Ghentaudio Cables - Impressions & Opinions. (First impressions & pictures in!)
Apr 26, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #181 of 198
What would you guys recommend for a turntable interconnect from Ghent? The cable run from my phono stage to my preamp is about 4m. The phono stage manufacturer (ASR, I have the basis exclusive battery powered phono stage) recommends low capacitance. Looking at things, I think the A01 would be a good choice. And no, due to constraints, I am not able to currently place said turntable/phono stage closer to the preamp and have a shorter cable run. I am stuck with the setup that I have for the foreseeable future.

I'm also thinking of betting the B01 to go from my AK 120 II DAP to my preamp. Is this the correct cable/process to do this and get the AK working via the preamp?

Some other general questions - ordered a 1M run of A09 last night via Ghent's website. I couldn't see an option to create an account etc, just an option to "add to cart" which then directs you to pay via paypal and signing in. Is this normal for his website? I guess he must go off the address attached to your paypal account...I guess it keeps his site simple, but it's badly designed (15 years in IT here) imho. No follow up Email from Ghent yet, but it has only been 24 hours since I placed the order for the A09, and it is the weekend too. Should I expect to get a confirmation Email for said order? It's a bit disconcerting if I don't...

What you describe is normal for Ghent Audio. It's a simple interface. I think you'll get an email from Ghent Xu. I usually did. If it were me ordering a phono cable, I'd ask him what the capacitance is. I don't see that # for 01.

BTW, his cables & customer service are really excellent. That plus the low prices make Ghent Audio my go-to for headphone cables.

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #182 of 198
What you describe is normal for Ghent Audio. It's a simple interface. I think you'll get an email from Ghent Xu. I usually did. If it were me ordering a phono cable, I'd ask him what the capacitance is. I don't see that # for 01.

BTW, his cables & customer service are really excellent. That plus the low prices make Ghent Audio my go-to for headphone cables.
They make headphone cables??

Apr 26, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #183 of 198
They make headphone cables??

Yup. My favorite is D05: http://www.ghentaudio.com/part/d05.html

I have 3 of these, all configured for 3.5mm on the headphone end & 1/4"/6.35mm on the amp side. I just asked Ghent to change the plugs on one end of each cable from 6.35mm to 3.5mm, which was no problem.

I especially like this cable because it has no cloth covering & thus little or no microphonics.

Note that I never tried to purchase a cable w/2 jacks (left & right earcups) on headphone side & 1 jack on amp side (ie, typical balanced config). I'll bet Ghent makes those; I just never had occasion to check.

May 1, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #184 of 198

I ended up getting a reply from Ghent 2 days later confirming the order and shipment.

No other reply to my query on recommended phono cable though, nearly a week on...a bit disappointing, but I guess he's busy,.

May 7, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #185 of 198
Comment on another site regarding the Gotham DC cable:

11229823.png

AS2

May 7, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #186 of 198
May 10, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #188 of 198
I'm going to slowly migrate to LiFePO4 batteries for audio power in the next few years.

I wonder if Ghentaudio is open to sending in connectors for custom cables:

11230948.jpg

11230951.jpg

11230945.jpg

Last edited:
May 10, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #189 of 198
I asked Ghent to make me a Oyaide DC Series-Mode Y-Cable to combine two PSUs. Super niche, but the cable is of extremely high quality and everything works.
Couldn't be happier :wink:

I luv that Ghentaudio is not biased to push their own product or favor one brand in particular. They import the HQ Western & JP goods + solder and give you the option to choose what is best for you. The gaming PC parts is not something I considered but will on the next PC build. It's like a dreamland of cable goods w/ decent prices because of the low labor costs and mass qty purchases of goods.

May 16, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #190 of 198
Well, my RCA cable arrived (eventually) from Ghent. Looks very well made, haven't tested it yet. Took longer to get from Sydney to Brisbane than China to Australia lol...go Australia Post! I have a few more cables coming and probably will order a few more down the track.

Jun 7, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #191 of 198
Has anyone else had issues receiving cables from Ghent in the past 4 weeks? Mailed on 6th May, hasn't even hit Australia yet according to tracking...the first cable I ordered took 11 days to get from China to Australia (which is on the slow side as it is!). I'm starting to think that Australian border customs is doing funny stuff with anything coming from China...frustrating cos I'm waiting on the cable so I can connect my chord mojo to my aries mini and also to my preamp...

Jun 7, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #192 of 198
I had an order that took 84 days but did arrive last Friday here in Brazil.

Jun 8, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #193 of 198
Has anyone else had issues receiving cables from Ghent in the past 4 weeks? Mailed on 6th May, hasn't even hit Australia yet according to tracking...the first cable I ordered took 11 days to get from China to Australia (which is on the slow side as it is!). I'm starting to think that Australian border customs is doing funny stuff with anything coming from China...frustrating cos I'm waiting on the cable so I can connect my chord mojo to my aries mini and also to my preamp...
My last order I used TNT due to covid and even express took 15 days from China due to all kinds of delays.

Jan 22, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #194 of 198
Just got my B03, it took a loooong time to arrive, from 25th of November to today.
However, it feels great, came well packaged, also the 3.5mm end is not from Yongsheng like the one on the page, instead its from Paillics like the RCAs (and i think it looks better too).
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-22 at 16.22.05.jpeg

Feb 7, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #195 of 198
Ordered 3.5mm to 3.5mm Canare l-4e6s cable on Jan 25th and received today Feb 6, fastest international shipping ever.

Cable looks to be of really high quality. And the direction is marked (love that).

I have a 1000w rms sound system in the car and I use the Fiio BTR5 so I can bypass the headunit and have complete audio control and wireless connectivity from my phone for convenience.

I don't want to sound like one of those guys that preach about cables but this cable works magic, it sounds like I got a better sub. I'm not sure if the rest of the range in the sound were affected, I'd have to give it some critical listening but the bass is very easy to notice the difference. It hits harder, tighter and cleaner.

Had this particular system in my car for about 4 years. Casual listening level is usually at level 20 but volume is louder now, 18 is the new 20.

Also tested the cable on my at-m40x, fostex t50rp and Sony mdr1am2, its harder to tell with the higher frequencies if there was an improvement but the increase in bass is definitely there. Not as substantial an increase as in my car but its noticeable. However, I was using this thing in the car before I changed to the ghent cable.

2021-02-206.jpg
2021-02-06.jpg

I like to use this track for bass comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back