Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 9, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #13,382 of 13,800
Oops!!I meant to type, how do I connect the Pulse using a split config cable (without the lps)?
Sorry and thanks!!
Option 1: connect the music(data) end to your pc, and connect the power end to your pc also for handshake. Once the pulse has been detected, you can simply unplug the power end.
Option 2: Same as option 1 but leave the power end connected to pc, or connect it to the 5V output of the UPS

Feb 9, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #13,383 of 13,800
So stuck limo, if a new survey is needed as you say for Pulse orders, how do we actually do this?
Will you conduct this survey, or are you wanting us to contact you individually? Please advise.
Thanks at least for what looks from your words to be a commitment by Light Harmonic to deliver on these orders.

Feb 9, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #13,384 of 13,800
So stuck limo, if a new survey is needed as you say for Pulse orders, how do we actually do this?
Will you conduct this survey, or are you wanting us to contact you individually? Please advise.
Thanks at least for what looks from your words to be a commitment by Light Harmonic to deliver on these orders.

Unsure at this point. We have over 300 boards in stock and all or most of the parts to build them [like screws, nuts, bolts, etc.] (besides the chassis). There are less than 250 Pulses left to deliver [according to my records]. Give or take an undetermined number of Pulses not in the records, which is where the survey would come in.

From what I've heard, all the bugs have been ironed out and all the future Pulses should work fine now.

Trust me, I want this campaign finished and delivered just as much as Larry has indicated to me he does. I've been grinding for it for a long time and now it appears it's possible. So when I have more information over it, I'll announce it and we'll discuss internally what to do regarding the survey or how to handle it vs what we show in our records. Based on LH Labs history though, I wouldn't hold your breath for any sort of announcement fast though. I'll continue to discuss with the office on Monday/Tuesday and see what is happening and what we can do to get it actually initiated.

Again, I apologize for the lack of updates on the Pulse. I know people have been waiting and upset with the delay and hopefully the result will make people satisfied.

Feb 10, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #13,386 of 13,800
This probably is the longest crowd-funding campaign in history. I wonder when the amps will be delivered, I am guessing by 2022 or 2025. I am surprised they are not declaring bankruptcy yet. Rooting for you LH Labs :ksc75smile: I think LH crowdfunding campaign would make a great "case" study on how not to run a campaign and a business.

Feb 10, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #13,387 of 13,800
Unsure at this point. We have over 300 boards in stock and all or most of the parts to build them [like screws, nuts, bolts, etc.] (besides the chassis). There are less than 250 Pulses left to deliver [according to my records]. Give or take an undetermined number of Pulses not in the records, which is where the survey would come in.

Hmm... but if LHL hasn't reached those "undetermined" backers in the earlier survey waves what makes you think you will be successful the next time?

Feb 12, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #13,388 of 13,800
I have been informed the Pulse boards AND the chassis units are in stock. The next step will be to purchase the minor parts we're missing, such as bolts/screws/screens.

I will announce more when I have information.

Feb 12, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #13,389 of 13,800
I have been informed the Pulse boards AND the chassis units are in stock. The next step will be to purchase the minor parts we're missing, such as bolts/screws/screens.
Tentative schedule or plan is:

1. Finish Vi DAC campaign next
2. Finish Pulse campaign after (includes Pulse and LPS units)
3. Do Wave campaign after Vi and Pulse

So which is it, "Finish" the Vi DAC campaign (actually start it would be a more appropriate description), or has the Pulse suddenly now jumped to the very front of the line with a miraculous discovery of boards and chassis in stock, just need the fasteners and a few other minor items and those long suffering Pulse backers will be all set then?

Or haven't we heard versions of both of those stories previously? Yes, we have.

I'll take a stab at the next chapter of the story:

Oops, we didn't realize the long lead times on some of the parts needed to finish the Pulses, so I have no further information there at this time however we are going to refocus on finishing the software for Wave/Source and we've hired a new team there.

Plus, Larry will be visiting the Vi DAC chassis manufacturer soon to see what can be done to increase the production speed there to 10-15 units per month, no... make that 20-25 units per month once we're fully up to speed.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #13,390 of 13,800

I will announce more when I have information.
Pictures please, if they have 2018/2019 on the boards I'll believe you.

Feb 13, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #13,391 of 13,800

From what I've heard, all the bugs have been ironed out and all the future Pulses should work fine now.

Trust me, I want this campaign finished and delivered just as much as Larry has indicated to me he does. I've been grinding for it for a long time and now it appears it's possible. So when I have more information over it, I'll announce it and we'll discuss internally what to do regarding the survey or how to handle it vs what we show in our records. Based on LH Labs history though, I wouldn't hold your breath for any sort of announcement fast though. I'll continue to discuss with the office on Monday/Tuesday and see what is happening and what we can do to get it actually initiated.

Again, I apologize for the lack of updates on the Pulse. I know people have been waiting and upset with the delay and hopefully the result will make people satisfied.

Can you fix the old Pulse ? XFi is super ex and this kind of bug is unacceptable.

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #13,392 of 13,800
EDIT: As promised, here are photos of the existing Pulse components LH Labs has: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ty2_dSupN2uLcLO3wCcIS7VH-28ugann

The chassis parts are in pieces: L = Left side, R = Right side, T = Top side, B = Bottom side as listed on the boxes.

I will post pictures tonight of the materials we have in stock for Pulse. We have:

1. The PCB (naked boards)
2. The chassis (unassembled)

We need: some various components (screens, nuts, bolts, the top acrylic part, shipping boxes, etc.) and the PCBs to become PCBAs. I will post when they're ordered.

https://www.sbcinc.com/blog/pcb-vs-pcba-what-s-the-difference

PCB vs. PCBA: What’s the Difference?

A PCB (Printed Circuit Board) is a board that electrically connects electronic components using conductive traces, pads, and other features etched from copper foil laminated onto a non-conductive substrate. PCB’s can be single sided (one copper layer), double sided (two copper layers), or multi-layer (outer and inner layers). Conductors on different layers are connected with vias (plated-thru. holes). Multi-layer PCB’s allow for much higher component density and design complexity.

A PCBA (Printed Circuit Board Assembly) is the board after all the components and parts have been soldered and installed on the PCB and now can accomplish the electronic function it was designed for.

upload_2019-2-14_18-53-18.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #13,394 of 13,800
Can't see the date on those boards. Mind uploading the full resolution pictures? I'd like to know when those were manufactured.
Also these are not the rejected batch of boards that I believe has happened multiple times?

Feb 15, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #13,395 of 13,800
Can't see the date on those boards. Mind uploading the full resolution pictures? I'd like to know when those were manufactured.
Also these are not the rejected batch of boards that I believe has happened multiple times?

Not to mention that PCB's have a shelf life - they pick up moisture and contaminants that cause problems down the line.
i would guess that the PCB is less than 30% of the cost of the finished assembly. How long till they have enough money to buy the surface mount components and pay the assembly house?

so we were told on 11/23/2017 that the factory was producing da Vinci boards and that Pulse boards would follow.

we were also promised that

1 - we would be told when production of the pulse boards starts

2 - we would be told if there was any hold up on starting the pulse boards

are they moving to a domestic PCB stuffing house? If not, why being the boards here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back