German MAESTRO - Impressions Thread
Apr 1, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #106 of 266
The Deal & Discussion thread had a pair of the GMP 250 100 Ohm for sale at $110 and I recalled hearing some decent/good reviews on it, however, now I can't find anything on it.  Perchance does anyone know of any reviews, or at least how they sound?  

Thank you.

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #107 of 266
  The Deal & Discussion thread had a pair of the GMP 250 100 Ohm for sale at $110 and I recalled hearing some decent/good reviews on it, however, now I can't find anything on it.  Perchance does anyone know of any reviews, or at least how they sound?

Thank you.

I have one. Replaced the ear pads with tape modded DT770 velour, and dampened the drivers with felt discs.
These GMP250 has beautiful, life like mids, deep bass and slightly rolled off highs. I use them especially for acoustic music like bluegrass because they handle acoustic instruments better than any of my other headphones, and the  bass slams as it's supposed to do.
At $110 it's a steal. But they need a powerful (tube) amp. And the stock pads are not the most comfortable.

Maybe you can find reviews if you look for he MB Quart QP250, which is the same headphone. German Maestro took over MB Quart.
See for example this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/143634/long-live-head-fi and http://www.head-fi.org/t/307915/whats-up-with-the-mb-quart-qp250

Apr 3, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #108 of 266
Very interested in these headphones and I will be getting a pair soon although I haven't decided which one yet ,it will be either be a GMP 400 or a GMP 8.35 although from what I've read they have different sound signitures so I may end up with both.
I now apologise but I'm going to go off topic for a minute
Tiemen ,I noticed you have the Zigis rock n glass hybrid amp in your signature,what do you think of it?

Apr 3, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #109 of 266
I now apologise but I'm going to go off topic for a minute
Tiemen ,I noticed you have the Zigis rock n glass hybrid amp in your signature,what do you think of it?

It's a powerful amp, great with my GMP 250 and ZMF. The sound is a little rough around the edges, but that's okay with these headphones. The amp makes them toe tapping with tight tuneful bass, full mids and sparkly highs.
Good looking amp too.

If you are looking for a warm, sweet sounding amp, the Zigis won't do. It's all about raw power. A bit too much with my other headphones.

Apr 3, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #111 of 266
Thanks for that ,sounds like it might be similar to my Vali only More powerful maybe?are there any threads on it here on Headfi ?

I have no idea, sorry.....

Apr 26, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #113 of 266
I just ordered the german maestro gmp 8.35 D ... I was looking for another monitor like phone since i am tired of my SRH-840s, they are heavy, bulky and now the headband is starting to crack after 2,5 years of use.. What to go with then? DT250 250? 7506.. The new M50x ( sold my m50s since i did not really enjoy them. ) DT 770 is to bassy from what i have heard... Totally did not have Maestros in my sight.. Until Amazon kindly reminded me. After many days of looking, reading and watching reviews of cans.. I pulled the trigger. I think i will be satisfied.

The headband looks like it wont break anyways.. ( lookin at you Shure! )

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #114 of 266
Congrats and welcome to the club!

There are only a few of us here but we are devoted!
:beerchug:

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #115 of 266
  I just ordered the german maestro gmp 8.35 D ... I was looking for another monitor like phone since i am tired of my SRH-840s, they are heavy, bulky and now the headband is starting to crack after 2,5 years of use.. What to go with then? DT250 250? 7506.. The new M50x ( sold my m50s since i did not really enjoy them. ) DT 770 is to bassy from what i have heard... Totally did not have Maestros in my sight.. Until Amazon kindly reminded me. After many days of looking, reading and watching reviews of cans.. I pulled the trigger. I think i will be satisfied.

Too bad you didn't notice my sale, you could have saved some bucks since mine is looking and working like new (soon after getting them I bought Spiral Ear SE5way, so they are waiting in their box for months).

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #116 of 266

Shure uses planned obsolescence as their main business strategy.

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #118 of 266
See, you should have ordered them directly from German Maestro... :wink:

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #119 of 266
Damnit! The retailer I bought them from still haven't sent them out! Angry email incoming! I want to join the club!

See, you should have ordered them directly from German Maestro...
wink.gif

Or maybe from me
biggrin.gif
I can even give you a small discount seriously. I have SE5way so they stay in their box all the time. I would be happy if they go to someone who will take a good care of them.

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #120 of 266
I actually got a reply today. They just forgot to send me the tracking number. They are on the way 
popcorn.gif

Or maybe from me
biggrin.gif
I can even give you a small discount seriously. I have SE5way so they stay in their box all the time. I would be happy if they go to someone who will take a good care of them.

Private shipping from another country would probably cost an arm and a leg if you want tracking and insurance. Which you want :) Thanks for the offer though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back