Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 1, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #13,353 of 13,800
Found this also in Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC24-Oyaid...able-for-LH-Labs-LPS4-Liner-PSU-/223092712940

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #13,355 of 13,800
Feb 1, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #13,356 of 13,800
Ghent makes extremely high quality cables for relatively low cost.
This is undoubtedly a great solution if in fact the LH Labs generic cable is actually expensive in any way, which it very well could be given their cash-poor situation. Plus Ghent will actually ship you what you pay for.

We already boxed up @Gubretti's replacement cable and sent him the tracking number with 2 Day delivery at no cost.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #13,357 of 13,800
Yeah I did the many pages of reading and failed promises and buggy firmware, but I also saw that people that actually had the units enjoyed them. I won't know until I can find a replacement cord tho lol.

Didn't Revelation Audio Labs make upgrade power cords and umbilical cords for a group buy?
If so, you might be able to get them to make you one.
RAL is a bit expensive but I have bought cables from them in the past and was happy with the quality and performance.

Feb 4, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #13,358 of 13,800
Hi,
My Pulse X Infinity is V1.5 and running on V1.5 firmware. Beside, It run on:
Main 2.0
MCU 1.27
USB 1.0.
It used to work but now, I cannot make it work with the USB input. Toslink still work though. I have tried all method and driver version. Do i need to upgrade the firmware for the unit ? If i need, can i have the download link ?
2q2ps1s.jpg

Feb 4, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #13,359 of 13,800
If you have an Android smartphone w/ otg I'll try this first.

1. Download HibyMusic or UAPP trial
2. Connect unit to smartphone via otg
3. Use app and play some music to test.

Done this sometimes to confirm my connection. Sometimes it was my PC as the culprit.

Feb 4, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #13,360 of 13,800
So I read that there is a power up "pop" that has a chance to damage headphones or anything connected via the RCA out. Is that just a disclaimer they put, or is this a real issue that I need to work around. I usually do keep my headphones plugged into my amp, and I will have the RCA out connected to a pair of powered monitors. I didn't see anyone that actually mentioned they personally had issues within this thread, but just wanting to double check.

Feb 4, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #13,361 of 13,800
So I got my Geek Pulse (vanilla) + LPS up and running today. Thank you to Jarek for providing the missing link for me (Umbilical power cord for the LPS -> Pulse) at no charge! After spending about an hour trying to set it up, I understand peoples issues regarding buggy software. The LH Labs website is outdated and the driver I needed was a bit buried within their site.

My Suggestions: I know LH Labs is way behind on their product deliveries and a lot of people are pissed, but I see that their are 2nd hand Pulses out there (That's where I got mine) and I see some being sold on Amazon. LH Labs should update/clean up the website to display 3.26 driver as the main driver as most people these days are using Windows 10 vs XP/Vista. Keep the 2.29 under a legacy post or something, it'll save time/energy for other people out there, especially people that aren't as tech savvy to keep checking device manager to uninstall/reinstall drivers to ensure they are working properly.

My Expectations: I took a gamble on buying this unit, and I read hundreds of pages of this thread **** on LH so I quite expected the Pulse to be dog S#@!, but I also saw a few people who already had their gear and were pretty happy with it.

My Experience: I already put that the drivers to get it working with Windows 10 was a pain, but once I had found that I needed to use 3.26, everything worked without issue. Just in case someone else is looking ( http://lhlabs.com/downloads/Drivers/LightHarmonic_DriverSetup_v3.26.0.exe ). Comparing the Pulse setup to my El Dac + La Figaro 336 out of a pair of Amirons, I was quite surprised at how good the Pulse sounds. Obviously I lose some of the lushness and warmth from the tubes, but the sound isn't as cold and analytical as I would of thought. There is plenty of juice in the amp to power the Amirons, and I have the gain set to MEDIUM. I need to spend more time with the Pulse but right now I'm definitely feeling that this unit is going to be a keeper and I'm going to sell off the other setup.

I just wanted to end this with a shout out to Jarek aka Stuck Limo. I know a lot of people got burned from LH Labs, but at least one person there is trying to help out. If you guys need some help, be sure to reach out to him! Obviously he is just an employee and can't promise you your gear or anything, but at least there is someone there to get you answers.

Feb 4, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #13,363 of 13,800
It didn't recognize it for me. When I plug it in it just says USB device had an error installing driver. So I tried to manually install the native USB audio driver, and it wouldn't install.

Under device manager it would sometimes show an error on a USB device and sometimes it would show up as an error for "LH Labs DFU". I had to install the 3.26 driver to get it to work. Did yours work plug and play(natively)? If so, do you have a Geek Pulse vanilla too?

Feb 5, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #13,365 of 13,800
It didn't recognize it for me. When I plug it in it just says USB device had an error installing driver. So I tried to manually install the native USB audio driver, and it wouldn't install.

Under device manager it would sometimes show an error on a USB device and sometimes it would show up as an error for "LH Labs DFU". I had to install the 3.26 driver to get it to work. Did yours work plug and play(natively)? If so, do you have a Geek Pulse vanilla too?
I got the same result here. I cant use the windows 10 native driver.
Now i can't even play test sound on USB. Only the Toslink is working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back