Geek Wold Discussion
Apr 22, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #1,531 of 1,630
Untold now I had 8 cables and I listen to every single change in frequency and wide stage. I don't have a pure copper one though and as I imagine that highs on geek 100 could be a little too much maybe a pure copper could low them.
As far as I know thickness of cable affects the sound quality, since thin cable has higher impedance and thick cable has lower impedance (conducts more electricity) providing more juice from source to headphones.

Apr 22, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #1,532 of 1,630
Untold now I had 8 cables and I listen to every single change in frequency and wide stage. I don't have a pure copper one though and as I imagine that highs on geek 100 could be a little too much maybe a pure copper could low them.
Comments throughout the forums suggest that any new release that departs from Harmon-style tuning will impact adversely on treble sensitive listeners, some of whom are quite vocal about how much they dislike the "hot" treble. A copper cable should assist in a more balanced listening experience, compared to silver-plated copper. Silver-plated copper is more likely to enhance the treble end. Copper shouldn't enhance or dampen any of the frequencies.

It seems that treble sensitive folk are now flocking to copper-zinc alloy cables - otherwise known as brass. A couple of these have been getting good reviews. Brass wire has less than 40% the conductivity of copper wire, so it seems a crazy idea to use it, but reports are that it dampens the treble very well, and they are cheap (as they should be).

Apr 23, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #1,533 of 1,630
Comments throughout the forums suggest that any new release that departs from Harmon-style tuning will impact adversely on treble sensitive listeners, some of whom are quite vocal about how much they dislike the "hot" treble. A copper cable should assist in a more balanced listening experience, compared to silver-plated copper. Silver-plated copper is more likely to enhance the treble end. Copper shouldn't enhance or dampen any of the frequencies.

It seems that treble sensitive folk are now flocking to copper-zinc alloy cables - otherwise known as brass. A couple of these have been getting good reviews. Brass wire has less than 40% the conductivity of copper wire, so it seems a crazy idea to use it, but reports are that it dampens the treble very well, and they are cheap (as they should be).
Well Im using my IEM's With 25Ohm adapter so can run my tuWell Im using my IEM's With 25Ohm adapter so can run my tubed up amp at 50% and change loudness with my PC since got ROG motherboard with very good on board audio. Maybe that's reason I'w got so fantastic listening expirience on gk100 and i3 pro as it affects hybrids more than dingle driver tuning. Can recommend 25 ohm adapters combined with higher output source.

Apr 23, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #1,534 of 1,630
Last edited:
Apr 27, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #1,535 of 1,630
Energetic, bright and airy is the first impression GK100 gives me just out of the box. Some technical tunes (complex, not easy to render for some iems double the price, as Pat Martino 'On The Stairs' from Consciousness, 1974, Alice Clark 'Never Did I Stop Loving You', 1972, Andrew Cyrille 'Soul Brother' from My Friend Louis, 1991) are detailed and effortlessly well reproduced without sound congestion. The bass is definitely there, more defined and textured that prone to thump (no bleeds). Mids and highs are better evident with some metallic timbre and harshness in the latter (not fatiguing my ears, actually). I like the cymbals and snare drum fast and matheric sounds. I am using a Lotoo LP6k and a Lynsoul 'Nymph' 5N OCC single crystal copper, silver-graphene coated cable.
I'll put these to play ('burn') a whole week to see whats going to sound better.
First impression GK100 sounds worth the buy.

Attachments

• 20230427_155803.jpg
    20230427_155803.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 27, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #1,537 of 1,630
Are these cousins ?
(Eagle Meaoes Vs Geekworld GK100)

Attachments

• MEAOES-eagle-IEM-700x700.jpg
    MEAOES-eagle-IEM-700x700.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 0
  • GeekWold-GK-100-700x700.jpg
    GeekWold-GK-100-700x700.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 0
Apr 27, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #1,538 of 1,630
Energetic, bright and airy is the first impression GK100 gives me just out of the box. Some technical tunes (complex, not easy to render for some iems double the price, as Pat Martino 'On The Stairs' from Consciousness, 1974, Alice Clark 'Never Did I Stop Loving You', 1972, Andrew Cyrille 'Soul Brother' from My Friend Louis, 1991) are detailed and effortlessly well reproduced. The bass is definitely there, more defined and textured that prone to thump (no bleed). Mids and highs are better evident. I like the cymbals and snare drum fast and matheric sounds. I am using a Lotoo LP6k and a Lynsoul 'Nymph' 5N OCC single crystal copper, silver-graphene coated cable.
I'll put these to play ('burn') a whole week to see whata going to sound better.
First impression GK100 sounds worth the buy.
Being so detailed and precise, how GK100 is compared to planar IEMs, for example to Dunu Talos in terms of resolving abilities, finest detail retrieval, faithfulness to the original recording, etc, which one is more analytical and clinical?

Apr 27, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #1,540 of 1,630
Any comparison between GK100 and SIMGOT EA500 ?

Apr 27, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #1,541 of 1,630
EA500 is harmon tuned well balanced has excellent note weight to technical ratio a neutral tonal character and ultiamtely sounds more natural. Greater bass impact for bass, more substantial note weight for vocals and instruments. treble that don't poke your ears. Less stage vs the GK100 but makes up for it with a proper note weight.

GK100 is more detailed has a much leaner thinner sound overall has a wider stage but less depth than the EA500. Greater transparency for all things music. Highly technical, much sharper imaging and sound separation. brighter tonality, less substantial note weight. Bass is defined and tight but lacks impact/ meat. Mids have all sorts of detail but lacks note weight and fullness, treble has a lot of zip and zing due to the piezos. Not exactly natural sounding but does a great job injecting air to the overall sound. GK100 is more upper mid and treble focused sound. The EA500 is much better balanced overall certainly not as resolving but its the one you can listen to for half a day without thinking about it.

I forgot to add the EA500 actually comes with a 2nd set of filters that actually gets them closer to what the GK100 is doing. This nozzle filter brings much more upper mids and treble into the tuning. Makes them sound more technical but the sound ends up being brighter and less balanced as the stock red filter nozzle which is the harmon tuned nozzle.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #1,542 of 1,630
Being so detailed and precise, how GK100 is compared to planar IEMs, for example to Dunu Talos in terms of resolving abilities, finest detail retrieval, faithfulness to the original recording, etc, which one is more analytical and clinical?

My first planar, Akoustyx S6 is coming tomorrow. We will see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back