Getting older, how you do guys (and gals) deal with it?
Jan 30, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #121 of 163
It's been good so far. After dropping a significant amount of weight starting in '08, I feel just as good as I did 20 years ago. I'm 37 - and I got carded last night. The most significant difference is that I've gone about 50% gray. However, keeping it cut short makes it less noticeable.

I make much more money and have better toys than I did back then, too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #122 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's been good so far. After dropping a significant amount of weight starting in '08, I feel just as good as I did 20 years ago. I'm 37 - and I got carded last night. The most significant difference is that I've gone about 50% gray. However, keeping it cut short makes it less noticeable.

I make much more money and have better toys than I did back then, too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey, now... 17 doesn't always feel so great.

Jan 30, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #123 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9pintube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JUST ENJOY AS MANY THINGS AS YOU CAN! I'm 57, had prostate cancer (removed in 08) came thru surgery fine, changed, but alive!!! I'm just glad I still have excellent hearing for my age.....NOW THAT WOULD REALLY SUCK, If I couldn't enjoy my music!!! Just think just 5 yrs. until retirement...... ADVICE to you youngsters "JUST DO EVERYTHING YOU ENJOY",NOW! You never know when it's your last slice of pizza!!

Mine was Prostate too. Had mine removed in '08 as well! Side effects suck but as you say, being alive is the thing. Any guys aproaching 50 reading this, get yourself checked out. My symptoms were minimal. Almost ignored it. If I had, I would be dead right now. Caught early enough the treatment is a lot less extreme. First step, simple bloodtest.
beerchug.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #124 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, now... 17 doesn't always feel so great.

Depends on the 17 year old.
smile.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #128 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It gets better. Trust me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Im faster and stronger now that Im in my early 30's then when I was a teen. I got hit by a car couple years ago and the doctor said the reason why I didn't get hurt was "she flexed her arms". So start hitting the gym!

Jan 31, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #131 of 163
So far, my life has been a very pleasant journey. To be honest, my aim of life is to die happy; when i die, i want to say to myself this life was worth living.

Jan 31, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #133 of 163
I just accept it as a fact!
Closing in on 40 and so far had a really great life. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Health wise I have never had surgery or spent time at a hospital. I am blessed with a handful great close friends and a close family, to which I can open my heart if needed. I also have a stable job with a decent income.

Enjoying life!
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #134 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just accept it as a fact!
Closing in on 40 and so far had a really great life. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Health wise I have never had surgery or spent time at a hospital. I am blessed with a handful great close friends and a close family, to which I can open my heart if needed. I also have a stable job with a decent income.

Enjoying life!
biggrin.gif

Nice to hear man.
smile_phones.gif
Probably because you live in Norway!
cool.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #135 of 163
I am 55. I try to keep a slim waste line and act immature. Some people think that because they are a certain age that they have to act it. As if there was some kind of rule book. I look at people my age and it makes me sick. I'd rather be out on my bicycle then some car with a bench seat that is all the way back so that they can fit under the steering wheel...while the wife wears a mink and $500,000.00 woth of jewlery and 8 pounds of make up...No Thanx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back