General headphone ignorance
Feb 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #31 of 130
generally if you don't bash on Bose to their face, and try to explain things in a logical manner, you can change some minds, most people believe Bose to the best "within their means", I've no doubt that the average Bose follower is aware of the equipment that costs more than their house and takes up rooms to install, but thats inaccessable to them

but if you can explain in a logical manner, that Bose is simply one of many in a sea of choices, and isn't usually a top pick contrasted to [insert whatever you like], that works out better

of course, in the OP's case, you're dealing with children (your sig says you're 15, I'm not digging on you, but most people you encounter are likely children, and will believe whatever TV, mommy, peer pressure, viral marketing, or whatever else tells them to believe (basically its the authority paradox, because something in a position of authority states something, it becomes canon, give them a few years to grow up and this will change, this is also why marketers LOVE targetting young ones))

Feb 12, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #32 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, majority of people really don't care whether it has good bass or clear highs as long as it pumps out sound one way or the other. To most people, at least people around me, don't consider music listening as their hobby so they don't put much significance in SQ or details. To them music is just something they listen to when they work or drive. There is no significance in it. Many times, I'd let my friends listen to my phones, and even though they acknowledge that it sounds better, they're not interested in forking $300 on a headphone because music isn't that much important to them.

yeah, I was mainly referring to the people who are willing to pay $300 for Bose headphones though.

Feb 12, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #33 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should have handed him your Grados, put on some music, then asked him what was wrong with them. No matter what he said, the truth would have registered on his face.

I think it's almost impossible to listen to open cans in a bar. It's too loud with music and all.

Feb 12, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #34 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjrabon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, I was mainly referring to the people who are willing to pay $300 for Bose headphones though.

In that case, it's a right thing to rescue them from the dark side.
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #35 of 130
I'm getting the feeling that if he was leaving, it was closing time for the bar, but I could be wrong (thats just how I understood it)

and, Grado's can play pretty loud, I wouldn't put it past them to drown out the noise of a bar, my SR-60's did fine blocking the noise of a train for me (not that I suggest anyone try this, and I only did it once, and yes its not good for your ears)

Feb 13, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #37 of 130
Bose threads are like a car wreck; there's usually an atrocity but you keep staring anyway.

I recently tried some Bose for the first time at the Apple store. It wasn't the sound signature that first struck me. It was the distortion. They had all of the ipod eq's set to bass boost. Travesty.

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #38 of 130
Next time say "Ok dude, whatever you say" and then he will feel like you know something he doesnt and pester you to know why you said that. Second thing you say is (No, your right dude, Bose are the best" as you roll your eyes. Thats all you need to do?

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #39 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple254 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So today I am sitting in science with my friend sitting next to me and he pretends to spray my iPod with water (with my earphones connected) so I then remove the earphones and leave my iPod where it was. He asks 'why did you unplug your earphones' so I proceed to tell him that my earphones are more valuable than my iPod and he says 'oh, so what make are they?' so I simply say 'Denon' and he goes 'but Denon aren't even a good make are they? why the ****** would you spend that much on earphones!?' I explained that there are many headphone brands that he had never heard of; listing Grado, Audio Technica, Ultimate Ears, AKG etc and he replies 'naaa mate its all about Bose.' As soon as he said this I got rather angry.

So this boy who is awfully wealthy and thinks he knows everything about anything claims Bose are the greatest headphones. Not to 'Bose bash' but he said 'I'm sorry but headphones don't get better than Bose over-ear-ones, what headphones are better than Bose?!!?' I proceeded to inform him that many headphones are far superior to Bose yet he would not give in as he a close minded, ignorant fool. Sorry about the rant, I have been waiting all day to post this
tongue.gif

It's called brain washing. This is why BOSE spends so much on marketing, it works! He thinks BOSE headphones are the best without even comparing them to others. These are BOSE customers, ignorant repeat the BOSE lines like a mindless drone. Why is BOSE the best? Because they're BOSE? Won't listen to logic, they just know BOSE is best. Personally, I hate the, no headphone should cost 300 line...Why not?

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #42 of 130
Lots of Bose threads lately. Wonder why.

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #44 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by ngsm13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I notice you're a teenager.

Pretty much explains this thread... you'll grow up one day... and not care about others ignorance anymore.

nG

Nearly every argument in this forum is due to people unable to make peace with differences in opinion, and the majority of people here are adults. :O)

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #45 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple254 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So today I am sitting in science with my friend sitting next to me and he pretends to spray my iPod with water (with my earphones connected) so I then remove the earphones and leave my iPod where it was. He asks 'why did you unplug your earphones' so I proceed to tell him that my earphones are more valuable than my iPod and he says 'oh, so what make are they?' so I simply say 'Denon' and he goes 'but Denon aren't even a good make are they? why the ****** would you spend that much on earphones!?' I explained that there are many headphone brands that he had never heard of; listing Grado, Audio Technica, Ultimate Ears, AKG etc and he replies 'naaa mate its all about Bose.' As soon as he said this I got rather angry.

So this boy who is awfully wealthy and thinks he knows everything about anything claims Bose are the greatest headphones. Not to 'Bose bash' but he said 'I'm sorry but headphones don't get better than Bose over-ear-ones, what headphones are better than Bose?!!?' I proceeded to inform him that many headphones are far superior to Bose yet he would not give in as he a close minded, ignorant fool. Sorry about the rant, I have been waiting all day to post this
tongue.gif

Honestly, the best way is for him to listen to your 'phones.
Try it next time. Bet some cash on it if ya smart
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back