Getting older, how you do guys (and gals) deal with it?
Feb 2, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #151 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by tr4visphu0ng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they yelled at me for like a week for dropping my phone into the water....geesshh........

Yea, when you get older you can yell at yourself for a week instead!
beerchug.gif

Feb 2, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #153 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course to balance the good:

- You had wet dreams and dry farts, now......
- Takes all week to recover from the weekend
- Learning co-habitation skills don't mean you use them
- The odors you thought were someone else are coming from your dirty clothes
- You have more hair on your back than your head
- You take advantage of every bathroom
- You get your good ole days stories mixed up and the grandkids correct you
- You have to stop the car and remember where you're going
- No one cares what you think but you keep telling anybody who will listen
- You finally admit that there may be something more to life than self gratification

I would add to this that, around 50 the effects of lifestyle choices come home to roost.
Apparently, if you live beyond 55, you are set for a reasonably long life.
Any bad decisions regarding your career will be showing up.
Children will be doing their best to bleed you dry.
So not so many shiny toys.
Bits of you that gave you pleasure start giving you trouble.
I could go on but it would be bl**dy depressing.
As said, still better than the alternative!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #154 of 163
OK grasshopper's listen up. I can tell you some things about getting older. I am 62 and old so I know!!!!

1. You do not start losing your hair, it just starts growing in different places.
2. As you get older you get stronger. I remember when I was a teen and got up in the morning I had to hold it down with two hands to urinate in the morning. Now I can do it with one hand.
3. You do not snore or pass gass. It is always the dog or the cat.
4. Learn ways to say and really mean it that you don't have any money when confronted by kids, grandkids, great grandkids etc.
5. Even if you have nowhere to go don't let the family borrow your car. They always forget where you live when it is time to bring it home.
6. You will start asking questions like why is a pair of pants called a pair and a shirt is not called a pair of shirts? Both have two openings. Why is it called a hot water heater when you do not heat hot water? Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway? etc.

See life is better the older you get and always remember you have the above to look forward to. Good Luck.

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #155 of 163
Actually a shirt has four openings, and pants have three .

How old before you start noticing things like that?

Mar 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #156 of 163
I don't deal with it, at 60 I just keep plugging away, much as I did when I was 20.

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #157 of 163
I'll be 58 in May. I have no problem dealing with it. Actually, I wouldn't want to grow up today with all the crap going on in this world..

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #158 of 163
I'll be 58 in May. I have no problem dealing with it. Actually, I wouldn't want to grow up today with all the crap going on in this world..

Aint that the truth! Best statement yet.

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #159 of 163
Eagle Eye, Thanks
smile.gif

I wonder how many young people would agree with that?

Mar 3, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #161 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Testify.

Though the headphones are better today.

You got that right
smily_headphones1.gif
Although back in the old days you could get excellent, well built audio equipment for a reasonable price. Today we have a speaker system that goes for $2,000,000, power cables that cost more than what my parents paid for their house. Crazy!!

Mar 3, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #162 of 163
Honestly, I agree with Eagle Eye. I feel sorry for my kids, looking towards the future. Technology will be great, but unless you live in outlying areas, the traffic and overcrowding and the ability to find a job, are downright scary to me.

Traffic in NYC 20 years ago was pretty bad, but then they widened (added lanes) most of the major highways, and now we have a rush hour that goes from 2 in the afternoon, to 10 at night.
I can't even enjoy a good loop to the beach on weekends, because everything is stop and go.

What's it going to be like when they're 50?

Mar 4, 2010 at 7:02 AM Post #163 of 163
Getting older: we have to deal with it? This is news to me.

ed54we543w634.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back