Geek Wold Discussion
Mar 17, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #1,381 of 1,620
My GK80 have finally arrived after almost 2 months. Can't listen to them for a couple of weeks until it is my birthday. Wasn't originally planned as a birthday present, but my wife doesn't like it when I say I don't want anything for my birthday and then receive a package in the post a couple of weeks before.

Mar 18, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #1,382 of 1,620
My GK80 have finally arrived after almost 2 months. Can't listen to them for a couple of weeks until it is my birthday. Wasn't originally planned as a birthday present, but my wife doesn't like it when I say I don't want anything for my birthday and then receive a package in the post a couple of weeks before.

Can relate to this. :weary:

Mar 18, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #1,383 of 1,620
^ I find that randomly ordering bottles of perfume online sent in the missus' name helps significantly with my IEM habit.

Still no GK80 for me, unfortunately. La Post is le clueless about where my package is. They didn't have a problem accepting payment for the duties online against the original tracking number, however. Argh

Mar 18, 2022 at 5:38 AM Post #1,384 of 1,620
They didn't have a problem accepting payment for the duties online against the original tracking number, however. Argh

Totally not surprised. Hope it gets sorted pronto.

I find that randomly ordering bottles of perfume online sent in the missus' name helps significantly with my IEM habit.

Good shout! I'll have to try this.

Mar 18, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #1,385 of 1,620
Finally got the 18 Ohm GK80. The idea on this one is to use it on your moble phones not to mention have a more stable SQ overall. I did pop it on my Samsung Galaxy to try it out and it sounds just like the prior 8ohm version so the tuning is consistent with less efficiency which is actually a good thing.

I would say future GK80 buyers should just go for the 18 Ohm version, with this version around there is really no need for the 8 Ohm version.

Mar 21, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #1,386 of 1,620
I brought the 8 ohm and the 18 Ohm version of the GK80 with me to work today to test out on my Galaxy phone.

Out of my Samsung Galaxy the 18 ohm version works much better. The 8 ohm version sounds a bit harsh a bit brighter as it has more treble emphasis. Vocals become sibilant. Apparently this was the reason why they include a micd version of the cable so you can use it for chats on a phone.

Mar 23, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #1,387 of 1,620
Finally got to the stage where the GK80s have burnt in nicely. I find the mid-range to be quite uplifting with a lovely clarity, and agree with Ian that the graph that was posted doesn't seem to do the mid-range tuning justice.

Bass comes in late during burn-in period, but when it does its deep and quite a presence. High end has plenty of air. I am finding that these do a wonderful job on complex music. They really assist in separating the layers of the music and making instruments and vocals quite distinct. This is especially the case where you have a busy mid-range - which is a hell of a lot of music. Like the GK10 they are very open sounding and deliver a sense of space. Where the recording is a good one you can feel like you are in the room.

In music where there is less of a mid-range presence - often the case with dub reggae - I find that I still prefer the GK 10 for the greater sense of depth and presence in the upper bass and lower mid-range area.

Mar 27, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #1,388 of 1,620
Finally got my hands on the GK80 (happy birthday to me!)
Out of the box these have good potential, hopefully things will tighten up with burn in.
They come with some nice wide bore tips that fit me a treat. I recall with the GK10 I had to do a fair bit of tip rolling to get the best fit, not the case this time.

Mar 29, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #1,389 of 1,620
Finally got my hands on the GK80 (happy birthday to me!)
Out of the box these have good potential, hopefully things will tighten up with burn in.
They come with some nice wide bore tips that fit me a treat. I recall with the GK10 I had to do a fair bit of tip rolling to get the best fit, not the case this time.
I liked the wide bore tips with these as well. For me it was at least 40 hours on them before they started to sound really sweet and the bass came in fully developed. The mid-range seems to settle down with a nice natural transparency fairly early though.

Mar 30, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #1,390 of 1,620
If anyone spots the wide bore tips sold separately on Ali then please share. I'll buy a plie of them to try on other iems.

Mar 30, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #1,392 of 1,620
Apr 2, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #1,393 of 1,620
IMG_20220402_115343_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg
20220402_120142.jpg

After long days of waiting, I took the Geek Wold GK80s - the 18 ohm version with a microphone.
The cable is different in general, but the quality is on the same level as that of the usual gk80, well, at least the connectors are without oxides ahaha.

By sound - 💩 (sorry, but there are no epithets here). Deaf, the sound is somehow clamped and distant, the tweeters whistle, the bass is cut to half the depth, there is no detail and it seems to play from the middle of the midbass.

It was as if they had trolled over me: / the sound is worse than that of the very first hybrid KZ ZST.

A plus can be added for the fact that the speaker does not click when inserted into the ear 😀👍

The manufacturing quality is the same, although it seems to me that it is even worse (some kind of bubble on the faceplate).

Don't recommend, don't waste your money on this junk, GK10 is n goals higher.

DO NOT RECOMMENDED TO BUY IT !

Apr 2, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #1,394 of 1,620
20220402_121644.jpg
20220402_121624.jpg

Ehmmm... Super. Good quality 👍 Doyou really want to but this trash ?

Apr 2, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #1,395 of 1,620

Ehmmm... Super. Good quality 👍 Doyou really want to but this trash ?
I don't know what to say other than I haven't experienced any of the issues you have. And I don't get paid money to review or promote Geek Wold in any way, but I do very much like the sound of both my 10 and 80. Could you explain what you are trying to measure? That wasn't clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back