Gilmore lite
Jul 7, 2003 at 7:07 AM Post #16 of 90
elpac is a company that builds many high-quality wall warts, some of which are particularly recommended for this application by various diy-ers within this community.

correct me if i'm wrong, but this will be ac-only, right? no batteries inside it at all?

Jul 7, 2003 at 6:27 PM Post #17 of 90
i will wait to sell my meta 42... it has two 627 ab's and 4x el 2001 with a single level crossfeed and generic jacks... i will proceed to compare it to my gilmore lite when i receive it.

Jul 8, 2003 at 2:50 AM Post #18 of 90
Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for:

lite_front.jpg

lite_back.jpg

I found them here.

-Mag

Jul 8, 2003 at 4:51 AM Post #19 of 90
Looks really great... and heavy

Jul 8, 2003 at 6:35 AM Post #20 of 90
Wow....this is one of the best looking amp yet! Nice gold color. Sorry, I'm a bit of a gold rush here. Will this be better than the first version of the Gilmore amp?

3000smile.gif

Jul 8, 2003 at 7:21 AM Post #21 of 90
Quote:

Originally posted by purk
Wow....this is one of the best looking amp yet! Nice gold color. Sorry, I'm a bit of a gold rush here. Will this be better than the first version of the Gilmore amp?

3000smile.gif

You don't mean the case do you? It's silver although I admit that the reflection of the desk gives it a gold tint..

Anyway, as I've said it looks awesome.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2003 at 1:46 PM Post #22 of 90
Is this amp supposed to be a portable at all?? It looks kinda big and chunky. Also, the rear power switch and RCA inputs tend to make it more of a home amp than a portable, IMO. Was I mistaken maybe? Was its originial intent to be a home amp?

Hiker

Jul 8, 2003 at 1:57 PM Post #23 of 90
It is meant to be less expensive and more transportable (i.e. from home to work), but it is not a "portable" like the portacorda or airhead. It is a compact Gilmore.

Something akin to this:

Gilmore V2 = Corda HA-2/Prehead
Gilmore Lite = Corda HA-1 Mk2

Jul 8, 2003 at 6:32 PM Post #24 of 90
Oh ok. Now if only it came with crossfeed I would order one immediately. Otherwise I think I might have to go with the Corda HA-1 MkII. The gilmore does look pretty damn nice, though. And it should fit rather nicely in my college dorm. Decisions, decisions.

Jul 8, 2003 at 8:43 PM Post #25 of 90
People,
The Gilmore lite is not meant to be a portable amp at all. Transportable: maybe. It is essentially a Gilmore minus the Gilmore power supply. It runs off a +/- 15VDC wallwart. It only has one input and one headphone jack. Otherwise the circuit is the same.
-Mag

Jul 9, 2003 at 12:49 AM Post #26 of 90
Quote:

Originally posted by Hiker
Oh ok. Now if only it came with crossfeed I would order one immediately. Otherwise I think I might have to go with the Corda HA-1 MkII. The gilmore does look pretty damn nice, though. And it should fit rather nicely in my college dorm. Decisions, decisions.

you can also get the gilmore and add Pink Floyds' X-feed circuit.
i think it's about $60.
well...you'll have to get some extra cables (but short ones) and the mode won't be easily switchable.. but maybe you'll end up with a great setup..

Jul 9, 2003 at 8:34 AM Post #28 of 90
Quote:

Originally posted by MERTON
where do you get the pink floyd x-feed?

send a msg to member Pink Floyd
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2003 at 9:07 PM Post #30 of 90
ahhhh to you know the feeling when you don't need stuff you see in here, but you really want to get it?

#@^##%*$%!!!!!!
when will i be rich???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back