German hifi forum "regular's table" asylum-seekers thread
Sep 27, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #166 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but there sure as hell are a lot of whiners... and I only read the first page...

IIRC, whining will stop somewhere round about page 2 or 3
wink.gif
Most of the guys that prefer the german forum have already cancelled their participation in this thread...

If there are some posts that violate the headfi-rules, could you please delete just them instead of closing this thread? Would be nice, because I kinda like this thread.

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #167 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lots and lots of audiophiles have given up and left the german Hifi-forum.de.
I have received tons of PMs from members who where tired to waste their leisure time with attacks from arseholes.
Currently the "everything sounds the same"-Mantra is common wisdom at the german forum, but the reason for this specific culture is not the final success of the "scientific truth" but more the phenomenon that everyone with a differing experience/opinion has to be quite robust or he/she is scared away.

That's the reason why I still like head-fi a lot despite of all the fanboyism and ridiculously gullible fools.
It's like vacation for me : a place where I don't have to argue and justify my experience all the time and with the appropriate filtering there's lots to learn.

+1

You hit the nail on the head, 2 times
biggrin.gif
Thats exactly how i feel about the hifi forum (and head-fi) too.

Sep 27, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #168 of 170
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And there's no bans coming out of this thread, but there sure as hell are a lot of whiners... and I only read the first page...
tongue.gif
Wenn ihr kein mehr Lust fuer Head-Fi habt, koennt ihr hier einfach nicht mehr rumfummeln! But it's up to you, of course.
wink.gif

Don't you know the Germans yet?
Always unhappy and complaining - that's a law of nature, mustn't be different.
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #170 of 170
Actually, since we've agreed to switch to English, it should be Ok to keep the thread open; a couple of people are still enjoying it.

When Dan responded to my PM, one of the things he mentioned was that we (as moderators) had taken the decision some years ago (apparently before I become a moderator) that all threads should be in English only.

Unfortunately, that "rule" is still an unofficial rule, but will be added to our Rules and Terms of Use page the next time we do an update, which should be quite soon.

At one point, apparently there were a couple of threads started by our Korean and Chinese members in their native languages. Like this thread, it was all in good fun, but of course it made effective moderation a truly impossible task.

Thus, the "rule" (with quotation marks for now) is that all threads should be in English as the primary language. In other words, it would be perfectly fine (for example) to start a thread in English to discuss the topic of how difficult the German language is to learn for a non-native person. In a thread such as that, of course there would be many references to the German language, along with appropriate English translations. My point simply being that Head-Fi has no intent to "ban" the discussion of languages other than English; it's just that the discussions themselves should be conducted in English, primarily.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://www.crossmyt.com/hc/linghebr/awfgrmlg.html Thanks for sharing that with me, nickchen. It's so funny, and so true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back