Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 17, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #10,861 of 13,800
  They're the Enron of audio.

Honestly - that is my biggest fear! I mean that their "Business behavior" (if you may call that so) drives them into bankruptcy faster than I can get my stuff. 
Can't sell it if I don't have it. 
Anyway - I am going to get rid of anythng from LHL (if I ever will get some of the "products").  

I am also wondering why I haven't read any complaint about them not giving any news or update on the HPA and their amps and other stuff? Is there another thread with all the associated ****storm?

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #10,862 of 13,800
I wonder how much would If I sell my XFI and an LPS in the used market. Prices have been dropping and dropping. I sold my original infinity v1 and lps for about 1k.  Then I bought  a used XFI and LPS for 900.  I think I would be lucky if I get 500 for the combo now.  

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #10,863 of 13,800
  I wonder how much would If I sell my XFI and an LPS in the used market. Prices have been dropping and dropping. I sold my original infinity v1 and lps for about 1k.  Then I bought  a used XFI and LPS for 900.  I think I would be lucky if I get 500 for the combo now.  

It's infuriating, I could have bought a used XFI for a lower price than what I pledged. And I would have been enjoying it now! But, the wait continues.

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #10,865 of 13,800
Sorry to read through this thread and see so many delays and problems! Feel bad for Larry who is a great engineer and awesome at what he does: design cool circuits. Probably he did not anticipate the hurdles involved in moving from boutique company to mass production and from few products to an extended line. I am sure he hates the current situation as much as every angry backer and maybe wishes he did not get carried away with he whole thing in the first place. Afterall, from the role dynamics I have seen, he delivered the his main intellectual part quite well and other people were more involved in implementing it.
I hope this will get resolved soon and everybody will enjoy their long awaited toys.

I for one, have no major complaints. Received my unit in October (true, with a significant delay compared to the initial campaign, but still earlier than most), my unit works without any glitches, and overall I like it (massive improvement compared with my previous Shiit modi and having a balanced amp is very cool).

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #10,866 of 13,800
 Light Harmonic went from a company that made few Da Vinci DAC's a year, to producing 1000's of consumer based products. With this type of scale up, there are bound to be delays. The patient backers will be rewarded with great sounding equipment.

Feb 19, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #10,868 of 13,800
  FYI I found a little piece of information which should be interesting for you all.

Gavin is working for AudioEngine and is still a CINO/Advisory Board member at LH.

I stumbled upon it by accident.

I actually don't like the sound of that, and not that I was some sort of big GF fanboy/cheerleader, hardly, but this is at least some cause for concern when one of the stated principals in the company jumps ship.

Feb 19, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #10,869 of 13,800
The amount of wasted space inside the Pulse Blue would be crazy. Inside the Pulse Infinity it's already bad. Asking for additional money for shipping due to that is bad, when everyone complained from about that point from day one.

I only got a quick peek in the box, but I got my LPS4 today. I'll take some snappers next week when I get back home. It'll be late next month before I can pair it with my Infinity, but for now I've just got to pray it's in 100% working order.

Feb 19, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #10,870 of 13,800
I actually don't like the sound of that, and not that I was some sort of big GF fanboy/cheerleader, hardly, but this is at least some cause for concern when one of the stated principals in the company jumps ship.

I don't know about that. Gavin was their public mouth piece, so of course I associate him with the negative marketing talk that went on, but he could also legitimately be the source of a lot of the headache.

Maybe instead of looking at it as a primary player jumping ship and it indicating instability, we could see it as LH Labs removing a cause of the problems and getting back to making people happy? Maybe it's a strategic move by the founder to get the company to a good place?

Gavin might still be in as an "adviser" only because he has shares and that's all that can be done with him.

Lots of maybes, but I can't say I'm unhappy to see him leave. Good luck to AudioEngine, until now they've always made pretty good, very price competitive, and dependable products.

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #10,871 of 13,800
That explains why Larry has become the voice of the updates as of late...

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #10,872 of 13,800
I don't know about that. Gavin was their public mouth piece, so of course I associate him with the negative marketing talk that went on, but he could also legitimately be the source of a lot of the headache.

Maybe instead of looking at it as a primary player jumping ship and it indicating instability, we could see it as LH Labs removing a cause of the problems and getting back to making people happy? Maybe it's a strategic move by the founder to get the company to a good place?

Gavin might still be in as an "adviser" only because he has shares and that's all that can be done with him.

Lots of maybes, but I can't say I'm unhappy to see him leave. Good luck to AudioEngine, until now they've always made pretty good, very price competitive, and dependable products.

I certainly hope your take is on the money, and not mine.

In the meantime I have only the supposed "first two weeks of March" estimated ship date for my Vi DAC tube as a near-term barometer.

I also did not mean to suggest any knowledge or certainty that GH in fact jumped ship.

He might have been shown the door, or perhaps this was the business plan all along, GH there to launch and see through the company's crowd funding phase (which itself had been previously described as a make-no-profit R&D effort), then someone else takes the marketing reigns as LHL graduates to a mature product/retail channel sales type of operation.

Feb 19, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #10,874 of 13,800
Hi, There

Recently we add two more RMA station around the world to accelerate the process. One in Germany, one in Singapore. 

The IEM-X is in the production phase, factory is making it. We are finalizing a dedicated web page for this new IEM-X series. And we sent several good samples out there and see how they feel about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back