Geek Wold Discussion
Apr 2, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #1,396 of 1,620
I don't know what to say other than I haven't experienced any of the issues you have. And I don't get paid money to review or promote Geek Wold in any way, but I do very much like the sound of both my 10 and 80. Could you explain what you are trying to measure? That wasn't clear.
I measure the resistance of the headphones, they have a difference, small, but still. They sound much worse than gk10, they are very bright, they are full of sibilants. They play for $5, no more.

Apr 2, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #1,397 of 1,620
I measure the resistance of the headphones, they have a difference, small, but still. They sound much worse than gk10, they are very bright, they are full of sibilants. They play for $5, no more.
I found it takes a long while - maybe 30-40 hours for the bass to come in. Multi-meters aren't very accurate for low resistance measurements. Also you are measuring across the channels in the IEM plus across each channel of the cable. You won't know if the variation is because of the IEMs or the cable or a bit of both.

Apr 2, 2022 at 4:07 AM Post #1,398 of 1,620
I found it takes a long while - maybe 30-40 hours for the bass to come in. Multi-meters aren't very accurate for low resistance measurements. Also you are measuring across the channels in the IEM plus across each channel of the cable. You won't know if the variation is because of the IEMs or the cable or a bit of both.
Also measured without cable - the same situation. ~1 Ohms difference. I have a good multimeter :)

Still do not recommend to buy a GK80 and GK80s, better to buy a GK10

Apr 7, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #1,399 of 1,620
I am already writing the 3rd day to Geek Wold. They sent me to the penon and then stopped responding. I was left with defective headphones and no money.

Saaadly :frowning2:.

Penon tode is shocked by what is happening and I think they will stop working with Geek Wold

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 12:34 AM Post #1,400 of 1,620
Small mod for GK80s what get sound better: just add 20 Ohm to BA and Piezo.

pros:
+ more neutral and not so bright;
+ better bass;
+ no sibilants

cons:
-need soldering

Jul 7, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #1,401 of 1,620
Any news?

still new gk100 does not realised

Jul 7, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #1,402 of 1,620
The hype train on Geek Wold completely ground to a halt very quickly!

Jul 7, 2022 at 4:36 AM Post #1,403 of 1,620
Perhaps they haven't sold enough of the GK80 yet to fund further development. Overall, I still found the GK10 more exciting. Even though the GK80 had good transparency across the mid-range, it just seemed lean in the lower mids to bass end. Maybe the GK80 tuning was an over-reaction on Geek Wold's part to control the mid-bass bloom that some disliked in the GK10.

Jul 15, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #1,404 of 1,620
I am finding the GK10 absolutely wonderful on my Hidizs AP80 Pro X via balanced. This really sounds good:

Oct 29, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #1,405 of 1,620
GK100 mentioned on Facebook.
GK100_a.jpg

Attachments

• GK100.jpg
    GK100.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 29, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #1,406 of 1,620
Planar? :D

Oct 29, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #1,407 of 1,620
Nice face plates and good to see change in shape from the hearts of prior models.
I thought that QC issues might have perhaps killed off Geek Wold, good to see that they are still going. Fingers crossed for this one.

My GK80 created a vacuum when I wore good fitting tips, so was unusable. Tried clearing vent near connection with a needle, but didn't cure it, so has been in a drawer hardly used. Never had this issue with GK10, which is same shell and using same tips.

Even if reviews are good, I won't be buying unless there is quite a bit of feedback without quality issues.

Oct 29, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #1,408 of 1,620
Nice face plates and good to see change in shape from the hearts of prior models.
I thought that QC issues might have perhaps killed off Geek Wold, good to see that they are still going. Fingers crossed for this one.

My GK80 created a vacuum when I wore good fitting tips, so was unusable. Tried clearing vent near connection with a needle, but didn't cure it, so has been in a drawer hardly used. Never had this issue with GK10, which is same shell and using same tips.

Even if reviews are good, I won't be buying unless there is quite a bit of feedback without quality issues.
GK80 doesn't have a front compensation hole(DD where there is no hole) :) here a "click".

Oct 29, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #1,410 of 1,620

What's wrong with the hearts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back