Getting older, how you do guys (and gals) deal with it?
Feb 1, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #136 of 163
49 and liking it a lot. Growing older is great if you do it right: pay attention your health, your friends and your family, and learn to flow with the ups and downs of living, especially when things don't go your way.

Feb 1, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #137 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
49 and liking it a lot. Growing older is great if you do it right: pay attention your health, your friends and your family, and learn to flow with the ups and downs of living, especially when things don't go your way.

Great advice; I just turned 48 and need to get past an "inguinal" hernia operation soon; other than that no complaints.

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #138 of 163
I'm 16 right now and I don't like it so much....all the pressure from studying and worry bout wat university I'm gonna go to. Then all the constant scolding from my parents...they yelled at me for like a week for dropping my phone into the water....geesshh.....Hope it'll be easier when I finish university and have a job.....

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #139 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by tr4visphu0ng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm 16 right now and I don't like it so much....all the pressure from studying and worry bout wat university I'm gonna go to. Then all the constant scolding from my parents...they yelled at me for like a week for dropping my phone into the water....geesshh.....Hope it'll be easier when I finish university and have a job.....

YouTube - Working Class Hero - John Lennon

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #140 of 163
Quote:

As said before on this thread. It does get better honest! You should be able to have some fun along the way though. The only peice of advice I dare to give you is, don't worry too much about what you imagine other people think about you. As I get older I realise most people don't give a rat's flash what you are wearing, how you look etc.
smile_phones.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #141 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by krismusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As said before on this thread. It does get better honest! You should be able to have some fun along the way though. The only peice of advice I dare to give you is, don't worry too much about what you imagine other people think about you. As I get older I realise most people don't give a rat's flash what you are wearing, how you look etc.
smile_phones.gif

I'm pretty much past the point of concerning what other people think about me. I just try to be myself, and be with a group of friends that get along well. And hopefully finish my IB with a 36 or better
biggrin.gif

Edit : And thanks Happy Camper for the awesome song, this is the first time I've heard it since old and classical isn't my thing, but it's very meaningful.

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #142 of 163
I accepted the fact that Time is limited. As cliche as it is, living off the smaller things in life makes your day that much better. I find doing a lot of volunteer work, reading, just having that structure in my day makes me feel like i've accomplished something. Always have a goal to reach, it keeps life interesting.

Feb 1, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #143 of 163
Quote:

I'm pretty much past the point of concerning what other people think about me. I just try to be myself, and be with a group of friends that get along well. And hopefully finish my IB with a 36 or better
biggrin.gif

Edit : And thanks Happy Camper for the awesome song, this is the first time I've heard it since old and classical isn't my thing, but it's very meaningful.

John Lennon Working Class Hero being described as old and classical makes me feel very old. Which in the context of this thread...
dt880smile.png

Feb 1, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #144 of 163
Older adds some distinguished traits to you.

- wiser in your society
- learned life's experiences
- identify the BS from reality
- surround yourself with a network of positive support
- understand dietary responsibility
- co-habitation skills
- become a better listener
- understand the difference between religion, spiritual and human character
- financially more conservative (protecting what you have)
- have a real good stereo rig(s)

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #145 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hopefully
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #146 of 163
Quote:

- wiser in your society
- co-habitation skills

beerchug.gif

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #147 of 163
Quote:

- wiser in your society
- co-habitation skills

Well done.

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #148 of 163
The best part about getting old is when your kids actually want your advice on raising their kids, handling their finances, etc. It's rather ironic thinking back to when they were teenagers and they were certain we didn't have a clue about anything.

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #149 of 163
I honestly can't tell anyone how I went from 40 to 50. I call them "The Lost Years". Working, raising children, so on.
It seems that as you get older, each years goes a little faster.

I am better off toys-wize than I was 20 years ago, but the body aches in the morning, and my sleep patterns have changed. I can't see that 50 to 70, will be as good as 30 to 50.

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #150 of 163
Of course to balance the good:

- You had wet dreams and dry farts, now......
- Takes all week to recover from the weekend
- Learning co-habitation skills don't mean you use them
- The odors you thought were someone else are coming from your dirty clothes
- You have more hair on your back than your head
- You take advantage of every bathroom
- You get your good ole days stories mixed up and the grandkids correct you
- You have to stop the car and remember where you're going
- No one cares what you think but you keep telling anybody who will listen
- You finally admit that there may be something more to life than self gratification

Users who are viewing this thread

Back