Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 21, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #12,061 of 13,800
  Of course if they just published the production plan once a month for the next month everybody would know what was in the queue and stop asking questions.

They have done that on and off but often it showed things as done or almost done when they must not have been.

While I don't respect or trust their communication, they sure are faster and more clear when they are actively selling items and upgrades or otherwise collecting money.

Dec 25, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #12,062 of 13,800
Let's me know if anyone want a LP4. I am still waiting for my infinity. They shipped the LP4 to me last year and the whole box seat under my office desk since then. I am tired of waiting and going to purchase Schiit DAC now. Please let me know if you want to buy a never been use LP4, thanks.

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #12,063 of 13,800
Let's me know if anyone want a LP4. I am still waiting for my infinity. They shipped the LP4 to me last year and the whole box seat under my office desk since then. I am tired of waiting and going to purchase Schiit DAC now. Please let me know if you want to buy a never been use LP4, thanks.

It may not be working though...
I had to send in my lps4 three times to get a working one..
Somehow after a year its failing, it occasionally shuts down and stops powering the geek pulse

Dec 27, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #12,064 of 13,800

It's true, man. Try to find something you can test all the outputs on and the USB power; you've gotta check it out and see if it works before you pass it on.

Mine was faulty upon arrival and so have serval other people's been.

Jan 3, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #12,066 of 13,800
It may not be working though...
I had to send in my lps4 three times to get a working one..
Somehow after a year its failing, it occasionally shuts down and stops powering the geek pulse

I just received my RMA'd LPS4 with similar failure. One of the statement they had was they do not know why it is shutting down. No detail was provided for the fix. Scary thought now knowing yours went back 3 times.

Jan 7, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #12,070 of 13,800
iPower DC power supply, that works w/ Pulse, HPA, PTP, Pulse Blue. With a few of these who needs an LPS? ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-ipower.

You don't but the LPS4 (and presumably the LPS8 when released) offer the ability to run multiple devices with only one plug going to the wall which saves money and electrical socket space. Many people prefer to connect direct to the wall electrical socket and this allows a substantial amount of your gear to run and still have free sockets. I use my LPS4 to run my Infinity, Blue, phono pre-amp, and charge my 20G box. The plugs for all those alone would max out a normal 4 socket outlet instead I use only one with the ability to still run one more device from the LPS4.

Some may not care about this as much as they run extenders with multiple outlets. I run a large surge protector because whatever sound improvements may arise from connecting to the wall do not outweigh even the slightest chance me losing the thousands of dollars of equipment I have due to a lightning strike.

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #12,071 of 13,800
You don't but the LPS4 (and presumably the LPS8 when released) offer the ability to run multiple devices with only one plug going to the wall which saves money and electrical socket space. Many people prefer to connect direct to the wall electrical socket and this allows a substantial amount of your gear to run and still have free sockets. I use my LPS4 to run my Infinity, Blue, phono pre-amp, and charge my 20G box. The plugs for all those alone would max out a normal 4 socket outlet instead I use only one with the ability to still run one more device from the LPS4.

Some may not care about this as much as they run extenders with multiple outlets. I run a large surge protector because whatever sound improvements may arise from connecting to the wall do not outweigh even the slightest chance me losing the thousands of dollars of equipment I have due to a lightning strike.

​4 ifi power supplies = $200.00, add a surge protector, and you save $400.00 over an LPS4.

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #12,072 of 13,800
​4 ifi power supplies = $200.00, add a surge protector, and you save $400.00 over an LPS4.

Oh I agree from a price perspective this isn't a competition. I would never buy and LPS4 at their new price but many of us got our LPS4 for $429 through crowd funding which I feel is the price that is more inline with what is reasonable. But some people may not have been that fortunate and may prefer to connect directly to the walls and an LPS4 or 8 at their current price may be worth it to them.

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #12,074 of 13,800
Solid choice! I ran my Geek Out v2 from a 5v
iPower in my bedroom for a while. For $50 it's a pretty low threat gamble especially given the astronomical prices of other equipment. Right now my 5v iPower isn't being my used but it will get thrown back into the mix when my Spring Level 3 DAC gets here and I use the 5v to power the 20G cable/box.

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #12,075 of 13,800
An update re remaining Pulse Infinity orders.
It seems things have been held up while LHL have been talking to component manufacturers for Geek Wave. It now might mean they can get back to fulfilling our very overdue orders. 
I received this response from Gina:

Hello,

Larry has just gotten back from a long business trip in China and is currently working on a new update for all remaining Pulse backers. I'll keep your support ticket open until an update regarding shipping is released. I apologize for this delay.

All the Best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back