Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 15, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #12,032 of 13,800
   Last update was for the LPS8 and how they are now changing it again and adding 15V rails in place of 2 of the 12V rails.

Last update mentioning the LPS4 is over 5 months ago and that they were awaiting transformers but not a single word since then.

From the sounds of the update they are still a few months away from even starting production so I wouldn't hold my breath for a LPS anytime soon.

I'm waiting on one of each and as with everything LH labs I'm in a for a long long wait

@Shawnb, what product was this update posted under and was it the IGG page or on head-fi?

"Last update was for the LPS8 and how they are now changing it again and adding 15V rails in place of 2 of the 12V rails."

Dec 15, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #12,033 of 13,800
  Only had the Infinity for 24 hours and it's dead already. Tried it on three different computers and none of them will see it. Pulled the power on it for 15 minutes, then reconnected it to the LPS-4 and no dice. Awesome quality, Light Harmonic

So I think there is some real problem with the driver and windows 10, something related to memory. So what you have to do is disable it through your device manager, not your sound properties, and re-enable it through device manager again. They will probably prompt you to restart when you disable, follow it. Also when my pulse is not recognized but is plugged in, it either will make a weird constant buzzing noise through my speakers/headphones or no noise at all but its not broken and I just know it.I have my Geek Pulse X for i think close to a year now and it always requires troubleshooting but its never broken. It's a pain in the ass. That or it is just mine that requires me to do all that? But i really think its the driver and windows having some sort of error with each other in windows 10. Windows 8.1 was fine for me in terms of recognizing the device. It's a shame though cause this DAC/AMP sounds good.

Dec 15, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #12,034 of 13,800
I screwed around with it and did get it back working. It seems to be really sensitive as to which USB ports it is plugged into as well. I have a PS Audio Directstream DAC and it never has any issues, doesn't disappear, and no snap crackle pop, but you can tell it's built and designed way better than the Infinity. A tank could run over it and it would still work.

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #12,035 of 13,800
  I screwed around with it and did get it back working. It seems to be really sensitive as to which USB ports it is plugged into as well. I have a PS Audio Directstream DAC and it never has any issues, doesn't disappear, and no snap crackle pop, but you can tell it's built and designed way better than the Infinity. A tank could run over it and it would still work.

Yes, sometimes there are issues with the USB connections/ports and moving it to another port might fix the issue.

I have been having a lot of intermittent drops on my Mac Mini and finally had a chance to move the cable to a different USB port. So far it has not dropped again, but I will need to run it for a few days without any issue before I am convinced it is fixed.

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #12,036 of 13,800
For the amount of time that it took LH to get these out, there seem to be a lot of issues. The driver is pretty half baked also. When it's running fine, it sounds pretty good though. I have an Oppo BDP-105 also, and it sound pretty equal to it. Different, but I can't say it's any better. The PS Audio Directstream is quite a bit better than both.

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #12,037 of 13,800
  For the amount of time that it took LH to get these out, there seem to be a lot of issues. The driver is pretty half baked also. When it's running fine, it sounds pretty good though. I have an Oppo BDP-105 also, and it sound pretty equal to it. Different, but I can't say it's any better. The PS Audio Directstream is quite a bit better than both.

At  3 - 4 times more in price it should be!
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #12,038 of 13,800
The PS Audio stuff is seriously well built. I also have a NuWave Phono Converter to do needle drop vinyl rips and it is built like a tank also, and pre-ordered a DirectStream Memory Player....I kind of like PS Audio. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #12,039 of 13,800
  The PS Audio stuff is seriously well built. I also have a NuWave Phono Converter to do needle drop vinyl rips and it is built like a tank also, and pre-ordered a DirectStream Memory Player....I kind of like PS Audio. 
biggrin.gif

Agreed!  Bought my son a Sprout and I was quite impressed at the value/$

Dec 16, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #12,040 of 13,800

@Shawnb, what product was this update posted under and was it the IGG page or on head-fi?

"Last update was for the LPS8 and how they are now changing it again and adding 15V rails in place of 2 of the 12V rails."

It's under the Pulse Analog page. 
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pulse-analog-audio-components-pre-order-headphones/x/1729175#/updates

It seems they moved all info for the LPS's, HPA, PTP and Amps to that page. 

I'll let @Benny-x chime in with details as I don't want to steal his thunder. He has a few pics of it. I believe they are in the thread around the end of March this year.

Yeah I see him mention. It'd be nice to know how he got one and no one else has yet. I kinda remember this being discussed before but with LH it's been so long and such a headache it's to easy to forget.
Haven't heard a word about them in forever. 
Just made a ticket so hopefully I can get an answer on what happened to the LPS's

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #12,041 of 13,800

Glad to hear your ticket was taken care of. Please let tech support know the status. Thank you!

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #12,044 of 13,800
@greenkiwi

This just now from Gina Stewart:

Hello,

The LPS4 2.0 and LPS8 are currently in production and estimated to ship around Q2 2017. Updates can also be found on Pulse Analog Components campaign page here:https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pulse-analog-audio-components-pre-order/x/12653888#/updates

Again we appreciate your support and if you have any additional questions or concerns, or if I missed anything, please let me know.

Thanks!

Dec 19, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #12,045 of 13,800
After getting a ridiculous number of connection drops per hour between the XFi and my Mac mini for far too long, I finally had a chance to reflash the 2V0 firmware, and it appears to have fixed it so far.

Each time the connection dropped I had to power cycle the Pulse to get it to reconnect.

In the last few hours I have not had any drops. Hopefully it is fixed for good and I can get back to enjoyable, frustration free, listening sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back