Gilmore lite
Jul 17, 2003 at 12:51 AM Post #76 of 90
I also am not ready to go gilmore-less, so rather then recouping money from my latest spending spree I'm spending cash I don't have on a second head-rig exclusivly for my computer. (not that my 15 foot carda didn't reach before)

Jul 17, 2003 at 4:21 AM Post #77 of 90
Quote:

Originally posted by Gopher
I was speaking to Justin recently, and he expressed some things to me which should probably be clarified about the upcomming amp. There seems to be a misconception that by definition a wall-wart is an inferior power supply. In fact, the wall-wart he will be using is no different than an internal regulated power supply you might find in most home amplifiers. It contains a transformer, rectifier diodes, a pair of +/-15V voltage regulators, and four large electrolytic capacitors. And As an added bonus, the units are very reliable and meet many EMI and safety requirements.

Ah, I see. Sorry, as I stated I am no expert here by any means. I'm sure you are very right. However it does sound as though the power supply caps might be smaller, but not sure though.

Aug 24, 2003 at 11:32 PM Post #78 of 90
Is there any difference in power "output" between the lite and the v2? Or is the power supply just better "quality" in the v2?

Nov 23, 2003 at 10:05 AM Post #79 of 90
Why I heard so less about this amp until now? It has been out for a while and the price is affordable for someone who will consider PPA or Perraux SHA-1. V2 costs about twice as much and is still very popular. If the Lite does have the same circuit as V2, It should be much more popular here. I don't even see any review yet.
NEO

Nov 23, 2003 at 10:40 AM Post #80 of 90
mine is in the mail
smily_headphones1.gif

updated pics on the site:

lite_front_large.jpg

lite_back_large.jpg

should arrive mid-late next week.

Nov 24, 2003 at 3:51 AM Post #81 of 90
How do you who have the Lite feel that it compares to the Corda HA-1?

I'm considering the HeadRoom Little (not so much though, as I've heard it sounds a bit grainy), HeadAmp Lite and Corda HA-1.

So far, I think the HA-1 seems the best, as it has a seemingly good upgrade path (Corda Blue mods).

Thanks all. Great thread.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2003 at 9:16 AM Post #82 of 90
i got my gilmore lite today. first impressions were amazing. very very clear especially once i popped in a few sacds.

i must mention that i don't have any other amps and have never used a dedicated headphone amp so i can't really make a direct comparison.

i've had about 2 hours of play with it tonight and hope to be able to spend quite a bit of tomorrow with it as well.

Dec 14, 2003 at 4:29 PM Post #84 of 90
I would love to hear more impressions of the Gilmore Lite as well. Especially with etymotics.

Scott

Dec 14, 2003 at 6:05 PM Post #85 of 90
Will the Lite run off the 240V UK power, or is it just US 110V?

Simon

Dec 14, 2003 at 6:10 PM Post #86 of 90
Quote:

Originally posted by sclamb
Will the Lite run off the 240V UK power, or is it just US 110V?

Simon

I would contact the guy at Headamp.com he may be able to help. Since the PS is external he may be able to recommend an alternative to the Elpac.

Scott

PS - You brits just have to do everything different eh?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2003 at 6:39 PM Post #87 of 90
Quote:

Originally posted by scottder
PS - You brits just have to do everything different eh?
smily_headphones1.gif

That is what makes us so special
600smile.gif

Dec 14, 2003 at 7:15 PM Post #89 of 90
Quote:

Originally posted by keithdn
It seems the images of the Lite on the front page have been switched again, back to the originals.. I'm confused! I liked the 'newer' look better, but I suppose it doesn't much matter.
biggrin.gif

I'm sure it was accidental...the original pics are of the prototype model so I wouldn't worry.

And on an off-topic note, El Cielo is amazing
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2003 at 7:17 PM Post #90 of 90
Quote:

Originally posted by keithdn
It seems the images of the Lite on the front page have been switched again, back to the originals.. I'm confused! I liked the 'newer' look better, but I suppose it doesn't much matter.
biggrin.gif

Ok what was different about the "newer" look.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back