Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
post-15294147
Post #15,076 of 26,679

hifi80sman

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Reactions: d3myz and tma6
post-15294162
Post #15,077 of 26,679

tma6

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Those look REALLY nice. I actually like the 1More Stylish, but these look like the Stylish on some massive anabolic steroids.
Yeah I also really liked the 1More! I thought they were some of the best when they first came out, but there are just better options now. Lolll stylish on steroids is exactly what this looks like. 1DD/1BA seems promising particularly since 1more has a great track record with multiple driver IEMs.

Reactions: hifi80sman
post-15294173
Post #15,078 of 26,679

wizll

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
So for those with the liberty pro 2, is the SQ the norm for a truly wireless or is it better than most? Is apple’s new offering better than these SQ wise?
you definitely jumped straight to a better than most pair of TWS. :)
i started with the Chi-Fi, and don't get me wrong, I still use my anbes359, mpow t5 and tranya's, but the SQ on the LP2's are way up there in comparison.

post-15294399
Post #15,080 of 26,679

d3myz

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Ok Folks, I just got my L2pro replacements. Note that my particular issue was that I thought the mic sounded bad and siri's voice also sounded far away and a bit distorted. the new "version" I received has a near silent noise floor like my previous set, but the pop/clicks I used to get while engaging tracks on spotify or apple books are no longer present.

Firmware version is the stock 1.09 of the new buds, I thought i'd wait to update. As far a sound comparison, there is no difference in the gain or but the new buds are quieter by 1/16 on my apple devices. There is however a Very Noticeable difference in the sub bass in the new buds. Like a LOT dudes!
They new ones bump way less. I don't know if it's that the drivers aren't broken in yet or that there's more Bass in the old version, but the BA's in the new version are certainly more crisp, the mids also sound a touch cleaner. I feel like this was my experience the first time I use the L2pro and the BA's have just mellowed out. I dunno. We are also talking two different firmware's and possible hardware versions. I tested first on my XS MAX, then on my Ipad Air current gen and achieved the same result. I think I like the new version better, The bass is def. more balanced and the mids sound better to me which were my to only irritations with the first version. This is the best sounding TWS' i've heard, so I can only imaging how the MW07 and the Sony's sound like.

I should mention I used the Piano and the Soundcore Sig. setting in the app for both buds. I set the volume at the same level and used 4 tracks and the same stock tips.

I actually think the new version has less sub mass and more mid bass, I'm really enjoying them.

Also, has anyone else noticed they cannot control the volume from the buds during a phone call? This happens with both the new and old What?

Edit: The old buds are quieter by about 3/16ths. The more tracks i listen to the more noticeable it is. In some songs the old buds sound better, the new ones just don't have as much sub-bass, damn I may have to keep both. If we are talking "audiophile" tuning i'd say the newer ones are def. more like a Tevi, with much better bass. Also, 1.09 is the most current firmware for the new version, weird.

Last edited:
post-15294463
Post #15,081 of 26,679

tma6

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Ok Folks, I just got my L2pro replacements. Note that my particular issue was that I thought the mic sounded bad and siri's voice also sounded far away and a bit distorted. the new "version" I received has a near silent noise floor like my previous set, but the pop/clicks I used to get while engaging tracks on spotify or apple books are no longer present.

Firmware version is the stock 1.09 of the new buds, I thought i'd wait to update. As far a sound comparison, there is no difference in the gain or but the new buds are quieter by 1/16 on my apple devices. There is however a Very Noticeable difference in the sub bass in the new buds. Like a LOT dudes!
They new ones bump way less. I don't know if it's that the drivers aren't broken in yet or that there's more Bass in the old version, but the BA's in the new version are certainly more crisp, the mids also sound a touch cleaner. I feel like this was my experience the first time I use the L2pro and the BA's have just mellowed out. I dunno. We are also talking two different firmware's and possible hardware versions. I tested first on my XS MAX, then on my Ipad Air current gen and achieved the same result. I think I like the new version better, The bass is def. more balanced and the mids sound better to me which were my to only irritations with the first version. This is the best sounding TWS' i've heard, so I can only imaging how the MW07 and the Sony's sound like.

I should mention I used the Piano and the Soundcore Sig. setting in the app for both buds. I set the volume at the same level and used 4 tracks and the same stock tips.

I actually think the new version has less sub mass and more mid bass, I'm really enjoying them.

Also, has anyone else noticed they cannot control the volume from the buds during a phone call? This happens with both the new and old What?

Edit: The old buds are quieter by about 3/16ths. The more tracks i listen to the more noticeable it is. In some songs the old buds sound better, the new ones just don't have as much sub-bass, damn I may have to keep both. If we are talking "audiophile" tuning i'd say the newer ones are def. more like a Tevi, with much better bass. Also, 1.09 is the most current firmware for the new version, weird.
This is interesting. Very into the Tevi signature, but def would like some more low end. How are they for phone calls?

