Geek Wold Discussion
Feb 15, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #1,351 of 1,620
IMG_20220215_201022_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg
PU DD + cheap BA(without information and numbers) and piezo. 2 questions: 1) where is "graphene" ??; 2) where is bellsing from gk10 ???
IMG_20220215_201557_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg

Real carbon in faceplate
That's a brutal autopsy, dude!

Feb 15, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #1,352 of 1,620
IMG_20220215_201022_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg
PU DD + cheap BA(without information and numbers) and piezo. 2 questions: 1) where is "graphene" ??; 2) where is bellsing from gk10 ???
IMG_20220215_201557_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg

Real carbon in faceplate
Uh-oh! That reminds me of Trinity Audio. What is inside is not what was described!

Feb 16, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #1,353 of 1,620
my set arrived yesterday, listening and burning in with the same hardware & software used with gk10.

as i expected, no quality issues at all, i can only imagine the amount of effort geek wold has put into that aspect after the problems they had with the gk10. i'm curious about the issue with @Mr.HiAudio unit, but for me everything is perfect.

soundstage width & depth and instrument separation have noticeably improved over gk10

mids and vocals are more forward and treble timbre and tonality are more natural on gk80

bass is there, but the wonderful fullness and thickness of the gk10's sound is not, obviously the dd and piezos need more time to settle but this is clearly the direction geek wold has choosen for the gk80, let's hear what the final overall equilibium will be, absolutely too early to say more.

as a very prelimiary observation i'm experiencing unexpected responses to v4a filtering, gk10 settings are completely wrong with gk80 and trying to improve bass frequency seems to lead to a less bassy sound... gotta check that out much better.

Feb 17, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #1,354 of 1,620
I am definitely more interested in the GK100 when they come out soon, which has all metal housing?! You're kidding me?...It's about time!

Several details I do worry about on the upcoming GK100:

1) QC issues with the housing.
2) Quality of detachable cable.
3) PRICE!

So, if all three above check, "clear"?...Then I'll be sold!

In the meantime, I am very satisfied with the GK12's audio sound compared to the GK10. The 12 driver configuration works wonders and really fills in all the areas the GK10 did good, but wasn't the best at, which was better sub-bass extension, less mid-bass, cleaner MID's, while treble extension takes it up a notch without sounding harsh or sibilant and is well worth the cost! And, even though the cables are not detachable they feel heavy-duty and no where shows signs of being cheap.

Below are some PIC's of the drivers inside the GK12 unit...
1643825320647 (2).jpg1643825320636 (2).jpg1643825320677.jpg

Now, if you notice the non-detachable cables from the GK12 and the detachable ones that came with the GK10, there's not much of a difference in looks and quality. For the cheaper price of the GK12, they were well-worth my pocket change!
1643825320690.jpg

PS. One more note, the GK12 gives me a better fit than the GK10, IMHO.

-Clear

Feb 17, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #1,355 of 1,620
I am definitely more interested in the GK100 when they come out soon, which has all metal housing?! You're kidding me?...It's about time!

Several details I do worry about on the upcoming GK100:

1) QC issues with the housing.
2) Quality of detachable cable.
3) PRICE!

So, if all three above check, "clear"?...Then I'll be sold!

In the meantime, I am very satisfied with the GK12's audio sound compared to the GK10. The 12 driver configuration works wonders and really fills in all the areas the GK10 did good, but wasn't the best at, which was better sub-bass extension, less mid-bass, cleaner MID's, while treble extension takes it up a notch without sounding harsh or sibilant and is well worth the cost! And, even though the cables are not detachable they feel heavy-duty and no where shows signs of being cheap.

Below are some PIC's of the drivers inside the GK12 unit...
1643825320647 (2).jpg1643825320636 (2).jpg1643825320677.jpg

Now, if you notice the non-detachable cables from the GK12 and the detachable ones that came with the GK10, there's not much of a difference in looks and quality. For the cheaper price of the GK12, they were well-worth my pocket change!
1643825320690.jpg

PS. One more note, the GK12 gives me a better fit than the GK10, IMHO.

-Clear
Join the (Geek) club ! - metal housing is the way forward.

