Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
May 18, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #13,053 of 13,800
@Audio Addict

Try this old trick:
1. Plug in the device, windows fails to load the driver.
2. Open up device manager.
3. Find the listing for the device (clearly marked with the dreaded yellow exclamation mark)
4 Right-Click and choose "Disable" (NOT Uninstall) The device will still be in the list but sort of grayed-out
5. Leave Device Manager open and unplug the device. (it will disappear from the list)
6. Plug the device back in. It will re-appear but still disabled.
7. Right click on it and choose "Enable"

Thank -you for the suggestion but the driver does not show up in the Sound Manager through the control panel. Through devices on the win10 settings it shows as a driver error. I can remove it and the unplug and reconnect the USB cable and it sounds like it connects but it says driver error again.

I can at least connect through the Pulse Blue.

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #13,054 of 13,800
latest
Lol !!

May 23, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #13,055 of 13,800
I just received my Schiit Audio Yggdrasil v2 today after waiting for my two DACS (one for home, one for office).
Just getting it set up and enjoying what I should have had access to years ago.
Jotunheim MB -> Sys will go to home.

Mike

May 23, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #13,056 of 13,800
Can anyone here tell me how to make my Onkyo DP-X1A dap (using as source) work with my Pulse through an otg cable? The LH Labs site says," there is no need for installing software in Mac or Android". Mine, of course is Android.

Help, Please Help?? (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #13,057 of 13,800
May 23, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #13,058 of 13,800
Test trial mode if works. Purchase it in Playstore. Can access built-in DAC or in otg. Forgot if works on your unit, but please try. Check bitperfect on app settings.

http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/uapp-trial
Hey Mickey and thanks for your reply! Currently, I'm using USB Audio Player Pro and it recognized my V2+ with no problem. I will check the bit perfect in the software to see if this helps and will update you!!

May 23, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #13,059 of 13,800
Test trial mode if works. Purchase it in Playstore. Can access built-in DAC or in otg. Forgot if works on your unit, but please try. Check bitperfect on app settings.

http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/uapp-trial
I got it to work by disconnecting the Revive and plugging it straight into the Onkyo. Another question I have is, if the Revive worked between the V2+/Onkyo player and works between my desktop/Pulse; why wouldn't it not work between my amp/Onkyo player?
I tried it while connected to a power source (battery charger) and without the charger. By the way, the Revive's battery was fully charged. Any input is greatly appreciated and I will follow all suggestions I haven't tried! Thank you!!!

May 23, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #13,060 of 13,800
Android is still a hit or miss. It might work on one but miss on the other.

Bitperfect is for SQ (like it very much). If you want about connectivity please try/experiment usb tweaks on usb settings.

May 24, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #13,062 of 13,800
No problem Bro.

I use an Android TV (Himedia Q10Pro) w/ built in HDD (WD Red 8Tb) -> Revive -> Geek Pulse as seen in my sig via UAPP as app.

So in my case Revive/Geek Pulse works w/ Android.

In your case I think there might be a problem w/ UAPP. Since they incorporated the HiRes Driver (for built in DAC), it might have problem distinguishing both (on the settings.>usb audio tweaks check "Use USB DAC").

How about:

1. Disinstall and reinstall UAPP w/ Geek Pulse + Revive attached
2. Try installing other software HibyMusic, Neutron MP if ti works.

May 24, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #13,063 of 13,800
IMG_0882.JPG
IMG_0881.JPG
IMG_0880.JPG
No problem Bro.

I use an Android TV (Himedia Q10Pro) w/ built in HDD (WD Red 8Tb) -> Revive -> Geek Pulse as seen in my sig via UAPP as app.

So in my case Revive/Geek Pulse works w/ Android.

In your case I think there might be a problem w/ UAPP. Since they incorporated the HiRes Driver (for built in DAC), it might have problem distinguishing both (on the settings.>usb audio tweaks check "Use USB DAC").

How about:

1. Disinstall and reinstall UAPP w/ Geek Pulse + Revive attached
2. Try installing other software HibyMusic, Neutron MP if ti works.
Dude! How about while trying to get my Revive recognized through the UAPP, my freakin' single ended connection on my Pulse is frying my ear like bacon in a pan! I just can't get a break!!! I tried swapping cables, different adapters and troubleshooting static problems. Just at a loss now and pissed, lol.

May 25, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #13,064 of 13,800
Access menu by pushing the volume knob. Cycle and change gain to LOW from Gain Control.

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #13,065 of 13,800
Ok, I finally got the Revive to work in my equation! It was due to a connection problem.
I found that the problem I'm having is not with the Pulse, but my LPS4. I hear a humming noise in my iems, in which are still shocking the heck out of me! I'm probably going to find someone local to repair it... I'm thinking it's a ground issue, has anyone had a similar experience ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back