Geek Wold Discussion
Apr 29, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #1,546 of 1,620
EA500 is harmon tuned well balanced has excellent note weight to technical ratio a neutral tonal character and ultiamtely sounds more natural. Greater bass impact for bass, more substantial note weight for vocals and instruments. treble that don't poke your ears. Less stage vs the GK100 but makes up for it with a proper note weight.

GK100 is more detailed has a much leaner thinner sound overall has a wider stage but less depth than the EA500. Greater transparency for all things music. Highly technical, much sharper imaging and sound separation. brighter tonality, less substantial note weight. Bass is defined and tight but lacks impact/ meat. Mids have all sorts of detail but lacks note weight and fullness, treble has a lot of zip and zing due to the piezos. Not exactly natural sounding but does a great job injecting air to the overall sound. GK100 is more upper mid and treble focused sound. The EA500 is much better balanced overall certainly not as resolving but its the one you can listen to for half a day without thinking about it.

I forgot to add the EA500 actually comes with a 2nd set of filters that actually gets them closer to what the GK100 is doing. This nozzle filter brings much more upper mids and treble into the tuning. Makes them sound more technical but the sound ends up being brighter and less balanced as the stock red filter nozzle which is the harmon tuned nozzle.
Thanks.
And GK100 vs eagle MEAOES ?

Apr 30, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #1,547 of 1,620
wth....the GK100 sound phenomenal with Questyle M15....best pairing yet...mids arent thin anymore wtfwtf!
20230417_203008.jpg

a W shape vivid and analytical tonality that wake you up, while not basshead (or treble sensitive), bass hit fast and hard enough with impressive bass line and kick drum layering....we can say its ''bright bass'' response, fast and tight...im impress by whole technical performance of these...and think its perhaps among best one for technical sound value benefit...its just crazy.
source pairing is super important too, kinda capricious about this...and i get back my M15 after my review is near complete...those are master of attack speed and control.
by the way....GK200 is about to be launch. anybody give them a try? i think it was available at Canjam...price is 350$...so it would surprise me a bit if they are as mind blowing in sound value. its 6BA+2DD+2ptz....i will try to get the graph and see if the bass is just a notch more boosted. finger crossing!

Apr 30, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #1,548 of 1,620
wth....the GK100 sound phenomenal with Questyle M15....best pairing yet...mids arent thin anymore wtfwtf!
20230417_203008.jpg
a W shape vivid and analytical tonality that wake you up, while not basshead (or treble sensitive), bass hit fast and hard enough with impressive bass line and kick drum layering....we can say its ''bright bass'' response, fast and tight...im impress by whole technical performance of these...and think its perhaps among best one for technical sound value benefit...its just crazy.
source pairing is super important too, kinda capricious about this...and i get back my M15 after my review is near complete...those are master of attack speed and control.
by the way....GK200 is about to be launch. anybody give them a try? i think it was available at Canjam...price is 350$...so it would surprise me a bit if they are as mind blowing in sound value. its 6BA+2DD+2ptz....i will try to get the graph and see if the bass is just a notch more boosted. finger crossing!
OMG please compare GK100 to the planar IEMs S-6 and Talos, especially how detailed and resolving they are and which of them are more analytical / clinical.

Apr 30, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #1,549 of 1,620
OMG please compare GK100 to the planar IEMs S-6 and Talos, especially how detailed and resolving they are and which of them are more analytical / clinical.

I own Akoustyx S6 and it is great!.
My GK100 is at nearly 100h burn in ...
I will try and give a comparative listen, with the help of an audiophile (meaning: better expert and reliable than me) friend.

Attachments

• 20230429_100707.jpg
    20230429_100707.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Apr 30, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #1,550 of 1,620
those 3 are quite different. GK100 is most detailled and technical beast. While SA6 is bassiest-punchiest, brighter V shape, and Talos is the most boring neutral harmanish one.
SA6 and Talos are nothing to write about tbh....and BA mode is very bad. Technical performance of GK100 beat those quite easily. and yes its the most analytical. treble extend more since those 2 seem to drop rather fast post 10khz....

I did compare those 2 already, and might add the great Raptgo Hook X HBB, to some extend, its a logical upgrade to GK100 if you seek more bass, fuller more naturla mids and similar piezo treble but not as analytical way...as well as more open spatiality...

VS MAEAOS EAGLE (2DD+2BA-150$)

Simply put, the Eagle is like supreme downgrade version of the GK100, its a bright wonky W shape that put all details in your face, but in a unbalanced and uneven way.
Bass is less punchy, have inferior separation between sub and mid bass, less texture too, sub bass bleed way more on mid bass and lower mids and is less fast in attack. Mids are horrifious with the Eagle, they are more shouty, thin and fatiguing, timbre is off and tone too, and it feel more recessed, its all about upper mids here but shouty way. Treble is dryer, less extended more shouty and less generous in micro details as well as more fuzzy in definition edge, GK100 treble is cleaner, more extended, snappy and sparkly and more resolved in a effortless way.
Soundstage is wider, taller and deeper with the GK100 and feel compressed with the Eagle. Imaging is notably superior too, without a mid range scoop and it's crisper, more accurate in positioning.

