Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Dec 19, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #12,046 of 13,800
Once I got my Xfi sorted out, all has been good. No more snap crackle pop! I also guess that I had been living in a cave for a while as I had missed out on Blu Ray players having the Mediatek chips MT8580 and MT8560 will do SACD rips. I have an Oppo BDP-105 which has the MT8580, so I have been ripping my SACD collection and streaming them through the Xfi.

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #12,047 of 13,800
Once I got my Xfi sorted out, all has been good. No more snap crackle pop! I also guess that I had been living in a cave for a while as I had missed out on Blu Ray players having the Mediatek chips MT8580 and MT8560 will do SACD rips. I have an Oppo BDP-105 which has the MT8580, so I have been ripping my SACD collection and streaming them through the Xfi.

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #12,048 of 13,800

Nice. I have a bunch of SACD ISOs extracted to DSF files and they sound great from JRMC through the XFi with FTM mode

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #12,049 of 13,800

Luck, apparently. I had no idea when I got it that I'd be one of only a small handful to get it in the 2.0 chassis.

I'll let Benny-x chime in with details as I don't want to steal his thunder. He has a few pics of it. I believe they are in the thread around the end of March this year.

Haha, had you asked me if have said November, but you're right, that's actually when I sent my defective LPS4 1.0 in. I got the 2.0 in mid-March this year, just in time for my trip back to Asia.

As for anyone wondering how, I detailed how it went down after I got it because I still think all is LPS4 owners got screwed with that.

The deal was, after I sent the defective unit in they published the info on the new 2.0 chassis. I complained and said I paid primo for the matching chassises of the top tier units, then I ended up with a 2.0 Pulse Infinity and a 1.0 LPS4. Now there's a matching one and they owe that to me, along with the fixes. And even worse than that, I only use one of the outputs. I only upgraded from the LPS to the LPS4 because Larry said it'd have a custom wound, OCC copper transformer, an upgrade over the regular tranny in the LPS. They called my bluff on that and said they couldn't recollect any time Larry said such a thing. And thank God some dear soul had quoted the Perkagedon madness on another forum and I could provide proof of Larry saying that. And that's because the original forum and the original posts by the LH Labs team were all gone by the time I was bringing this up. So, they said there was no chance I could get the custom wound tranny, but what they could do was comp me a chassis upgrade or refund me. The refund was no good and the matching 2.0 set sounded about the best overall solution, so I bit and said I'd wait X months to get it. 5 months later it arrived at my door, been working ever since, though I'm looking forward to upgrading to the 2.0 firmware on the Pulse Infinity when I find time.

And little did I know, that would bascially be the last product LH Labs ever shipped out to a paid customer ;-P

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #12,051 of 13,800
Anyone else find the Pulse Xfi sounding better with time. I have put on a lot of hours since the V2O upgrade and it seems to be getting better and better.

I even delayed getting a R2R DAC for Christmas as I was tossing up between a few options like the Holo, Yggy etc.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #12,053 of 13,800
@gikigill, how many hours do you have on your Pulse? My experience with my X infinity ws that after the first few hours where the changes were varied and rarely good, I heard continuous improvements up to about 400 hours. After 400 or so hours of active operation, my mediocre ears could no longer detect any change. This DAC has been (in my opinion) excellent ever since.

J.P.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #12,054 of 13,800
Yup, I would say I'm around that figure too. It sounds more fuller, more textured and the music seems to be more fuller. Vocals seem to have more authority too.

The single ended headphone out is still lacking punch though but the balanced out is brilliant.

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #12,055 of 13,800
@greenkiwi

This just now from Gina Stewart:

Hello,

The LPS4 2.0 and LPS8 are currently in production and estimated to ship around Q2 2017. Updates can also be found on Pulse Analog Components campaign page here:https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pulse-analog-audio-components-pre-order/x/12653888#/updates

Again we appreciate your support and if you have any additional questions or concerns, or if I missed anything, please let me know.

Thanks!

How do you miss guess shipping dates by 6 + months?  and there are no updates on the indiegogo site.

2 months ago

Dear LPS8, HPA backers,

In two weeks, we will get the preproduction board for the HPA. And in order to give more headroom of analog circuit. We decided to upgrade the bipolar power supply trail to +15V and -15V. And rest of design didn't change but with higher voltage supply here. It really sound better in our prototype.

Also, since LPS8 backer will have 8 routes of 12V output originally. We will upgrade two of these 8 to become 15V. And I got few requests to lower one of its output to 7 ~ 9V in order to power up the other devices. We will try to put this consideration too. Once it is confirmed 100% doable, will make a quick update as well. 

The second to third week of Nov will be a busy week. We will have HPA 15V version working with LPS8 for full test in the lab. And if tests goes as its expected. Test results will be published, then design is frozen and we go into production.

Cheers,

Larry

I guess testing went very bad.  Time to update all the campaigns:

Pulse - infinity 100 are due now

Source - have been collecting all the shipping information and configurations still aren't right

Vi- some hand crafting artisans are forging each tube vi by hand only during the full moon

LPS - adding 3v to the rails by some artisan process

HPA - what ever a pre-production board that needs new voltages means in the process

Power Amp - pretty picture

Wave - will that even be a reasonable product after all this time

If they would just sit down and map out the schedule of production, the information would be helpful to people who bought and might even help them plan what they are going to do.

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #12,056 of 13,800
They called my bluff on that and said they couldn't recollect any time Larry said such a thing. And thank God some dear soul had quoted the Perkagedon madness on another forum and I could provide proof of Larry saying that. And that's because the original forum and the original posts by the LH Labs team were all gone by the time I was bringing this up.

Do you think they pulled the original forum and posts because of this very issue? I mean so people wouldn't have any proof of statements that were made by the LH Labs team?

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #12,057 of 13,800
@greenkiwi

This just now from Gina Stewart:

Hello,

The LPS4 2.0 and LPS8 are currently in production and estimated to ship around Q2 2017. Updates can also be found on Pulse Analog Components campaign page here:https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pulse-analog-audio-components-pre-order/x/12653888#/updates

Again we appreciate your support and if you have any additional questions or concerns, or if I missed anything, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hmm interesting I got that same email almost word for word. R&D or production? It's not like clarity matters.

The LPS4 2.0 and LPS8 are currentl in R&D and an update will be released by Larry. I estimate they'll most likely ship around Q2 2017. Updates can also be found on  Pulse Analog Components campaign page here:https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pulse-analog-audio-components-pre-order/x/12653888#/updates

Again we appreciate your support and if you have any additional questions or concern.

Thanks!

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #12,058 of 13,800
Gina sometimes relies on "cut and paste" responces. Manny tends to complicate things with half thoughts or unintelligible responces. At least Larry made sense when he took over communications. But now that he's MIA AFAICT, we're left with the "happy" team that was of late MIA for an extended and unexplained period. There's just no end to the drama and lack of delivered promises and products by LHL folks.

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #12,059 of 13,800
Gina sometimes relies on "cut and paste" responces. Manny tends to complicate things with half thoughts or unintelligible responces. At least Larry made sense when he took over communications. But now that he's MIA AFAICT, we're left with the "happy" team that was of late MIA for an extended and unexplained period. There's just no end to the drama and lack of delivered promises and products by LHL folks.

Of course if they just published the production plan once a month for the next month everybody would know what was in the queue and stop asking questions.

Dec 21, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #12,060 of 13,800
Of course if they just published the production plan once a month for the next month everybody would know what was in the queue and stop asking questions.

Yeah but that's way too easy and exactly what the customers have been asking for. Why would they do a silly thing like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back