Geek Wold Discussion
Aug 10, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #826 of 1,620
I thought the CP360 would increase the bass,
being a smaller bore?
I'm ordering the Azla Crystal,
anyone have both to compare?

I only got crystal (yesterday) but its an overall improvement to the xelastic and doesnt go all sticky

Aug 10, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #827 of 1,620
Strange the price in Ali from the official store are just increased +20%, if not a bug, that's not a good marketing move...

EDIT: my bad, Ali just decided to show the price +VAT, opposite to now.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #828 of 1,620
Strange the price in Ali from the official store are just increased +20%, if not a bug, that's not a good marketing move...

EDIT: my bad, Ali just decided to show the price +VAT, opposite to now.

Yeah, that just freaked me out aswell. Seems like they are updating. Prefer it this way tho. At least I know how much I'm paying right on the spot :)

Aug 10, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #829 of 1,620
GK10 has arrived. Looks very interesting, fit and comfort are better than I thought, but isolation is just mediocre.

OOTB, GK10 sounds smooth. Most noticeable is the detailed treble, but it stays smooth and kinda thick. All other piezoelectric IEMs I have express very clear defined notes with a hint of a peak here and there. Will compare them more carefully in the coming days.

20210810_190815_HDR~2.jpg

Aug 10, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #830 of 1,620
So now I need to order CP360, huh? Just spent loads of money on tips :laughing: I own the other SF, but not that one. What about regular azlas, etc?
Haha yea that’s exactly what happened to me when someone else recommended CP360 on the Monarch thread..I had all SF other than that, but that was the solution for my case. The Regular AZLA doesn’t work too, well it does contain bass, but the transient response take hit as a cost.

Aug 10, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #831 of 1,620
Can someone show an image of the blue and green in normal light, I cannot understand how dark or visible is the colour pattern on normal sunlight? Also if someone has an image in the ears as the design is very strange I cannot also figure out how they look fitting?

Aug 10, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #832 of 1,620
So I finally received these today. First impressions were that they are surprisingly comfy!

Then holy hell that bass bloat. I'd say crinacle's graph is spot on. But I want to preface this by saying there's nothing wrong with or enjoying the bass bloat. It is still technically a very good set. Consider it "coloring" your music differently.

But anyway, I went to AutoEQ to EQ it to my preferred target which is mostly harman 2019v2 but with a slight bump at 120 hz to get a bit more "oomph" from kick drums since I listen mostly to metal these days.

Here is the AutoEQ graph. Black is before EQ and the blue is the target as well as after EQ up until about 8 khz:

new_gk10.png

With EQ the technicalities become more apparent and that is to say these IEMs punch wayyy above only $50. I certainly prefer them to the B2 Dusk, especially for metal music where the Dusk lacks quite a bit in terms of technicalities.

Edit: also, I bumped up my third filter from -8 db to -4. So I also like some bass bloat with this IEM.

Attachments

• new_gk10 GraphicEQ.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
  • new_gk10 ParametricEQ.txt
    517 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #834 of 1,620
@chen siyuan any possibility of offering an alternate version with a different bass tuning?
Ideally tips should be able to manage if its bothersome. But I guess, the reason for heavy bass is the intended speaker-esque tuning. The response issue is placement of vent that's playing tricks with bass perception.

Aug 10, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #836 of 1,620
All sets have the bass bloat. It takes seconds to fix in an EQ.
Maybe someone doesn't want to make adjustments, ok... but if someone has any knowledge of audio at all, they should realize this easy fix and note it. It improves the experience substantially and just about anyone can do it.
If someone doesn't want to be bothered, their loss. Like I've said before, this is better than the Aria if you A/B them with similar adjustments.

Aug 10, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #837 of 1,620
All sets have the bass bloat. It takes seconds to fix in an EQ.
Maybe someone doesn't want to make adjustments, ok... but if someone has any knowledge of audio at all, they should realize this easy fix and note it. It improves the experience substantially and just about anyone can do it.
If someone doesn't want to be bothered, their loss. Like I've said before, this is better than the Aria if you A/B them with similar adjustments.
From what I´ve been reading so far bass bloat is not the norm, although more opinions in that direction seem to be surfacing, perhaps those experiencing it could come back after a couple of days burn in time and confirm it is still present.

Aug 10, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #838 of 1,620
From what I´ve been reading so far bass bloat is not the norm, although more opinions in that direction seem to be surfacing, perhaps those experiencing it could come back after a couple of days burn in time and confirm it is still present.
My pair don't have any bass bloat whatsoever. It could be a blocked vent or the vent blocked by the ear anatomy, or even unit variation that causes bloat. Many of us have the sound that @Dsnuts first heard and recommended, and have that exceptional sound.

Aug 10, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #839 of 1,620
My pair don't have any bass bloat whatsoever. It could be a blocked vent or the vent blocked by the ear anatomy, or even unit variation that causes bloat. Many of us have the sound that @Dsnuts first heard and recommended, and have that exceptional sound.
Indeed that is what I´ve been reading, I find it strange bhazard affirmed what he did.

Aug 10, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #840 of 1,620
I don't want to start a debate or argument about this but so far every single measured GK10 has bass bloat. People's ears are subjective. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the preference of or inability to distinguish between bloated bass. And you should probably hope for that before you EQ. But like @bhazard said it's a very simple EQ fix if it bothers you and there is nothing wrong with the technicalities so I don't see why you wouldn't do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back