Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 9, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #10,832 of 13,800
Is this for Infinity 2.0 in the new chassis or the original Infinity?

On the one hand it may be nice to have direct DSD, on the other hand, I am afraid it will blow up the Infinity ...

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #10,833 of 13,800
Thanks to Larry for the VIP treatment. Looking forward to getting my XFi back. Will report back once received.

What VIP treatment?

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #10,834 of 13,800
Interesting. I wonder if they're well enough together to email people when the new firmwares are released? 

Anyway, what do you think of your finalized SSM vs. the mostly favoured FTM? And is SSM any better for streaming?

Yeah I dunno if they were actually planning to tell people about it....

I haven't tried it myself yet since I've been busy. I'll see if it helps with the audio dropout problem I've been having while listening to YouTube videos though.

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #10,835 of 13,800
Yeah I dunno if they were actually planning to tell people about it....

I haven't tried it myself yet since I've been busy. I'll see if it helps with the audio dropout problem I've been having while listening to YouTube videos though.

Well, I'm on the email list and haven't received anything, so I guess no?

And I'm really always on the fence about updates. On the one hand I do LOVE getting the latest, greatest, most updated features. However, on the other hand you risk new stability issues, incompatibility with other apps, and less knowhow in the tech support knowledge base, both by the company and communal. So, hmm....

I'll wait it out a little, then upgrade to whatever in a month I suppose. Keep an eye on the various Pulse threads for issues.

Feb 10, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #10,836 of 13,800
Well, I'm on the email list and haven't received anything, so I guess no?

And I'm really always on the fence about updates. On the one hand I do LOVE getting the latest, greatest, most updated features. However, on the other hand you risk new stability issues, incompatibility with other apps, and less knowhow in the tech support knowledge base, both by the company and communal. So, hmm....

I'll wait it out a little, then upgrade to whatever in a month I suppose. Keep an eye on the various Pulse threads for issues.

I'm in the same boat as you. At this point I would qualify my Pulse Infinity as operation nearly flawlessly and I don't want to chance it unless the juice is worth the squeeze.

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #10,839 of 13,800
I have talked with LHL through support last month, My inital Pulse order was in November 2014 and I upgraded to a Xfi in December 2014.

Quote:
 I apologize for the delay in your Pulse unit shipping out. The latest batch of boards that were delivered to us had a 88% failure rate. We do have you on file and will be able to ship your unit out once we receive our replacement boards in house. Unfortunately at this time our production team is behind schedule in delivering the units. They estimate that the boards will arrive around mid February. Once again I apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as the production team works to get these units shipped out to the remaining backers as quickly as possible. 

Then I asked how many people were in front of me and this was Manny's response.

There are 26 orders in front of yours. This should ship out in the next few weeks. Again thank you for your time. 

So I hope I will get my Xfi this month or somewhere in March.

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #10,842 of 13,800
for anyone who has a Jay's Audio 12v LPS for their geek pulse.. the same guy is offering a group buy on an assembled soekris r2r dac with usb input, built in screen, preamp out, headphone amp built in.. http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=223862.0
I know it's off topic but I think a lot of the jay's audio owners read this thread.  Miceblue you should hop on the group buy with me :p

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #10,843 of 13,800
  for anyone who has a Jay's Audio 12v LPS for their geek pulse.. the same guy is offering a group buy on an assembled soekris r2r dac with usb input, built in screen, preamp out, headphone amp built in.. http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=223862.0
I know it's off topic but I think a lot of the jay's audio owners read this thread.  Miceblue you should hop on the group buy with me :p

A bit OT, but I wonder how the Soekris DAC compares with the similar priced Schiit Gungnir Multibit or even the Yggdrasil...

Feb 11, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #10,844 of 13,800
  Didn't Larry say recently they tested new boards with a new provider and they had a 100% pass rate??????????

they did. what the heck? this is shady for sure. Maybe they still have the old message up as a default in the customer service responses.

Feb 12, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #10,845 of 13,800
Reconnection woes... the infinity would not be recognized by my Mac.  It shows up as a device in the system info, but not in the sound system.

It also causes the whole mac sound system to hang.

So it is pure speculation, but the behavior would point to the device behaving in some unexpected way that causes the mac sound system to hang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back