All in all, their zero doubt that for 50$ more the GK100 feel like a TOTL IEM compared to the technicaly and tonaly inferior Eagle.

VS KINERA GOLDEN 2.0

The Golden is more neutral and mid centric, smoother and warmer too. The bass is less boosted, warmer in punch, less well define and notably more rolled off in sub bass. Mids are more fowards, lusher, smoother and fuller with a more natural timbre and wider less compressed presence. Vocal are way better with the Golden. GK100 mids is brighter and more detailed and transparent, have superior imaging but more agressive upper mids, dryer thinner timbre and more distant presence. The treble is way more vivid, snappy and detailed with the GK100, it make the Golden feel not very extended, lacking brilliance and airy openess, level of micro details is higher with Gk100 too, but overall dynamic is louder and can induce more fatigue than more buttery highs of the Golden.
Soundstage is notably wider with the Golden, but less tall and deep. Imaging is sharper and more accurate and crisp with the GK100.

All in all, GK100 is superior technicaly but not as cohesive and musical in balance than the Kinera which have fuller and more natural and fowards mids but darker and less detailed treble and bass.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #1,551 of 1,620
those 3 are quite different. GK100 is most detailled and technical beast. While SA6 is bassiest-punchiest, brighter V shape, and Talos is the most boring neutral harmanish one.
SA6 and Talos are nothing to write about tbh....and BA mode is very bad. Technical performance of GK100 beat those quite easily. and yes its the most analytical. treble extend more since those 2 seem to drop rather fast post 10khz....

I did compare those 2 already, and might add the great Raptgo Hook X HBB, to some extend, its a logical upgrade to GK100 if you seek more bass, fuller more naturla mids and similar piezo treble but not as analytical way...as well as more open spatiality...

Simply put, the Eagle is like supreme downgrade version of the GK100, its a bright wonky W shape that put all details in your face, but in a unbalanced and uneven way.
Bass is less punchy, have inferior separation between sub and mid bass, less texture too, sub bass bleed way more on mid bass and lower mids and is less fast in attack. Mids are horrifious with the Eagle, they are more shouty, thin and fatiguing, timbre is off and tone too, and it feel more recessed, its all about upper mids here but shouty way. Treble is dryer, less extended more shouty and less generous in micro details as well as more fuzzy in definition edge, GK100 treble is cleaner, more extended, snappy and sparkly and more resolved in a effortless way.
Soundstage is wider, taller and deeper with the GK100 and feel compressed with the Eagle. Imaging is notably superior too, without a mid range scoop and it's crisper, more accurate in positioning.

All in all, their zero doubt that for 50$ more the GK100 feel like a TOTL IEM compared to the technicaly and tonaly inferior Eagle.

VS KINERA GOLDEN 2.0

The Golden is more neutral and mid centric, smoother and warmer too. The bass is less boosted, warmer in punch, less well define and notably more rolled off in sub bass. Mids are more fowards, lusher, smoother and fuller with a more natural timbre and wider less compressed presence. Vocal are way better with the Golden. GK100 mids is brighter and more detailed and transparent, have superior imaging but more agressive upper mids, dryer thinner timbre and more distant presence. The treble is way more vivid, snappy and detailed with the GK100, it make the Golden feel not very extended, lacking brilliance and airy openess, level of micro details is higher with Gk100 too, but overall dynamic is louder and can induce more fatigue than more buttery highs of the Golden.
Soundstage is notably wider with the Golden, but less tall and deep. Imaging is sharper and more accurate and crisp with the GK100.

All in all, GK100 is superior technicaly but not as cohesive and musical in balance than the Kinera which have fuller and more natural and fowards mids but darker and less detailed treble and bass.
Thank you very much for the comparison, do you think planar Talos has any advantages like speed or more precise note representation, I'm trying to decide between GK100 and Talos and looks like GK100 fits me better but I want to be sure I'm getting the best IEMs around $200?

Apr 30, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #1,553 of 1,620

VS KINERA GOLDEN 2.0

Is this a treble sensitive opinion? Not how the Meaoes Eagle sounds to my ears.

Apr 30, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #1,554 of 1,620
Thank you very much for the comparison, do you think planar Talos has any advantages like speed or more precise note representation, I'm trying to decide between GK100 and Talos and looks like GK100 fits me better but I want to be sure I'm getting the best IEMs around $200?
Talos is more blurry in note presentation, the advantage will be mids smoothness and fullness in planar mode, timbre is a hint more natural too....but details retreival is way inferior and attack speed too, Talos use same planar as tangzu Wu, Shuoer S12, Tinhifi Panda etc...the plus would be 2 soundsignature possibility but BA mode is bad in fact so its a con.
once reviewed, ive never touch Talos again.
GK100 will wow you more, oh, and the included cable is incredible too, its a modular Hakugei....very good quality. Talos is a single ended 3.5 OK cable.
GK100 is can be too revealing for bad recording and pick up background hiss for ex....but its rare that it happen....main risk is the pinna gain if your treble sensitive...its above 10db, but not in a shouty way...
tbh, im blown away by the technicalities of those...its stupid good for the price...kinda remind me UM Mext in term of number of details...effortless way....but its brighter and more fatiguing...
what is your audio source by the way?

