General headphone ignorance
Feb 12, 2009 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 130

Apple254

100+ Head-Fier
So today I am sitting in science with my friend sitting next to me and he pretends to spray my iPod with water (with my earphones connected) so I then remove the earphones and leave my iPod where it was. He asks 'why did you unplug your earphones' so I proceed to tell him that my earphones are more valuable than my iPod and he says 'oh, so what make are they?' so I simply say 'Denon' and he goes 'but Denon aren't even a good make are they? why the ****** would you spend that much on earphones!?' I explained that there are many headphone brands that he had never heard of; listing Grado, Audio Technica, Ultimate Ears, AKG etc and he replies 'naaa mate its all about Bose.' As soon as he said this I got rather angry.

So this boy who is awfully wealthy and thinks he knows everything about anything claims Bose are the greatest headphones. Not to 'Bose bash' but he said 'I'm sorry but headphones don't get better than Bose over-ear-ones, what headphones are better than Bose?!!?' I proceeded to inform him that many headphones are far superior to Bose yet he would not give in as he a close minded, ignorant fool. Sorry about the rant, I have been waiting all day to post this
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 130
LOL, I bartend while I study for the bar exam (what lawyers have to pass to become lawyers in the US, after finishing law school) and a Bose dealer came in the other day. I was about to get off and pulled out my Grados and he said something to the effect of "when you're ready to upgrade those headphones, give me a call" and gave me his card. I really found it hard not to laugh.

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 130
Really, you learn to ignore such kinds of behaviour, or at least I did. Saves the trouble of explaining why you don't buy Bose and all to people. It's easier to just let people believe in what they do.

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjrabon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, I bartend while I study for the bar exam (what lawyers have to pass to become lawyers in the US, after finishing law school) and a Bose dealer came in the other day. I was about to get off and pulled out my Grados and he said something to the effect of "when you're ready to upgrade those headphones, give me a call" and gave me his card. I really found it hard not to laugh.

I would've said something to the extent of, "No thanks, I'd rather have headphones that are worth their price. If you're ready to upgrade YOUR headphones, give Grado a call."

I never thought that seeing people in school obsessing over Skullcandy and Bose would ever become something that made me mad (well, not COMPLETELY angry, just a sort of "What an idiot." angry). Especially when kids are talking about what kind of headphones they're going to replace their destroyed iBuds with, and everyone in the group screams, "Skullcandy!"

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 130
I have the same situation here...I have a coworker who bought a Bose for $200 and loves it. I mentioned Audio Technicas -Beyers and he had this puzzled face. I took the easy way out and didnt bother explaining....

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #8 of 130
Yer exactly, towards the end of mine and my friends 'debate' I just said to him 'Well Ollie you obviously haven't heard good headphones if you think Bose are good...' He the didn't reply
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #9 of 130
Many casual listeners/average people cannot appreciate, feel, hear or enjoy really good stuff. I consider myself really special to enjoy many things that many people just dream about. Good recorded music/audio is one of them and yes, the best electronics and materials make it sound much better.
Don't listen to those individuals, they corroupt your ears!

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #10 of 130
Ugh. I hate those people. I told my friend I got really expensive headphones so he's like "DAHHHHHHH.... R dey bOSE?!"

Retard... I wish these kids actually brought it home to see how it sounds on their Limewire'd crap @ 96kbps. Oh, and did you hear those new Skullcandies!? They're out of this world! They are sooooo fluffy!

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #11 of 130
Just admit that he's right and get it over with. Bose is the best!

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #12 of 130
Lol, if only, he would never let me forget it that I admitted he was right. I think the only thing that annoyed me about his argument was that he slagged of my Denon's and Denon's as a whole. NOBODY DISRESPECTS DENON. I could have killed him
wink.gif
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #14 of 130
I think murder is pushing it. (to Apple)

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #15 of 130
I buy Bose headphones and ipods in stead of toilet paper.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back