Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 7, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #15,046 of 62,550
Yes. The libratone track air+, vivo tws, backbeat pro 5100.

Thank you!

This does not replace, yet, the need for wired earphones when it comes to pure sonic abilities. The technology just is not there, with bluetooth and its inherent limitations. I see TWS as something that complements my use cases rather than displacing my existing equipment. Having said that, MPoW T5, SSK (fantastic for $20), and my MW07+ are serving me very well indeed.

I would say its personal preference at this point. I am perfectly fine with the lp2 for say.. 80% of the time. Yes, I would put on my monitors if I have the time and desire to listen to something specific, but that's going to be once a week maybe.

Current tech is enough for my needs :)

Nov 7, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #15,047 of 62,550
Thank you!

I would say its personal preference at this point. I am perfectly fine with the lp2 for say.. 80% of the time. Yes, I would put on my monitors if I have the time and desire to listen to something specific, but that's going to be once a week maybe.

Current tech is enough for my needs :)
I agree. I hardly ever go wired anymore. All the equipment is still here, but it's just sooo 2018.

Nov 7, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #15,048 of 62,550
I've read almost 100 pages, everything is messed up. So, am I right that the most balanced sound in ~100$ price range goes to MTW100 and Lypertek Tevi? Which one would you choose?
I really want to answer this question, so I ordered the Lypertek Tevi too. Mixed feelings about it so far, because I can't rhyme the comments on it so far. How do 'most balanced', 'bass-anemic' and 'like the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless!' combine? They don't! Really curious about them.

JadeAudio EW1 FiiO TWS review.jpg

Meanwhile, I published two new reviews:
- JadeAudio EW1 - the first TWS by FiiO!
- TRN T200

Nov 7, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #15,049 of 62,550
@Bartig have you tried Tronsmart Spunky Beat? $25 with Aptx sure looks like a good deal on paper. Contemplating them for 11.11

Nov 7, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #15,050 of 62,550
Well the liberty pro 2’s arrived. I was surprised that for my ears the fit is good straight out of the box, I mean really good, passive noise cancellation is surprisingly effective. This being my first pair of truly wireless in ears, I wasn’t expecting really good sound, crap me not I’m totally blown away by the SQ on these. They haven’t got the sound stage and SQ of my over ear Dali’s but they do sound a lot like the over ear Sennheiser Momentum 3’s that I tried for about 2 weeks. This is a lot to take in, it’s like 200% better than I was expecting, I’ve nothing to compare them to truly wirelessly speaking but so far I’m happy.

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #15,051 of 62,550
Well the liberty pro 2’s arrived. I was surprised that for my ears the fit is good straight out of the box, I mean really good, passive noise cancellation is surprisingly effective. This being my first pair of truly wireless in ears, I wasn’t expecting really good sound, crap me not I’m totally blown away by the SQ on these. They haven’t got the sound stage and SQ of my over ear Dali’s but they do sound a lot like the over ear Sennheiser Momentum 3’s that I tried for about 2 weeks. This is a lot to take in, it’s like 200% better than I was expecting, I’ve nothing to compare them to truly wirelessly speaking but so far I’m happy.

I've just got mine as well, pretty much the same impression.

Having said that, I believe I am affected by the hiss/static that appears sometimes, regardless of media volume. Ive got a pretty large return window, so I am planning to take some time before deciding about warranty. My only problem is fit, it works well in the ear canal but the none of the wings seems to fit my ear. It's as if they need to be a bit more inside than where they actually are.

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #15,052 of 62,550
Do you notice any hissing? Turn the volume down all the way, but still keep the track playing. Do you hear a high noise floor?

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #15,053 of 62,550
I've just got mine as well, pretty much the same impression.

Having said that, I believe I am affected by the hiss/static that appears sometimes, regardless of media volume. Ive got a pretty large return window, so I am planning to take some time before deciding about warranty. My only problem is fit, it works well in the ear canal but the none of the wings seems to fit my ear. It's as if they need to be a bit more inside than where they actually are.
Try turning them almost vertical to get the wings the fit. They need to be angled quite a bit in my experience.

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #15,054 of 62,550
It's really surprising to me how little impressions/reviews we have for what are potentially the "best" true wireless buds with the mw07+ in terms of total package and especially SQ.

This thread has some great feedback on them when you search for it however. Just surprised they're not a bigger deal in the audiophile community.

Any SQ comparisons for the mw07+ against any top tier wireless buds or IEMs?

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #15,055 of 62,550
It's really surprising to me how little impressions/reviews we have for what are potentially the "best" true wireless buds with the mw07+ in terms of total package and especially SQ.

This thread has some great feedback on them when you search for it however. Just surprised they're not a bigger deal in the audiophile community.

Any SQ comparisons for the mw07+ against any top tier wireless buds or IEMs?

The reason is because the original mw07 has been discussed extensively in this thread and the new plus model does not offer any changes to the sq except that it apparently does not support AAC. I think the general consensus is they still are the best sounding tws available with some preferring the sennheiser (not me).

Edit rereading your question. I agree with you and I think they should be a bigger deal. That said a comparison to a 300 wired iem may not be fair. They can definitely hang with many wired iems I've tried sub 200. They are a must own in my view.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #15,056 of 62,550

Did you play with EQs in the app ? I put together a few tracks that I feel show their signature pretty well here

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3AzDm1ZU7EH9y3etN4wVzc?si=V7VSzWNaQrakg_NblIkeIA

set it to electronic or rock and see what you think

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #15,057 of 62,550
Do you notice any hissing? Turn the volume down all the way, but still keep the track playing. Do you hear a high noise floor?

A tiny hissing yes, I mean only if I turn the volume to zero and still keep playing music and listen attentively, really attentively, who would do that? If I stop the music, leave the volume where it is or turn the volume right down, no hissing. The hissing on the over ear Momentum 3’s was much worse, had to tap on the left side to make it stop. I’ll only be using these with my phone a galaxy s10. I believe these are the new batch, got them from Amazon Germany delivered to France, but I had to wait for more than a week before they were available to order.

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #15,058 of 62,550

Users who are viewing this thread

Back