Give me the rundown on durable IEMs with replaceable cables under $300
Mar 24, 2011 at 9:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Meifa

100+ Head-Fier
I've had my Panasonic HJE900s for about nine months now and really love the drivers, but I'm having a hell of a time with their cables. Stock cable lasted about six months before I started losing sound in one side. I would have purchased another stock cable, but, as we all know, they're nowhere to be found for purchase. So I ordered a SA6 cable as a replacement and it literally failed in a matter of days. Despite this, and chiefly because there really was no other option, I decided to pony up for an SA1 cable at the beginning of February. I was quite happy with it for the month plus since, but then it completely lost sound in one side last night. I just emailed SA about a warranty replacement, but the bottom line is I'm not happy with the limited selection (and apparently limited quality) of the cables that are compatible with the HJEs.

I'd appreciate if you guys could give me a breakdown of fairly durable IEMs with (better/more reliable) replaceable cables at or under $300. I should note I'm willing to stretch that price point for a really great set of phones, but they would have to be good enough justify the extra cost (i.e., they need to last more than nine months).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back