Feb 17, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #1,357 of 1,620
still just hopeful
i get only 2 answrs from Geek Wold stuff, and still no get answrs about stop selling GK10 :frowning2:

Feb 17, 2022 at 3:22 AM Post #1,358 of 1,620
my set arrived yesterday, listening and burning in with the same hardware & software used with gk10.

as i expected, no quality issues at all, i can only imagine the amount of effort geek wold has put into that aspect after the problems they had with the gk10. i'm curious about the issue with @Mr.HiAudio unit, but for me everything is perfect.

soundstage width & depth and instrument separation have noticeably improved over gk10

mids and vocals are more forward and treble timbre and tonality are more natural on gk80

bass is there, but the wonderful fullness and thickness of the gk10's sound is not, obviously the dd and piezos need more time to settle but this is clearly the direction geek wold has choosen for the gk80, let's hear what the final overall equilibium will be, absolutely too early to say more.

as a very prelimiary observation i'm experiencing unexpected responses to v4a filtering, gk10 settings are completely wrong with gk80 and trying to improve bass frequency seems to lead to a less bassy sound... gotta check that out much better.
strange... GK10 in your case more basses(more deep) ? do you have a driver flex In GK80? Penon shoud send me a new "euro 28" of GK80 version after they get a pair from Geek Wold.

i dont know what version i have but a DD not a graphene. i think and BA cheaper too.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 5:30 AM Post #1,359 of 1,620
strange... GK10 in your case more basses(more deep) ? do you have a driver flex In GK80? Penon shoud send me a new "euro 28" of GK80 version after they get a pair from Geek Wold.

i dont know what version i have but a DD not a graphene. i think and BA cheaper too.
after another night of burn-in i am getting a very spacious yet mid-centric sound, bass is definetly coming but is still quite recessed, loose and uncontrolled, i am very confident that this will change for the better as burn-in proceeds.
even the response to v4a is getting better and better.

what i am liking most is the detail presentation due to the increased soundstage, better layering and decreased number of drivers. detail are made perfectly audible by 'simply' giving them the right placement and space. just love it... is this the high-end sound? how much better can it get on more expensive gear?

what is a driver flex?

Feb 17, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #1,360 of 1,620
what is a driver flex?
this is when you insert an earpiece into your ear and a click is made - this is a "driver flex" with sound like a "click" .

i dont think so that a burn-in will increase a bass :/

Feb 19, 2022 at 5:34 AM Post #1,363 of 1,620
My GK80 just arrived this morning after about a month in postal limbo. Included cable has got to be the worst cable I've ever seen included with an IEM. Thin, tangly and oxidising on the pins even before opening...

The IEM itself...I have to say it's worth the month-long wait. The graphs I've seen largely reflect what I'm hearing. The sub bass has taken a big lift that provides better note weight and instrument timbre and when combined with a small lift to the mids the overall presentation becomes alot more coherent and engaging. No shout in the mids, no sibilance in the treble. It's a very, very engaging signature that's not laid back. It sounds like a warm leaning V-shape, but V-shape done well. Technicalities are decent for the price with good stage depth and height but instrument separation and layering is average. I'm hoping as the drivers settle these subtle technical aspects might change for the better.

If you liked the GK10 but wanted more subbass for electronic/pop this does the job very well and is a solid all-rounder for other genres too. If I had to nitpick I wouldn't have lifted the sub bass to this degree and would have encouraged the mids further forward for vocal genres and instruments but this is all personal taste. Comfort is on point and the black faceplate makes it more inconspicious over the colours of the GK10. Run these at low gain and from low impedance sources, I've already heard drastic change between gain states and source impedances, things can become compressed and messy.

Overall, this is an easy recommendation for a non-fatiguing, exciting listen with good technicalities for the price (bring your own tips and cable!). I'm looking forward to the GK100 but at the same time I think I'm in love with the lightweight, comfortable shell of the GK80.

Currently using:
RU6
Symbio W tips

Edit: These don't sound as extreme V as the graphs suggest. Also, BA/piezo highs benefit from the OS mode on the RU6 and the smoother SS on the Shanling M8.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #1,364 of 1,620
Ok. Synergy with 4.4mm BAL low gain out of the Shanling M8 is insane. Stage is wider, imaging more localised and with a more diffuse, encompassing bass and smoother highs.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #1,365 of 1,620
Ok. Synergy with 4.4mm BAL low gain out of the Shanling M8 is insane. Stage is wider, imaging more localised and with a more diffuse, encompassing bass and smoother highs.
Are you using any particular tips? The highs are very pronounced and piercing with stock tips and a graphene cable for me. One of the few sets I need to EQ down treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back