Getting skeptical: does "better" really exist?
May 28, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #331 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get back to me when you can EQ some soundstage, imaging capability, and micro-details out of a headphone while not degrading overall SQ.

Yep, I'd like to hear that too. It would be a sure fire way of wasting pleasurable listening time on a fruitless mission.

May 29, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #334 of 402
Take it out on 4chan or something.

May 29, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #336 of 402
May 29, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #337 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get bored easily, and forums are entertainment.

Proof of Troll.
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #340 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, better does not exist. If an audio setup does 20-20khz, it is subjective after that. Nobody is really right or wrong. I'd consider a KSC75 as good as a HE90 as far as sound quality goes.

Weren't you the guy running K1000s of a Big Joe amp? Do you really think you know what K1000s can sound like?

May 29, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #341 of 402
Quote:

If an audio setup does 20-20khz, it is subjective after that.

That's not correct. The hi-fi norm doesn't even claim for 20 Hz–20 kHz. But what's more important is a flat response, although it's hard to interpret it in the case of headphones (→ HRTF). It shouldn't have spikes and dips (spikes being worse than dips). Sharp spikes represent resonances and result in perceived hardness or harshness. They aren't even visible on standard frequency responses, since those are smoothed for better interpretablilty. Another, important quality criterion is harmonic distortion. It has a strong impact on transparency and clarity. Furthermore there's transient response. It is highly frequency dependent and affected by membrane geometry and material, also by inner reflections within the earpieces as well as between membrane and ear. And it's hard to measure. It affects soundstage, imaging and detail resolution.

May 29, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #344 of 402
Quote:

True but I've tried many different headphones.

So you can't make an informed comment about the sound quality of the HE90.

May 29, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #345 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you can't make an informed comment about the sound quality of the HE90.

Nor would I want to. I haven't heard a Sennheiser headphone that I liked. Judging by what other people say about it, it seems I'd dislike it thus the same. I guess in order for you to be satisfied with my argument, I'd have to try all the headphones in existence. But if I am perfectly happy with the headphones I currently own, there is no real point of trying any others. I moved on to speakers. The AKG K701 resembles exactly what perfect sound quality is for me. I wouldn't change anything about it currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back