Apr 30, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #1,555 of 1,620
Is this a treble sensitive opinion? Not how the Meaoes Eagle sounds to my ears.
its my subjective ears yes....and perhaps its QC issue...but tbh, i dont care...those are so bad its like a boxy fest...first time i got these they were even worst, then I receive new tuning mesh and it doesnt save them, just tame sibilance a bit. Im not really treble sensitive, but treble imbalance sensitive yes, timbre ackwardness too....
for these. a graph worth 1000 words.
20230214160426.png

Apr 30, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #1,556 of 1,620
its my subjective ears yes....and perhaps its QC issue...but tbh, i dont care...those are so bad its like a boxy fest...first time i got these they were even worst, then I receive new tuning mesh and it doesnt save them, just tame sibilance a bit. Im not really treble sensitive, but treble imbalance sensitive yes, timbre ackwardness too....
for these. a graph worth 1000 words.
20230214160426.png
So you don't hear a wide-open spacious sound with instruments accurately places across the sound stage? My opinion is that the GK10 was wonderful and that the Meaoes Eagle was an upgrade in similar sound to GK10 - more spacious and open with good instrument placement. But it was not the upgrade that I hoped for the price difference between the GK and the Eagle. I think that shows what a bargain the GK10 was (if you got a good one). Also in the graph shown here, I wonder if that is with the white filters and not the black filters. I have seen a graph where frequency response declines to lower points between 5 and 10 kHz.

It seems likely that the GK100 is the upgrade to the GK10 that we were hoping for, but alas there is a very large price difference for that. But no boxy sound and or excessive sibiliance with the Meaoes Eagle from my perspective. But I am not very treble sensitive. Still I did find the TRI Starshine to have a hotter treble than the Eagle. So it may be I have sensitivity at different points. But with both these IEMs I have noticed that treble became much more controlled with adequate burn-in time.

Apr 30, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #1,557 of 1,620
Talos is more blurry in note presentation, the advantage will be mids smoothness and fullness in planar mode, timbre is a hint more natural too....but details retreival is way inferior and attack speed too, Talos use same planar as tangzu Wu, Shuoer S12, Tinhifi Panda etc...the plus would be 2 soundsignature possibility but BA mode is bad in fact so its a con.
once reviewed, ive never touch Talos again.
GK100 will wow you more, oh, and the included cable is incredible too, its a modular Hakugei....very good quality. Talos is a single ended 3.5 OK cable.
GK100 is can be too revealing for bad recording and pick up background hiss for ex....but its rare that it happen....main risk is the pinna gain if your treble sensitive...its above 10db, but not in a shouty way...
tbh, im blown away by the technicalities of those...its stupid good for the price...kinda remind me UM Mext in term of number of details...effortless way....but its brighter and more fatiguing...
what is your audio source by the way?
Many thanks for your detailed observation, I greatly appreciate your help, and I didn't know Talos using the same planar driver with many other IEMs, quite interesting they all sound different.

Based on your remarks, GK100 is decently closer to what I'm looking for, I do enjoy more air and extra treble, so a bright sounding tuning would fit my taste I suppose, getting the tiniest sound details like in real life is what I desire from IEMs ultimately.

Moondrop Moonriver 2 connected to the laptop is my audio source, for the reference here are the measurements:

https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/moondrop-moonriver2/

You have an astonishing experience with so many IEMs, I read your reviews here on head-fi, would you recommend GK100 as the best resolving IEMs around $200, or do you have some other IEMs in your mind that you would call the best of the best?

May 1, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #1,559 of 1,620
Friend was visiting for rave so gave her 8 earphones to check out from my collection. She liked GK100 most I was sure Shed like my i3 pro more cause basshead but there is something about gk100 delivery that makes it very "clear" listening experience.
bro...i have like 300 IEMs....and i do think those are the most resolved of them all....even above UM Mest...which is crazy...UM Mest have warm bass, while GK100 is more textured and sharply define...imaging is so freakin insane
i just compare them to Kinera Hodur, treble is cleaner and more vivid as well as delivering better detailing...bass is less boomy and bleedy too...
imo, GK100 is ultimate wetdream for Treble Head.

May 1, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #1,560 of 1,620
bro...i have like 300 IEMs....and i do think those are the most resolved of them all....even above UM Mest...which is crazy...UM Mest have warm bass, while GK100 is more textured and sharply define...imaging is so freakin insane
i just compare them to Kinera Hodur, treble is cleaner and more vivid as well as delivering better detailing...bass is less boomy and bleedy too...
imo, GK100 is ultimate wetdream for Treble Head.
But do you see yourself using them to listen music for hours? Or are they so resolving and unforgiving that they are more suited to analyze music rather than listening to music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back