Geek Wold Discussion
May 1, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #1,561 of 1,620
But do you see yourself using them to listen music for hours? Or are they so resolving and unforgiving that they are more suited to analyze music rather than listening to music?
it depend the source, but with Hiby RS6 or Questyle M15 i can listen for hours, im not treble sensitive...what could fatigue me with them is pinna gain...so if i was listening like to non stop soprano for hour this might be too much.
i dont find them cold sounding even if analytical, the bass punch is dynamic and fun and very well define, so its an engaging listen...not a laid back, so...for ex, it can be difficult to read a complex philosopher book likeGilles Deleuze lol

May 1, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #1,562 of 1,620
it depend the source, but with Hiby RS6 or Questyle M15 i can listen for hours, im not treble sensitive...what could fatigue me with them is pinna gain...so if i was listening like to non stop soprano for hour this might be too much.
i dont find them cold sounding even if analytical, the bass punch is dynamic and fun and very well define, so its an engaging listen...not a laid back, so...for ex, it can be difficult to read a complex philosopher book likeGilles Deleuze lol
Thanks for your feedback, and amazing review BTW.
Can you please do a small comparison between the GK100 with the Timeless OG please?
With the stock cable and JVC spiral dots I found the Timeless to have some treble harshness but after I swapped the cable and the tips I can listen to it for hours.

May 1, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #1,563 of 1,620
Can you please do a small comparison between the GK100 with the Timeless OG please?
With the stock cable and JVC spiral dots I found the Timeless to have some treble harshness but after I swapped the cable and the tips I can listen to it for hours.
tx...i dont have those timeless....but i have plenty of planar, none can fully compete in term of technical performance, its not as edgy in definition of each instrument, nor as define in bass and snappy in treble....closest one is Tinhifi P1plus
i just have Dioko when it come to 7HZ...which is a bad joke compared to GK100...well, apart soundstage which is wider taller...its less well balanced though

May 2, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #1,564 of 1,620
According to my ears JVC spiral dots put forward treble.

May 2, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #1,566 of 1,620
I agree! They are old news. The newer models of tips (clarion, UC, TRN T, etc) are so much better.
Well new KZ HBB PR2 is on its way to me so could compare gk100 to this planar when it arrives. Like yestarday was listening to it till battery died in my xduoo dap so thats 9-10 hours constant of Tranceye 150bpm sets Like this one hardest fastest bass drop in Power Trance history. On this set i managed to ripp tendons in both feet while running like madman down the hill. 150bpm gets legs moving check it out. Still noone else can spin Vocal trance at this bpm sounding this good. The bass drivers in gk100 play this soooo freaking good !!!

May 2, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #1,568 of 1,620
I'm most concerned with macrodynamics when it comes to any IEM irrespective of price. My next purchase is between aful performer 5 and gk100. On the scale of 1-10 how is the imaging and macro-detail on both?

The GK100 beats the Aful Performer 5 easily in micro-detailing and imaging. It is not a close fight.

May 2, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #1,569 of 1,620
The GK100 beats the Aful Performer 5 easily in micro-detailing and imaging. It is not a close fight.
Ok, thanks. How is the treble? The level of treble I can tolerate is that on s12 which can also be peaky on certain tracks too. I have particularly Lz A6, SonicMemory sm2 and ikko OH10 which on certain tracks is too much for me especially lz A6 has a borderline (grainy) treble . To me s12 is certainly better though with little or non existent detail retrieval. I think they all have certain peaks I can't tolerate. Is gk100 also in that category?

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #1,570 of 1,620
Ok, thanks. How is the treble? The level of treble I can tolerate is that on s12 which can also be peaky on certain tracks too. I have particularly Lz A6, SonicMemory sm2 and ikko OH10 which on certain tracks is too much for me especially lz A6 has a borderline (grainy) treble . To me s12 is certainly better though with little or non existent detail retrieval. I think they all have certain peaks I can't tolerate. Is gk100 also in that category?

The GK100 doesn't have a spike at a particular one frequency. Instead it has a general boosted 2 - 5 khz band, and thereafter a very extended upper treble.

Frequency response graph of the GK100 via an IEC711-compliant coupler. The 8 kHz peak is a coupler artifact.
Geek_Wold_GK_100_Graph-1100x544.jpg

I find the GK100 to be not harsh unless you are sensitive to pinna gain (upper mids), and the treble boost is over a general area, so maybe over a longer listening session, then the treble might be fatiguing, as opposed to a one annoying treble spike that gets you when you first use it.

May 4, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #1,571 of 1,620
The GK100 doesn't have a spike at a particular one frequency. Instead it has a general boosted 2 - 5 khz band, and thereafter a very extended upper treble.

Frequency response graph of the GK100 via an IEC711-compliant coupler. The 8 kHz peak is a coupler artifact.
Geek_Wold_GK_100_Graph-1100x544.jpg

I find the GK100 to be not harsh unless you are sensitive to pinna gain (upper mids), and the treble boost is over a general area, so maybe over a longer listening session, then the treble might be fatiguing, as opposed to a one annoying treble spike that gets you when you first use it.
Noted, thanks for the response.

May 4, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #1,573 of 1,620
Hi, how will you all rate / compare GK100 to Audiosense DT600 in terms of tonality and technicality? Or even to AQ7 (which is in my consideration list). Thanks

I haven't tried the DT600 nor the AQ7 Pro version (I used to own the original AQ7 but sold it off).

The GK100 beats the original AQ7 in technicalities (imaging, instrument separation, micro-details, clarity, soundstage). The AQ7 has a bit of a weird tonality, it has a big sub-bass, then a neutralish midrange, then the treble drops off. So in that regard, the GK100 has better treble extension and fits more into a neutral bright tonality. Timbre is also better on the GK100, the AQ7 has quite artificial BA timbre.

AQ7 was also a bit uncomfortable for me. I sold it off a few weeks after purchasing it as it was overpriced and had so many faults IMO. Would rate the AQ7 to be 2/5, so it is not a high bar to beat haha. But yeah, the GK100 is definitely more technical and refined than the AQ7. I haven't tried the Pro version of the AQ7 but hope they have fixed some of the glaring issues here.

May 4, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #1,574 of 1,620
I haven't tried the DT600 nor the AQ7 Pro version (I used to own the original AQ7 but sold it off).

The GK100 beats the original AQ7 in technicalities (imaging, instrument separation, micro-details, clarity, soundstage). The AQ7 has a bit of a weird tonality, it has a big sub-bass, then a neutralish midrange, then the treble drops off. So in that regard, the GK100 has better treble extension and fits more into a neutral bright tonality. Timbre is also better on the GK100, the AQ7 has quite artificial BA timbre.

AQ7 was also a bit uncomfortable for me. I sold it off a few weeks after purchasing it as it was overpriced and had so many faults IMO. Would rate the AQ7 to be 2/5, so it is not a high bar to beat haha. But yeah, the GK100 is definitely more technical and refined than the AQ7. I haven't tried the Pro version of the AQ7 but hope they have fixed some of the glaring issues here.
Thanks for the reply, will most likely get this during june (hopefully they will have sale during those time), or maybe should wait and see how GK200 gonna perform :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

May 4, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #1,575 of 1,620
How is gk100 compared to this god tier treble set called Lz A6? Lz A6 is an old set but it has the most extended treble I've ever had in any set till date though sometimes the treble might too much on some tracks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230426_132800_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230426_132800_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back