German hifi forum "regular's table" asylum-seekers thread
Sep 26, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #46 of 170
Jetzt muss ich auch noch zwei Foren parallel verfolgen um euren geballten Blödsinn mitzukriegen (bin Platoniker im hifi-forum), aber ist wohl ganz gut so, jetzt komme ich endlich an ein paar Post hier.

Sep 26, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #47 of 170
Was ist los?
Wartungsarbeiten drüben, oder was?

Ich wundere mich nur, daß das hier noch nicht geknickt worden ist.
Wayne ist da ja offensichtlich tolerant, aber ich kenne da jemanden, der das eher nicht dulden wird.

Nicos Eröffnungspost halte ich da für etwas ungeschickt.
Das hätte man auch als Thread verkaufen können, der den Anglos Gelegenheit gibt, ihre Deutschkenntnisse zu pflegen.
Das hätte so schnell keiner gemerkt .........
biggrin.gif

Gute Idee jedenfalls, denn hier können wir ja jetzt ungehindert die deutschen Mods beleidigen.Die head-fi-Etikette greift nicht,weil keiner der Mods hier die weniger gängigen deutschen Beleidigungen versteht, und die deutschen Mods sind machtlos.
Quote:

Gibts hier eigentlich noch mehr Hififo-Benutzer, die head-fi höchstens noch als markplatz nutzen?

Im Gegensatz zu sinus82 und Zuglufttier schätze ich head-fi übrigens sehr.
Unser Club zuhause ist ja in seiner Intimität ganz niedlich, aber auch im dort repräsentierten Erfahrungsschatz ziemlich beschränkt.
Vorteil ist natürlich, daß man die wenigen Leute da leicht einschätzen kann, aber wenn es um Vielfalt im Kopfhöreraudio geht fühle ich mich hier besser aufgehoben.
Und auch bei bestimmten Themen.
Eine Diskussion über high end -Themen ist bei uns zuhause praktisch gar nicht möglich, weil sofort irgendjemand zwanghaft meint, auch an der unpassendsten Stelle die Menschheit mit seinen Egal-Egal-Weisheiten penetrieren zu müssen, und die Mods unterstützen das bedingt durch die dort verbreitete Grundeinstellung eher als es zu unterbinden.

Beide Foren sind mir im Grunde in ihrer Verschiedenheit lieb.

Sep 26, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #48 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by wikipedia
Der Begriff Exil (lateinisch Exilium, zu ex(s)ul = in der Fremde weilend, verbannt) bezeichnet die Abwesenheit eines Menschen oder einer Volksgruppe aus der eigenen Heimat, die auf Grund von Ausweisung, Verbannung, Vertreibung, Ausbürgerung, Zwangsumsiedlung, Serverwartung, religiöser oder politischer Verfolgung durch den Staat sowie unerträglicher Verhältnisse im Heimatland mit anschließender Auswanderung hervorgerufen wurde. Das Exil ist daher meist mit Einschränkungen der freien Entfaltung des Individuums am ursprünglichen Aufenthaltsort verbunden.

Also gut, wir sind im Exil, ich hab' nachgeguckt.

Sep 26, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #49 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wayne ist da ja offensichtlich tolerant, aber ich kenne da jemanden, der das eher nicht dulden wird.

My guess is that someone will eventually close this thread, and rightfully so. As much as everyone is enjoying the interaction, it does raise some concerns.

While we don't have a specific rule saying that all threads must be in English, it's certainly an implied rule. For one, there is no effective way of moderating such threads, be they in German, French, Spanish, whatever. Thus, we are not in a position to understand the content or the context of what is being posted.

This thread is obviously intended to be light hearted and fun, but who knows what might be said (that we wouldn't understand) in any non-English threads that we allow.

Anyway, carry on for now...

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, DanG (one of the moderators here) is living and working in Baden, and is fluent in German. I'll see what he thinks about it. (If anyone said something they want to edit or delete, now would be the time!).

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #50 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While we don't have a specific rule saying that all threads must be in English, it's certainly an implied rule.

If language is the only thing that raises concerns, then we should simply switch to english.

Up to now, nobody has written anything that could raise concerns - garanteed
biggrin.gif

So how about learning english, everybody? I would agree with this if this is a possible means to avoid that mods close this thread.

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #51 of 170
Now that you have gathered here, may I ask what this song is about? English (and German!) teacher once played this but refused to translate any of it
frown.gif

Die Prinzen - 1000 Liebe Worte
--edit-- oh well! Not a pretty sight I guess.
smily_headphones1.gif

You do can check it out here but as they say, it may have some explicit lyrics. http://www.lyricstime.com/die-prinze...te-lyrics.html

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #52 of 170
Cosmo, du nutzt aber auch wirklich jede Gelegenheit und Ort um dich über die Egal-Egalis auszulassen. Ich glaube es weiss jetzt wirklich JEDER, wie du darüber denkst... irgendwann muss es doch auch mal gut sein, oder? Über euch Polster-, Plastik-, perforierte Abstandshalter- und Kalbel-Modder wird doch auch nicht unentwegt gelästert...

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #53 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by sai-bot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If language is the only thing that raises concerns, then we should simply switch to english.

Probably a good idea, although I'd miss the German myself! Of course, I don't understand much of it. Maybe just enough to have a vague idea of what is being discussed.

Quote:

Up to now, nobody has written anything that could raise concerns - garanteed
biggrin.gif

Oh, sure! We've never had any reason to distrust Germans!
wink.gif

Quote:

So how about learning english, everybody? I would agree with this if this is a possible means to avoid that mods close this thread.

I've just sent a PM to DanG to have him review the thread for content (which is, quite seriously, something that we need to do). But I think it would be no problem if everyone switched back to English, at least primarily.

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #54 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by progo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that you have gathered here, may I ask what this song is about? English (and German!) teacher once played this but refused to translate any of it
frown.gif

Actually, this is a perfect example of the concerns we would have with a thread like this, where the person making the post doesn't understand (or at least not fully) what the words themselves mean, let alone the context and any implied meanings. It puts us in a bad position, because it may very well be highly offensive or inflamatory.

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #56 of 170
Well, I for myself might give it a try!

@progo: It's a song about someone who's really mad because people are driving too slow. Explicite lyrics included, so I'm not going to translate
biggrin.gif

But you could try for yourself if you have at least a very little bit of knowledge of our language. It's rather easy to understand.

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #58 of 170
Speaking english should not be the problem anyway. Since I am going to go to the US next week, getting familiar with the language again might even be really helpfull.

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #60 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, this is a perfect example of the concerns we would have with a thread like this, where the person making the post doesn't understand (or at least not fully) what the words themselves mean, let alone the context and any implied meanings. It puts us in a bad position, because it may very well be highly offensive or inflamatory.

Well uhm then I'm sorry even though I had some suspicious thoughts about it! I shall edit it away so the thread has chances of surviving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back