Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jan 24, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #13,321 of 13,800
I personally wouldn't advise holding off on your audio journey for LH/L gear to materialize. If you need something NOW, there's lots of excellent DACs on the market which perform and sound amazing and are at decent prices.
So what's at the same level as a Pulse Infinity X fully loaded etc.?

Jan 24, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #13,322 of 13,800
Jan 24, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #13,325 of 13,800
It's as good as the Yggy? you have to be joking...
That is not what I meant or said.
I thought for someone waiting for a LH Labs DAC that they could look at the Yggy.
I don't know of anyone that has compared the two.

Jan 24, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #13,327 of 13,800
So what's at the same level as a Pulse Infinity X fully loaded etc.?

Hello all, I'm curious too. 1. What's comparable to the Pulse Infinity with LPS? What's a logical upgrade? Two years ago atsq17 & oneguy felt it's comparable to Schiit Gungnir Multibit, Metrum Hex, Auralic Vega and Chord Mojo. With Schiit Yggdrasil and Metrum Pavane as logical upgrades.

2. How does the Pulse Infinity with LPS hold against Benchmark DAC3 HGC or RME ADI-2 DAC/Pro FS?

3. What firmware & driver are you using? I have the following:

Main: 3.0
MCU: 2.4
USB Control Panel: 2V0
Driver: Windows 10 native USB Audio 2.0

Jan 27, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #13,333 of 13,800
@stuck limo removed their post, but I vaguely recall they mentioned Chord Hugo 2, RME ADI-2 DAC and SPL Director as upgrades to Pulse Infinity with LPS. Are they minor upgrade/sidegrade or worthy upgrade?

What is the latest driver version, still 3.26 from 2015? Thesycon, developer for both LH Labs' and Microsoft's USB Audio 2.0 Class driver for Windows, are on version 4.54.

The Holo Spring DACs get good reviews too... and the Hugo2. They could at least be in the list.

I tend to find that once you get able a certain level, there's more "flavor" involved, then purely X is better than Y.

Hello! Yes I saw some mentions for the Kitsune Holo Spring line too, but always wary of R-2R and possibility of "Flavor of the Month".

I agree with the notion of flavors upon a certain cost level, but may not measure or sound objectively better. More so with converters where product life cycles are short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back