Reactions: d3myz
post-15294513
Post #15,082 of 26,679

chinmie

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
this is a review about the Soundpeats Truengine SE, it's in japanese, but he provides English captions, which is great

in essence he says the sound is more or less the same as the older soundpeats truengine, which as far as i know from reviews is not too great, at least compared to the Syllable version

post-15294529
Post #15,083 of 26,679

CocaCola15

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I've just got mine as well, pretty much the same impression.

Having said that, I believe I am affected by the hiss/static that appears sometimes, regardless of media volume. Ive got a pretty large return window, so I am planning to take some time before deciding about warranty. My only problem is fit, it works well in the ear canal but the none of the wings seems to fit my ear. It's as if they need to be a bit more inside than where they actually are.
I just took the wings off. Feels odd, but they stay in place. I use bulby Comply with them, tweak the treble just a wee bit. Perfect.

post-15294536
Post #15,084 of 26,679

CocaCola15

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Ah, I see. The highs are exactly why I use the electronic/rock .. they are a bit "reserved" for my taste, but it does depend on the record as well.. sometimes the signature EQ is fine. Enjoy :wink:
I skip the Soundcore app and use Kaiser Audio app in iOS with a 20-band EQ. Add a bit of treble because I also like just a little more high end. But it does depend on the track.

post-15294554
Post #15,085 of 26,679

jasaero

Head-Fier
Reaction score
I put in my sons SSK last night and it doesn’t have the right tips on it for me. It had the small ones from out of the box but man, sounded like a $5 pair of headphones. Super tinny and no bass. I assume and hope with the correct tips that would change?
He is 13 so he had small tips on there.
Yes, has to be tips. The only real issue with the design is it's sorta a sideways inserted seal regime. I can get good seal and use with stock tips, but when push buttons it mutes them cause it's pushing tip into some part of my ear wall and plugging it apparently. The SpinFit 360 tips work much better as they have joint on them sorta that allows tip to sorta rotate toward ear canal better. Spinfits only sound marginally better when not messing with buttons, but can mess with buttons when using spinfits and not have audio anomalies.

Reactions: Grayson73
post-15294572
Post #15,086 of 26,679

go0gle

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I skip the Soundcore app and use Kaiser Audio app in iOS with a 20-band EQ. Add a bit of treble because I also like just a little more high end. But it does depend on the track.
Now, the question is can said app be used with the airpods pro ?

post-15294577
Post #15,087 of 26,679

Minarets

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Oh, you totally need the APP if you want to be a hipster strolling thru Whole Foods aka Whole Paycheck.

Seriously, if the SQ was better, shoot, they'd be arguably the best on the market, especially for iOS users.
EQ’d thru the phone under “electronic” I quite enjoy the sound. Analytical? Nope. Fun? For me, yes. Boosted bass slightly and elevated treble. That, for me is where I like it. Better than everything? Nope. But for an iPhone user, these are fantastic. Still need to see how it does on a plane. Have a cross country flight Monday. That will be deciding factor.

Reactions: hifi80sman
post-15294586
Post #15,088 of 26,679

howdy

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Just got an email this morning, the Earin M-2 is back in stock.
That's awesome!
I'm glad they are still showing some interest in this market, they have been out of stock for 5 months at least. My M2s are definitely one pair I would never sell. I hope there is a M3 as I would absolutely buy one.

Reactions: AtariPrime
post-15294598
Post #15,089 of 26,679

sanity8me

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Also agree that it would be great to have a new more organized thread. I've been following for a while and it was difficult to get a coherent sense of the TWS that people have tried without reading through tons of small posts. I'd be up for helping in whatever way I can.
Someone just needs to take on that initiative. This thread is all over place - an updated tier list per price point would be awesome.

By the way, I found the YouTube review that mentions that the bass is more "vibrant" on the mw07+ compared to the originals.

Around 8:24 into it:

So I think the audiophile community needs to definitely take a better look at the updated Plus version.

Reactions: tma6
post-15294605
Post #15,090 of 26,679

tma6

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Someone just needs to take on that initiative. This thread is all over place - an updated tier list per price point would be awesome.

By the way, I found the YouTube review that mentions that the bass is more "vibrant" on the mw07+ compared to the originals.

Around 8:24 into it:

So I think the audiophile community needs to definitely take a better look at the updated Plus version.

This review is pretty spot on from my experience. Definitely think that without connectivity issues and lack of AAC, the mw07+ are among the best on the market right now for everything except ANC (which is passable at best). SQ is on point for sure particularly with some mid-preference EQ.

Also, I'm willing to try to create a new thread, the only issue is we need to get people behind it to switch over.

Airpods Pro review coming either later tn or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 22, Guests: 30)