Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 5, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #13,367 of 13,800
Any 12v 2A wall wart will do.

Socket A plug w/ black jacket on clean power (try a powerbank, if non any other usb port of your PC). The other to source (PC). Socket B (printer plug) to Pulse.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #13,369 of 13,800
Didn't Revelation Audio Labs make upgrade power cords and umbilical cords for a group buy?
If so, you might be able to get them to make you one.
RAL is a bit expensive but I have bought cables from them in the past and was happy with the quality and performance.

I wasted money on that. Doubt I’ll ever see my LPS. Just another LHL thing that collects dust

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #13,370 of 13,800
There is no news about the Pulse at this time, so there is no harm in posting about the Source here, which everyone was doing anyway, because no one ever started a Source thread.

No, and we aren't selling it on the site either.

I personally wouldn't advise holding off on your audio journey for LH/L gear to materialize. If you need something NOW, there's lots of excellent DACs on the market which perform and sound amazing and are at decent prices.
Well, I want to hear news about Pulse, Stuck Limo.
The fact that this is turning into a Source thread indicates Light Harmonic has no intention of honouring remaining Pulse orders that go back 5 years. It has decided to forget it all and let go of remaining customers.
I am one of those customers, and I am infuriated. Light Harmonic willingly took my money and has failed to deliver.
I, along with others, have repeatedly asked for updates, but all you can do is offer empty token promises.
No-one believes you anymore.
Give me back my money Light Harmonic.

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #13,371 of 13,800
Well, I want to hear news about Pulse, Stuck Limo.
The fact that this is turning into a Source thread indicates Light Harmonic has no intention of honouring remaining Pulse orders that go back 5 years. It has decided to forget it all and let go of remaining customers.

Tentative schedule or plan is:

1. Finish Vi DAC campaign next
2. Finish Pulse campaign after (includes Pulse and LPS units)
3. Do Wave campaign after Vi and Pulse

I REPEAT: this is TENTATIVE. The Vi DAC and Pulse may (or may not) run concurrently alongside each other. I am still talking with the office over the best option here and how to handle this. Unfortunately, the Pulse records are jacked up, so we may need another survey to actually get everyone we need to get and make sure all is correct on our end. Regardless of how you feel about another survey or the LH Labs incompetence or whatever, that's probably the best option at this point to see what the next step regarding Pulse would be.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #13,372 of 13,800
Hi,
My Pulse X Infinity is V1.5 and running on V1.5 firmware. Beside, It run on:
Main 2.0
MCU 1.27
USB 1.0.
It used to work but now, I cannot make it work with the USB input. Toslink still work though. I have tried all method and driver version. Do i need to upgrade the firmware for the unit ? If i need, can i have the download link ?
2q2ps1s.jpg
Stuck Limo, can you help on this ?

Feb 7, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #13,373 of 13,800
Hi,
My Pulse X Infinity is V1.5 and running on V1.5 firmware. Beside, It run on:
Main 2.0
MCU 1.27
USB 1.0.
It used to work but now, I cannot make it work with the USB input. Toslink still work though. I have tried all method and driver version. Do i need to upgrade the firmware for the unit ? If i need, can i have the download link ?
2q2ps1s.jpg

If I find something out from the office, I'll let you know.

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #13,374 of 13,800
Tentative schedule or plan is:

1. Finish Vi DAC campaign next
2. Finish Pulse campaign after (includes Pulse and LPS units)
3. Do Wave campaign after Vi and Pulse

I REPEAT: this is TENTATIVE. The Vi DAC and Pulse may (or may not) run concurrently alongside each other. I am still talking with the office over the best option here and how to handle this. Unfortunately, the Pulse records are jacked up, so we may need another survey to actually get everyone we need to get and make sure all is correct on our end. Regardless of how you feel about another survey or the LH Labs incompetence or whatever, that's probably the best option at this point to see what the next step regarding Pulse would be.

Hmm.. where are the Source SEs on your list?
Are they now skipped after @Shawnb 's early impressions?

Not to forget the "normal" Sources and the rest (amp, headamp... anything else I forgot?).

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #13,376 of 13,800
Unfortunately, the Pulse records are jacked up, so we may need another survey
Is LH Labs complete and utterly stupid? How can you not have records at this point? It's insert into PeopleWeTookAdvantageOf(ID,email,amount,productWillWillNeverDeliver) values (...). Larry is a big shot at electronics but can't do a simple database a toddler could.

Build the god damn things first then have your survey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 8, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #13,377 of 13,800
Build the god damn things first then have your survey.

We have a very good estimate of what we need to build, based on the existing records. We're trying to narrow it down so we know more in an exact fashion how many to tell the factory to build. Unfortunately, I don't control the funds, or your suggestion would be taken into heavy consideration and maybe even put into practice.

Larry is a big shot at electronics but can't do a simple database a toddler could.

There were others who worked there who were in charge of the database. It wasn't Larry sitting around working the databases and customer service angles.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #13,378 of 13,800
We have a very good estimate of what we need to build, based on the existing records. We're trying to narrow it down so we know more in an exact fashion how many to tell the factory to build. Unfortunately, I don't control the funds, or your suggestion would be taken into heavy consideration and maybe even put into practice.

There were others who worked there who were in charge of the database. It wasn't Larry sitting around working the databases and customer service angles.

But Larry is accountable for it since he is the CEO...hence I don't understand he is put again in the "innocent role".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back