Geek Wold Discussion
Aug 9, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #796 of 1,620
What is the CP 360? Copper ?, SPC? and what is the brand?

Aug 9, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #797 of 1,620
Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #799 of 1,620
One should judge basis what they hear and not basis some celebrity's impressions. He too is human and can have different views. Best way is to make a sound judgement by reading as many impressions and reviews one can, if they're unable to demo a set locally.

Glad that you are enjoying your set!
Great point mate! Very logical and scientific, that’s how we progress and evolve. Not to simply rely on a localized set point, have multiple inputs to set course.

Aug 9, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #800 of 1,620
Whats the specs of 360 that make it lower the bass? Asking because I don't want to buy them but I have loads of tips
There you go✌️ It helps with fit and ease long term listening exhaustion too
8E8488AA-4945-44B4-9D9B-A76423B0AF63.jpeg
68F2CC4E-B669-4CEA-B957-B48F2F4A2FCC.jpeg

Aug 9, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #801 of 1,620
Great point mate! Very logical and scientific, that’s how we progress and evolve. Not to simply rely on a localized set point, have multiple inputs to set course.
Thanks mate. The reason why we have forums like this to collaborate with each other who have different perspectives and have better experience with our purchases. Not everyone can afford a blind buy.

Aug 9, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #802 of 1,620
But his favorite IEMs all have elevated subbass to midbass, which usually isn't a problem if done competently (unlike here)
Crinacle’s taste is Asian Profile: mid-bass is a detemining factor besides 3khz pinna gain.

Here is my coverage of Asian Profile vs Western Profile (note: it’s not related to human race, but more of cultural preference, I’m Asian but I do prefer western profile over Asian Profile for many genres)

0: eastern vs western
Post in thread 'ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrids: Clairvoyance & Monarch; Excalibur & Oracle'
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/thi...monarch-excalibur-oracle.936212/post-16315031

1: brief summary
Post in thread 'Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread'
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/moondrop-in-ear-monitors-impressions-thread.894139/post-16438618

2: coverage
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/moondrop-in-ear-monitors-impressions-thread.894139/post-16439362

3: more variations of profiles:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/moondrop-in-ear-monitors-impressions-thread.894139/post-16451234

Aug 9, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #803 of 1,620

Attachments

• IMG_20210809_171138.jpg
    IMG_20210809_171138.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Aug 9, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #804 of 1,620
I think it's also because of how these are songs are mixed. Both have very sharp vocals and instrumentation. Both are good songs but I think there's some inherent sharpness to these songs especially with gear where treble has a bit of air and sparkle.
I think it is as you say, definitely sounds smoother on other iems and headphones. One more thing, on those songs it wasnt too offputting but on a song called 'Rabba main toh mar gaya oye' by Pritam, the man's voice sounds pretty grainy and at the 60 second mark, everything sounds pretty scratchy in the gk10 and is not so noticeable on other iems, almost invisible on my thieaudio legacy 3s, would that be a product of the iems' trebly nature combined with mixing? If anyone doesnt mind, let me know if you hear that in that spot too. Not many issues on other songs in my playlist, except some songs where the vocals seem slightly much on the low end and lowering 400hz area slightly helps a little bit for those songs (I'd rather not eq this set though, as I got the gk10 as a 'no fuss' set to just plug into wherever)

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #805 of 1,620
I think it is as you say, definitely sounds smoother on other iems and headphones. One more thing, on those songs it wasnt too offputting but on a song called 'Rabba main toh mar gaya oye' by Pritam, the man's voice sounds pretty grainy and at the 60 second mark, everything sounds pretty scratchy in the gk10 and is not so noticeable on other iems, almost invisible on my thieaudio legacy 3s, would that be a product of the iems' trebly nature combined with mixing? If you don't mind, let me know if you hear that too. Not many issues on other songs in my playlist, except some songs where the vocals seem slightly much on the low end and lowering 400hz area slightly helps a little bit for those songs (I'd rather not eq this set though, as I got the gk10 as a 'no fuss' set to just plug into wherever)
Using SpinFit CP360 could solve that 400hz lowering issue. I also felt mid-bass was a bit too forward for some tracks.

Aug 9, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #806 of 1,620
Aug 9, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #807 of 1,620
I think it is as you say, definitely sounds smoother on other iems and headphones. One more thing, on those songs it wasnt too offputting but on a song called 'Rabba main toh mar gaya oye' by Pritam, the man's voice sounds pretty grainy and at the 60 second mark, everything sounds pretty scratchy in the gk10 and is not so noticeable on other iems, almost invisible on my thieaudio legacy 3s, would that be a product of the iems' trebly nature combined with mixing? If anyone doesnt mind, let me know if you hear that in that spot too. Not many issues on other songs in my playlist, except some songs where the vocals seem slightly much on the low end and lowering 400hz area slightly helps a little bit for those songs (I'd rather not eq this set though, as I got the gk10 as a 'no fuss' set to just plug into wherever)
The thing is most of the Bollywood music is made for folks who are going to listen on bass heavy treble dead earphones that cost less than $3. So the mixing basically compensates for that where they induce artificial details and clarity by playing with treble. For bass, yes, there's an obvious bias in the mix because for some reason Indians love bass. With a 10mm driver they expect bass of a tower speaker. Bass that rattles their teeth and can be felt in their hearts, so songs are very much produced by keeping that in mind.

The Mausam song you mentioned is purposely mixed that way because it is set in the lo-fi era of 90s where most songs will have grainy vocals and pointy treble if you listen on resolving gear. It's not gears' fault but at times that's how they create songs. Even technically competent Rahman's 90s songs will sound sibilant and grainy on modern gear. So, I don't think your earphones are at fault here, in this rare scenario, its the songs unfortunately.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #810 of 1,620
Absolutely. He has his preferences and others have theirs. And, his contribution to the community is very important. It's not his fault that folks take his word like gospel. He's just sharing his opinions which is very much in his rights.
I gotta say, I don't think he got a good fit. He complains about the cable pulling them out of his ears; all you have to do is turn it around the other way, so it's looping behind the wide end instead of over the bud itself.
  • Very bloated bass response, needs less mid-bass and bleed for my own personal enjoyment.
    • Bass extension is not great either. Doesn’t resolve the lowest octaves well, if at all

To say there is mid-bass but no sub is just....wrong. OutKast's "The Way You Move," or just a sine sweep, shows the lows are there. Could be a QC problem too, like the extra glue someone here reported. Seems like he came at it with a chip on his shoulder because it wasn't his special find.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back