Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jun 14, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #13,081 of 13,800
I've had my Pulse XFI sit in a box for the past year waiting for an update. It has a hard time getting recognized by any pc when turned on. Sometimes it doesn't get found at all, other times it is found but refuses to play anything with Windows throwing an error when trying to play a test sound and other times nothing is wrong. I've switched to an Audio-GD NFB28 2016 and would like to use the Pulse XFI as a DAC for my living room audio system but with it being so unreliable I just can't. I've posted a ticket about this issue asking for a firmware file to maybe restore it but it has been 7 months and no answer except:

We will let our IT team know of the situation and they'll contact you back when more information is available.
Jarek

I'm unable to use nor sell this unit in the state it's in and would love to fix it because the DAC section was very enjoyable and probably and upgrade over my Dragonfly Red currently in use in my living room setup.

Jun 14, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #13,082 of 13,800
I've had my Pulse XFI sit in a box for the past year waiting for an update. It has a hard time getting recognized by any pc when turned on. Sometimes it doesn't get found at all, other times it is found but refuses to play anything with Windows throwing an error when trying to play a test sound and other times nothing is wrong. I've switched to an Audio-GD NFB28 2016 and would like to use the Pulse XFI as a DAC for my living room audio system but with it being so unreliable I just can't. I've posted a ticket about this issue asking for a firmware file to maybe restore it but it has been 7 months and no answer except:

I'm unable to use nor sell this unit in the state it's in and would love to fix it because the DAC section was very enjoyable and probably and upgrade over my Dragonfly Red currently in use in my living room setup.
Have you tried updating the firmware?

Jun 14, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #13,083 of 13,800
How am I able to when I can only get the updater files from LHL?

Why aren't the Pulse Firmwares available for my unit?.

During each batch of Pulses, there is a firmware that is associated to this unit. During some batches we created a firmware that is solely for that batch and serial number.
It is not recommended to change the firmware for these units. We will have updated firmware that can be associated to your unit's serial number. If you would like to check the status of your
units serial number and firmware, we ask that you please open a ticket and provide the serial number found on the bottom of your unit. At that point we will let you know if a new firmware is available
and provide you the corresponding file to run your DFU utility with.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #13,089 of 13,800
Why isn't the firmware online and accessible to everyone?

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #13,090 of 13,800
Why isn't the firmware online and accessible to everyone?

Different boards used per serial number set requiring different firmware. It should be posted regardless.

Some lucky person just got my Pulse X Infinity that I sold on ebay for a great price. It's a shame others still haven't gotten theirs at all.

I've given up on the Wave. No interest in it anymore. Goes right to veterans as a donation or selling it if I ever get mine.

Jun 15, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #13,091 of 13,800
The firmware files I got are for all Pulse models and are version 2V0 dating April and September 2016. I assume no further work has been done on these since.

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #13,095 of 13,800
I'd sell mine, but I'm worried that I'd feel bad because it would break or have an issue for the new buyer and they could never get it serviced :frowning2:

The Infinity does sound good...

Yes the dac portion is damn good less mqa support but the amp portion can be improved as it doesn't really sing with my LCD-X perhaps other headphones are better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back