Geek Wold Discussion
Sep 8, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #1,156 of 1,620
Interesting! I'm curious, did you do the "poke" mod to your GK10?
nope, i feel that my set is working exactly as intended by the geeks, so i guess that the vent hole is already free.
After the burning process, the sound has noticeably changed as reported by many users, bass has become tighter and treble has tamed down, i'm going to try again the stock silver cable that ootb made the sound too bright while the silver/copper one i'm using now make the sound a little too warm and lacking in treble to the point that i need v4a to restore a well balanced sound.

Sep 8, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #1,157 of 1,620
My replacement pair of GK10 arrived today. After just a few minutes I can say I have a good set. Early days but I am already impressed and it seems the excitement over this product is justified. The sound is totally different from the first one. More to come.

Sep 8, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #1,158 of 1,620
My replacement pair of GK10 arrived today. After just a few minutes I can say I have a good set. Early days but I am already impressed and it seems the excitement over this product is justified. The sound is totally different from the first one. More to come.

I am fortunate to have a lot of choice when it comes to IEMs but this week my close companion at work has been the GK10. They do something for me that none of my other sets do. Let your set bed-in for a few days, although I am glad you're already pleased!

Sep 8, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #1,159 of 1,620
I am fortunate to have a lot of choice when it comes to IEMs but this week my close companion at work has been the GK10. They do something for me that none of my other sets do. Let your set bed-in for a few days, although I am glad you're already pleased!
Yes, they are on burn-in now. The first impressions are an extremely clear and detailed treble and a wonderful soundstage. The bass is just a little woolly at the moment but I expect that to improve with burn in.

Sep 8, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #1,160 of 1,620
Really impressed by the GK10 on these tracks, treble extension and staging especially.

Sep 8, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #1,161 of 1,620
Thank you and @Dsnuts for the reviews and recommendations!

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #1,163 of 1,620
The separation and layering on these things is insane. Cue up this one and hear all the layers as they are added. Amazing production!

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #1,164 of 1,620
Yes, they are on burn-in now. The first impressions are an extremely clear and detailed treble and a wonderful soundstage. The bass is just a little woolly at the moment but I expect that to improve with burn in.
did you receive the wide bore silicone tips set? for me they're a very good set of tips.
the care for customers reviews about the old stock cable has been one of the key factor for me to jump on the train and now the new tips set...

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #1,165 of 1,620
did you receive the wide bore silicone tips set? for me they're a very good set of tips.
the care for customers reviews about the old stock cable has been one of the key factor for me to jump on the train and now the new tips set...
I received a full set of tips with the first GK10. I am finding the stock cable and tips very good but I may do some tip and cable rolling after burning in.

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #1,166 of 1,620
I received a full set of tips with the first GK10. I am finding the stock cable and tips very good but I may do some tip and cable rolling after burning in.
so you received only the gk10 and not the full package? it sounds logical... in my full package there was an additional set of tips with wider bore as many users said it was better.
extremely nice from geek people indeed.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #1,167 of 1,620
The separation and layering on these things is insane. Cue up this one and hear all the layers as they are added. Amazing production!

I am so glad you have a good copy. Those with a bad copy will have thought people like myself who find these fantastic, to be a little hard of hearing. Mine are exceptional, but Geek must learn that consistent QC will determine the final judgement.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #1,168 of 1,620
My set is definitely ok :)

20210908_113635.jpg

Sep 8, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #1,169 of 1,620
QC check is definitely still way off. I received a pair, it was defective. So I reached out to penon and got another pair, which took forever and that one was alright for a few days and then it too, went defective (massive channel imbalance, weird fuzzing sound). And it's not like I'm putting it through some kind of power amp. I get these problems plugged directly into my phone (Samsung S9+). In the end, they said I could get a refund if I ship it back to them for inspection/return. I'd rather destroy it again and get a refund. I think it's rather unacceptable for me to have to end up dollar negative for defective products. Borderline theft, if you ask me. Ah well, I think I've learned my lesson and will purchase exclusively from brands that have better QC and CS.

Sep 8, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #1,170 of 1,620
QC check is definitely still way off. I received a pair, it was defective. So I reached out to penon and got another pair, which took forever and that one was alright for a few days and then it too, went defective (massive channel imbalance, weird fuzzing sound). And it's not like I'm putting it through some kind of power amp. I get these problems plugged directly into my phone (Samsung S9+). In the end, they said I could get a refund if I ship it back to them for inspection/return. I'd rather destroy it again and get a refund. I think it's rather unacceptable for me to have to end up dollar negative for defective products. Borderline theft, if you ask me. Ah well, I think I've learned my lesson and will purchase exclusively from brands that have better QC and CS.
Similar experience here. First pair was defective and it took quite a while to get a replacement. So far, after a few days, the replacement set seems ok. I did get reimbursed for the return shipping, which was more than half the cost of headphones themselves. Seems like a tough way for Penon to make a buck. I must say, I'm not getting what many people are saying about these IEMs. With pretty heavy EQ they are ok, but without EQ they are way too hot for my taste. I think you pretty much get what you pay for with these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back