Getting skeptical: does "better" really exist?
May 29, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #346 of 402
No, to be satisfied by your argument, you could say "I don't like <X headphone that costs a lot, say K1000> more than <Y headphone that costs $12, say ksc75s>" when you've heard both headphones you're comparing.

May 29, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #347 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The AKG K701 resembles exactly what perfect sound quality is for me. I wouldn't change anything about it currently.

You have actually a quite good reference. And I can't believe that you really equate it with the KSC 75.

May 29, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #348 of 402
Definitely a ton of subjectivity, but familiarity also plays a role. I plopped my cans on my friend's head the other day, trying to get him to check out a song, and he nearly threw them off! It was a DT880 so it's hard to think they're that bad...
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #349 of 402
Quote:

I guess in order for you to be satisfied with my argument, I'd have to try all the headphones in existence.

No, but I do expect you to have first hand experience when making the following statement:

Quote:

I'd consider a KSC75 as good as a HE90 as far as sound quality goes.

But you haven't heard the HE90, so you're typing out of your ass.

May 29, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #350 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, but I do expect you to have first hand experience when making the following statement:

But you haven't heard the HE90, so you're typing out of your ass.

No, you're typing out of YOUR ass.

May 29, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #351 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have actually a quite good reference. And I can't believe that you really equate it with the KSC 75.

I wouldn't think it would be crazy for somebody to like the KSC75 over the K701. I prefer the KSC75 over the HD650 myself.

May 29, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #354 of 402
Quote:

No, better does not exist. If an audio setup does 20-20khz, it is subjective after that. Nobody is really right or wrong. I'd consider a KSC75 as good as a HE90 as far as sound quality goes.

Just because 2 setups do 20-20Khz does not mean that both do them well. One can do them very well, and one can do them very poorly.

May 29, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #356 of 402
Quote:

I wouldn't think it would be crazy for somebody to like the KSC75 over the K701. I prefer the KSC75 over the HD650 myself.

Yes, I can understand a preference for an inferior headphone (which the KSC-75 is, in this case) – more «fun», better comfort... –, but an equation is something different. Of course I'd also accept if that's your opinion, but I wouldn't share it. The discrepancy with the «technical criteria» I believe to hear makes it impossible to me to put them in the same league (I don't have the KSC-75, but the PortaPro instead, with the same driver). But I must confess that a few years ago I thought that the PortaPro had a unique airiness in it that no other headphone achieves. This feeling is not there anymore, though; now I miss a lot of resolution and refinement, even compared to the humble PX 100, let alone ER-4P and Audéo, if we're speaking of portable head-/earphones.

graphCompare.php

Anyway, I'm not an established member of team «more expensive = more better». For different reasons I don't particularly like some of the most respected headphones.

May 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #357 of 402
He's the troll who tried claiming the KSC75 was a better HP than the Stax Lambda. K701 is 'perfect sound' to you, lambda is terrible, yet the MMG is what made you move to speakers? Not really buying it.

May 31, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #358 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's possible to prefer the sound of one over the other, while acknowledging the other is technically better.

I been saying this forever.. Many prefer the sound of the 650 over the Q10, even though the Q10 is technically better.

Jun 1, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #359 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by n3rdling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He's the troll who tried claiming the KSC75 was a better HP than the Stax Lambda. K701 is 'perfect sound' to you, lambda is terrible, yet the MMG is what made you move to speakers? Not really buying it.

Totally not a troll. Since I get many personal attacks from you guys on different forums, I will say this: I think that electrostatic headphones are a gimmick.

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #360 of 402
Quote:

I will say this: I think that electrostatic headphones are a gimmick.

How so exactly? In what ways? What do you not like about them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back