Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 25, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #17,686 of 62,125
So after a couple days with them, my new Tronsmart Spunky Beats have proven to have disappointing battery life.

At 50% volume I'm getting about 2:40 with aptx on (claims 4hrs) and about 3:15 (claims 7 hrs).

I've not seen much here about them but I've been kinda interested in the newer Mavin Air-XR. Besides @bronco1015 saying it sounded cheap after searching, anyone else here try them? @deadguy99 any update after getting them?
I had the new air-XR for a couple days they sounded identical and didn’t improve on the suction cup problem, sent them back because I prefer a real tactile button on the original as the new touch buttons were a bit picky on when they would recognize me tappin on it, not to mention tapping on them just made the ear ache worse lol, I still maintain they sound good but not like high end good, they don’t offend in any area and extend well in both directions and are non fatiguing for 8 hours. Loved the new charging case tho it was less then half the size of the old one. Will probably pick up some air pod pros or just wait for the momentum 2 tws comin soon

Dec 25, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #17,687 of 62,125
Has anyone else received the $50 off discount code from Soundcore for taking the L2P survey? The sucky part is that it's only valid until the end of this month (31 Dec), valid on purchases $79 and above, and only from soundcore.com, so that limits the choices quite a bit.

Dec 25, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #17,688 of 62,125
I had the new air-XR for a couple days they sounded identical and didn’t improve on the suction cup problem, sent them back because I prefer a real tactile button on the original as the new touch buttons were a bit picky on when they would recognize me tappin on it, not to mention tapping on them just made the ear ache worse lol, I still maintain they sound good but not like high end good, they don’t offend in any area and extend well in both directions and are non fatiguing for 8 hours. Loved the new charging case tho it was less then half the size of the old one. Will probably pick up some air pod pros or just wait for the momentum 2 tws comin soon

Good to know. May have to try them out then. Leaning towards getting the QI case version.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #17,689 of 62,125
Has anyone else received the $50 off discount code from Soundcore for taking the L2P survey? The sucky part is that it's only valid until the end of this month (31 Dec), valid on purchases $79 and above, and only from soundcore.com, so that limits the choices quite a bit.

No, but I was promised a $100 Wal-Mart gift card if I completed a long survey for a shady company in which I divulge my personal information and preferences. When I confronted them about the delay, I was told it was held up by the war in Somalia, and if I provide my banking info they’ll transfer it from a prince in Uganda.

Dec 25, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #17,690 of 62,125
No, but I was promised a $100 Wal-Mart gift card if I completed a long survey for a shady company in which I divulge my personal information and preferences. When I confronted them about the delay, I was told it was held up by the war in Somalia, and if I provide my banking info they’ll transfer it from a prince in Uganda.
LOL! I think my reward was a little more legit. :)

Dec 25, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #17,691 of 62,125
I got my $50 discount code two days ago.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #17,692 of 62,125
Well I have been using and enjoying my L2P for several weeks now and I recently snagged my Sony WH-1000XM3 back from my wife and wow do these 2 products have a lot of similarities in sound signature! I actually gave the Sony's to my wife because I thought they were to dark but after getting used to my L2P the Sony's sound very nice now.

I am actually looking at the WH-H910N or maybe just get another 1000XM3 since they are on sale for $350 here in Canada. Or maybe wait for the XM4 lol.

Dec 25, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #17,693 of 62,125
These are what I grab all the time when doing chores around the house and gym as they stay put in my ear and sound really great! And the battery life is awesome! I use them with my only apple device which is a iPod touch with lots of Tidal downloaded,
Since I am firmly enslaved... errrr... I mean embedded into the Apple ecosystem, and very impressed how the APP function in that regard, I am hoping the same for the PBP :wink:

Dec 25, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #17,694 of 62,125
Anyone else who is thinking on it/speculating that the Nuarl N6 is gonna be the one for sound over the N6 Pro. IIRC, did some say that the N6 was being favored early id Japanese impressions?? Still, before I remembered that, I was thinking that in trying to tuned the CNT to flat that they may just take the life out of it. So, that the N6 would be the enjoyable one and, even if better technically, The N6 Pro would lose some "it" factor. Also keeping seeing or thinking I see the size of the "soundfield" being mentioned with the N6 and not the N6 Pro. So, bigger stage would rank higher on my list as well as having more of an affinity with titanium coating than CNT even if CNT is more of a current "in thing" but with Koss, Goldring, and Cresyn, and others I have had more of an affinity to Titanium coated drivers myself. :)

Also, boo for the making fun of Asian accents...
upload_2019-12-25_19-13-25.png

It's GLOSS black, GLOSS black. :)

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #17,696 of 62,125
I've asked this question before but never really got a definitive yes/no answer, is the MW07 plus worth the extra 100 over the go?
I still have a hankering for purchasing one or the other as the sound they produce is amazing!
Still want to see what the new Nuarls are like and the upcoming Sennheiser and Bose will offer as well. All I need is some patience and resistance to buying anything more

Dec 25, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #17,699 of 62,125
I've asked this question before but never really got a definitive yes/no answer, is the MW07 plus worth the extra 100 over the go?
I still have a hankering for purchasing one or the other as the sound they produce is amazing!
Still want to see what the new Nuarls are like and the upcoming Sennheiser and Bose will offer as well. All I need is some patience and resistance to buying anything more
Not easy to answer. I'd say no it's not worth 100. But if you could find the plus on eBay for a discount (I got some for 235) then I'd say yes. The ANC is really the only distinguishing feature and it's basically just ok. If you care about having some level of ANC and shop around a bit, grab the plus. If you don't care about ANC I wouldn't bother with the plus. The go is lighter and cheaper. Strangely the plus fit me a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back