Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 25, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #17,701 of 62,480
I've asked this question before but never really got a definitive yes/no answer, is the MW07 plus worth the extra 100 over the go?
I still have a hankering for purchasing one or the other as the sound they produce is amazing!
Still want to see what the new Nuarls are like and the upcoming Sennheiser and Bose will offer as well. All I need is some patience and resistance to buying anything more

I think that is a question only you can answer for yourself Some will say yes and others no...depends on how much you value the extra battery life, ANC, ambient mode, metal case, ability to use each side independently and 4 mics of the MW07Plus vs the smaller MW07Go which will save you 100 and also has a higher IPX rating. I personally went with the Go because of size (wanted something more pocketable than the MTW) but sometimes find myself missing the ambient mode (use MTW on train because of this) and if the MW07Go had ambient mode + better call quality while retaining the smaller form factor and everything else, I would gladly pay the extra 100 (but that is just my personal opinion).

Dec 25, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #17,702 of 62,480
I think that is a question only you can answer for yourself Some will say yes and others no...depends on how much you value the extra battery life, ANC, ambient mode, metal case, ability to use each side independently and 4 mics of the MW07Plus vs the smaller MW07Go which will save you 100 and also has a higher IPX rating. I personally went with the Go because of size (wanted something more pocketable than the MTW) but sometimes find myself missing the ambient mode (use MTW on train because of this) and if the MW07Go had ambient mode + better call quality while retaining the smaller form factor and everything else, I would gladly pay the extra 100 (but that is just my personal opinion).
I should had stated that this is from a SQ standpoint. I have some tw with noise cancellation. Just looking for the SQ perspective.

Dec 25, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #17,703 of 62,480
Dec 25, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #17,704 of 62,480
Nice. Wish that was the case with the BT20/BT20S. That and volume control which the Fiio version has. Really the only two things missing IMO.
The control scheme is a on the Fiio:

1 right click - raise volume
1 left click - lower volume
2 right click - pause music playback
2 left click - activate assistant
Press and hold right for 2s - skip track
Press and hold left for 2s - previous track
Press and hold either side for 5s will power the side that's pressed.
Press in off state for 2s to power on.

It powers down automatically after about 5 mins when not connected to any source. It serves me pretty well. Can't hear hiss with the tin t4 or the shuoer tape.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #17,705 of 62,480
The Fiio UTWS1 paired with Tin Audio T2. Sounds pretty amazing!

gdDoy75.jpg

I'm guessing each side needs to be charged independently? I connected by Ibasso IT01 to MEE audio BTX1 with good results for just listening to music while walking, though not true wireless.

I'm on the fence for Jabra Elite 75t, Sony WF1000xm3, or Sennheiser Momentum TWS with music quality as first priority. Now maybe the Fiio UTWS1 with the IT01 or my Fidue a83's.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #17,706 of 62,480
I'm guessing each side needs to be charged independently? I connected by Ibasso IT01 to MEE audio BTX1 with good results for just listening to music while walking, though not true wireless.

I'm on the fence for Jabra Elite 75t, Sony WF1000xm3, or Sennheiser Momentum TWS with music quality as first priority. Now maybe the Fiio UTWS1 with the IT01 or my Fidue a83's.
Yes they need to be charged independently, Fiio provides a USB-A to 2 micro USB cable.

Dec 26, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #17,708 of 62,480
any update on the app for the tevi?

The firmware update for the Lypertek Tevi's is well worth doing. There's a significant shift in the character of the sound. There's more bass and the slightly 'shouty' upper mid range is smoothed out quite nicely. The eq settings are very effective as well. PM me for a link.

Dec 26, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #17,709 of 62,480
I would like to give my 2 cents, about the Sennheiser True wireless momentum and who is still undecided about going full wireless. Those earbuds are AMAZING, in every aspect except battery life, but it's not a big deal for me.

Audio quality is superb, didn't know how these little pieces can pump such quality. I read complaints over the web......but after one week of use i have nothing to blame. Bluetooth connection is rock solid, compared to any previous earbuds i owned, passive isolation is very good. Battery life is meh, but more than sufficient to me for two days of use. Some people can find these a bit overpriced, but to me they worth every penny.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #17,710 of 62,480
Spotted on the train today. Can’t say I can ID the model, but pretty certain this is NOT how you wear it :wink:

maybe he's trying to hear those subliminal messages, so he listened to it backwards :laughing:

Dec 26, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #17,711 of 62,480
Hey guys, I've been following this thread since very beginning of it. It has been a while after I purchased APP. There are number unread pages, if you guys don't mind, I would like to ask, what is the flagship model for now, in terms of sound and call quality?

Dec 26, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #17,713 of 62,480
Hey guys, I've been following this thread since very beginning of it. It has been a while after I purchased APP. There are number unread pages, if you guys don't mind, I would like to ask, what is the flagship model for now, in terms of sound and call quality?
I am long time lurker too, but probably I think the following are the most honoured in SQ:

1. Soundcore liberty 2 pro
2. Sennheiser momentum

Probably APP is still the king of call + anc + sq

Dec 26, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #17,714 of 62,480
I am long time lurker too, but probably I think the following are the most honoured in SQ:

1. Soundcore liberty 2 pro
2. Sennheiser momentum

Probably APP is still the king of call + anc + sq
I think the mw07 is still the flagship for SQ. I think the consensus here is that it beats both the L2p and MTW. Some will disagree but that where I think the collective views of this thread are. All 3 are great choices.

Dec 26, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #17,715 of 62,480
The gamesky video rewiew of those TWS comments the app didn´t work him. Does it work to you?
If you didn't already know, these earphones are compatible on the Android app since the 20th of December. Has a few neat features like EQ presets (around a dozen of them), battery display, Low Latency Mode, High Sensitivity Touch Mode, Easy Mode, Burn-In, product eligibility checker and a digital user manual.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back