Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jul 15, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #13,111 of 13,800
My Geek Pulse has suddenly stopped being recognized by Windows10 (USB) and also doesn't play from the TOSLINK input.
It has been there for years, working from USB + TOSLINK without a glitch and now just died...
Screen is ok, it is responsive to the knob, but firmware appears to be 0.0
anything I could try?

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #13,113 of 13,800
you've dealt with LHLabs - I assume you're used to disappointment

My Geek Pulse has suddenly stopped being recognized by Windows10 (USB) and also doesn't play from the TOSLINK input.
It has been there for years, working from USB + TOSLINK without a glitch and now just died...
anything I could try?

Jul 15, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #13,114 of 13,800
anything I could try?
You may need to update the Drivers

Jul 15, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #13,115 of 13,800
anything I could try?

Firmware corrupted so Main FW version became 0.0

Try power cycle a few times, no harm to try.

Jul 16, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #13,116 of 13,800
Re-flash the firmware (if you have it)? Or see if you can get them to send you the latest firmware for your particular unit?

Jul 16, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #13,117 of 13,800
Thank you for all the suggestions.

I tried few on/off: will try a couple of more prolonged power-cycle, disconnectiong power for up to 1 day.

As for update drivers: mmm... Windows 10 should support Geek Pulse natively. I had drivers for Windows 7, never installed a driver for windows 10. Moreover, I don't think it can be a driver problem: it was working and now it is not recognized as USB peripheral, not even by other PCs

Re-flash the firmware: how can I do that? Can it be performed even without USB connection?

LHLabs: waiting for their feedback...

I might be looking for a new DAC/AMP: TEAC 503 looks interesting...

Jul 16, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #13,118 of 13,800
Thank you for all the suggestions.

LHLabs: waiting for their feedback...

I would suggest that everyone who has a warranty issue with LH Labs contacts LH Labs. I believe that at some point we will need their unanswered contact forms, so we can get our money back or our products. A case against them has to be built up. A lawsuit is a no-go, but an agency such as the FBI might help.

Jul 16, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #13,119 of 13,800
I would suggest that everyone who has a warranty issue with LH Labs contacts LH Labs. I believe that at some point we will need their unanswered contact forms, so we can get our money back or our products. A case against them has to be built up. A lawsuit is a no-go, but an agency such as the FBI might help.
Why do you say a lawsuit is a no go?

Jul 16, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #13,120 of 13,800
Why do you say a lawsuit is a no go?

Because it is too expensive. No lawyer will take us unless we pay for the entire bill, which will be in the range of 200K-400K USD$ (I have been there, trust me).

The FBI will do it for free and force them to comply (or else, LH will have to do the time). Put yourself in the shoes of LH. Which one would you prefer if you were LH?

Jul 16, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #13,121 of 13,800
Because it is too expensive. No lawyer will take us unless we pay for the entire bill, which will be in the range of 200K-400K USD$ (I have been there, trust me).

The FBI will do it for free and force them to comply (or else, LH will have to do the time). Put yourself in the shoes of LH. Which one would you prefer if you were LH?
Thanks for clarifying that it would be pragmatically difficult, but not impossible.
Mike

Jul 16, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #13,123 of 13,800
Yeah, so for example when they happily took 500$ or so extra from me a year later when I foolishly upgraded from the X to infinity and Gina told me it would ship in like two months. Nothing shipped since so did you knowingly take my money when you knew it was over? Did you instruct Gina to do so on extra money incoming from outside the campaign? What about when you would have taken 1K extra for the Vi upgrade? I haven't heard of a Vi shipped in quite a good while...Speculation of course.

Jul 16, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #13,124 of 13,800
I believe the following facts should be observed:

1) LH Labs has raised approximately 6 million dollars of our money.
2) LH Labs refuses to provide deadlines of delivery.
3) LH Labs refuses to provide refunds (even to those who would settle just for a portion of their initial investment).
4) LH Labs refuses to provide updates on % of delivered items for all products (5-8 in total), except for the Pulse which they claim has a 94% successful delivery rate.
5) Most backers have not received their items and most items have not been delivered.
6) Larry Ho is the Director of the company that has his initials.
7) Larry Ho aims on staying in the audio industry.

And, stunningly:

8) Geek Pulse raised 3090% of their original goal. So 31 times over what they needed to actually develop and deliver the Geeks.

How naive can we be?

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #13,125 of 13,800
for those that missed it... there's an update on the indiegogo page.

well... not an 'Update', rather a comment - which means that no-one gets a notification email.

We will resume the PCB production of remaining units on the first week of Aug. So if everything goes smoothly as planned from PCB factory, we will have the board ready by the end of Aug. Then we can start the assembly process of the Pulse DAC and start shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back