully they'll arrive this year...
Interesting, but nothing that really tickles me. Interesting to see some features from apple’s playbook (pop up window, find your earbuds), but a lot of the stuff currently only supports android. Might circle back to those at whatever next sale.
Interesting choice of song title in their ad copy :wink:
6EF06428-B92D-44CC-9831-41241D6490A7.jpeg

Mar 29, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #20,914 of 62,423
So what do you guys think of QCY T4 that just appeared on Ali yesterday? There's an app now, with EQ, button customization and what not.

I especially like that the app provides a equalizer. The tekst in the description talks about frequency adjustments next to presets, so hopefully you can really make adjustments per band. And maybee you can even save your own preset yet. Link to the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qcdroid.android.qcdroid

By the way, a successor to the T5s is also arriving, the T5s. Too bad, I just ordered the T5 the day before yesterday... It's only on the Chinese QCY site, https://www.qcy.com/zwxej

Mar 29, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #20,915 of 62,423
https://shop.panasonic.com/audio-and-video/headphones/RZ-S500W.html#start=1&cgid=headphones

Wonder if these are coming sooner since they went up on the site. Little early to put up the page if they were coming in June. April in Japan so maybe sooner. The 50 levels of NC is interesting but learned something more with the english site. The 6 hours of battery life is with NC ON. Most are getting 4.5 with it on so that is more decent. They keep talking about the sound so interesting to see how good even if they are a step off from the Technics version. How do they compare to the Senn and AT models. What will the price be as well? Japanese price converts to $200 but doubt that won't rise for NA. Think the AT dropped the price on the ANC300 $20 and the Panny will probably match that at $229.

Mar 29, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #20,916 of 62,423
Hmmm, I thought I was done with this diabolical AE sale. Burned through all the coupons I had .... but no, now I am seeing a tempting offer for the Mifo O7: 112$ after coupons and coins! And that’s for the double BA version ... what to do, what to do???

2C6169BE-9F7B-4F69-A753-F9DCD2C1319C.jpeg
if you happen to have that 7$ off 50$ coupon (or enough coupons & patience time swipe for it) you can get them for 105.68$ !!!
But what a great use of coins in this case!

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #20,917 of 62,423
https://shop.panasonic.com/audio-and-video/headphones/RZ-S500W.html#start=1&cgid=headphones

Wonder if these are coming sooner since they went up on the site. Little early to put up the page if they were coming in June. April in Japan so maybe sooner. The 50 levels of NC is interesting but learned something more with the english site. The 6 hours of battery life is with NC ON. Most are getting 4.5 with it on so that is more decent. They keep talking about the sound so interesting to see how good even if they are a step off from the Technics version. How do they compare to the Senn and AT models. What will the price be as well? Japanese price converts to $200 but doubt that won't rise for NA. Think the AT dropped the price on the ANC300 $20 and the Panny will probably match that at $229.

The official release date from e-earphones website is April 10th. So far the is not much in the way of reviews and impressive are pretty generic. The app for the technics has a band equalizer though, so I guess you can get the sound you want from them.

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #20,918 of 62,423
The official release date from e-earphones website is April 10th. So far the is not much in the way of reviews and impressive are pretty generic. The app for the technics has a band equalizer though, so I guess you can get the sound you want from them.

Well that is Japan. I linked the NA shop Panasonic site which would be better since they should be $179 in NA. Last mention was June in NA but may roll out earlier. The product page might be indicative of that early arrival. Though the Technics would be the better one and a Momentum 2 fighter. That one didn't seem ready as they were trying to tune the sound and improve the battery life from the six to a bit more. Guess they will be $279 or $249 . Saw both mentioned but who knows. $249 isn't too bad. They seem to add better mics, 100 step NC over 50, and better sound, and if they upp the battery. They are bigger it seems cause they have an acoustic chamber to improve the sound.

Can't really buy them from Japan if they are gonna be $30/$40 more and warranty is a much bigger hassle or won't even be honored. The Panny may be an option esp. with a little street price drop after a little time. $150 isn't bad if they perform well enough.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #20,919 of 62,423
Hmmm, I thought I was done with this diabolical AE sale. Burned through all the coupons I had .... but no, now I am seeing a tempting offer for the Mifo O7: 112$ after coupons and coins! And that’s for the double BA version ... what to do, what to do???

2C6169BE-9F7B-4F69-A753-F9DCD2C1319C.jpeg
if you happen to have that 7$ off 50$ coupon (or enough coupons & patience time swipe for it) you can get them for 105.68$ !!!
But what a great use of coins in this case!
What other good deals did you see? I was kind of underwhelmed with this sale, but maybe it was what I had in my wishlist.

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #20,920 of 62,423
What other good deals did you see? I was kind of underwhelmed with this sale, but maybe it was what I had in my wishlist.

not really ‘super’ deals, but I had a few items on wishlist (I.e. soundpeats truedots) that we’re like 2-4$ cheaper, then combine with coupons and such.
as mentioned earlier, those Alien Secret AptX buds dropped from 32 to 26. But I ended up skipping them.
now, with the postal system still down, and I expect our curfew to last for another 2 weeks at least, who knows when I’ll get my stuff :wink:

Mar 29, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #20,922 of 62,423
Damn man! How are you getting them that cheap!? (I'm seeing $125, and they offered me a $2 coupon - lol)
Best I can get it down is 117$ ... but already burned all my Ali coupons (and most of my coins) Still even with the 7 off 50$ coupon and ample coins... 85$ seems to good to be true :wink: @kelter , you know you cannot stack coupons, like if you have the 7, the 5 and the 3.... ? But good on you if you get 85$ displayed the way I get 117$. I’d say go for it
Awesome Coupon-Fu!!!
256335DE-5285-4C1A-B02C-E18801A34DDB.jpeg

Mar 30, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #20,924 of 62,423
I didn't endure waiting for KZ S2 and ordered Whizzer Coopbuds C3. The presentation, confused description and fake reviews discouraged me, but at least it would be an $30 adventure :)

Mar 30, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #20,925 of 62,423
Best I can get it down is 117$ ... but already burned all my Ali coupons (and most of my coins) Still even with the 7 off 50$ coupon and ample coins... 85$ seems to good to be true :wink: @kelter , you know you cannot stack coupons, like if you have the 7, the 5 and the 3.... ? But good on you if you get 85$ displayed the way I get 117$. I’d say go for it
Awesome Coupon-Fu!!!
I know, there was 20$ off 40 for their store on coupon distribution before 03.27
8$ off 80$ ali coupon
And using 8$ off with special coupons, but they not working already. Now their price for me 95$ and i have doubt they better than my mtw100 BA, maybe i will buy second pair of them.

And check this https://campaign.aliexpress.com/wow/gf/main_page?aff_platform=promotion its for russian buyers platform, but coupons works on all aliexpress.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back