Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 12, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #10,847 of 13,800
  for anyone who has a Jay's Audio 12v LPS for their geek pulse.. the same guy is offering a group buy on an assembled soekris r2r dac with usb input, built in screen, preamp out, headphone amp built in.. http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=223862.0
I know it's off topic but I think a lot of the jay's audio owners read this thread.  Miceblue you should hop on the group buy with me :p

biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #10,848 of 13,800
Reconnection woes... the infinity would not be recognized by my Mac.  It shows up as a device in the system info, but not in the sound system.

It also causes the whole mac sound system to hang.

So it is pure speculation, but the behavior would point to the device behaving in some unexpected way that causes the mac sound system to hang.

This sounds like the previously reported failure of the Pulse to lock onto the audio stream for whatever reason. It is quite a commonly reported issue on this thread.

Some people have reported success with installing a firmware update and some cannot get it to work again without an RMA.

Feb 14, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #10,850 of 13,800
Same here, GO1000, Pulse Infinity and V2+ Infinity all working flawlessly. The GO1000 is a great combo with the HD800. Mellows the sound a little bit and plenty of grunt to keep the drivers in control.

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #10,852 of 13,800
Copy and paste from Larry at LH Labs:

Pulse Blue is ready to ship!

We know you have been waiting for your Pulse Blue and would like to extend our sincerest gratitude. It has been quite the ride and we are continually pushing to get The Pulse Blue in your hands. And we're ready to begin bulk shipping on this product.

You are receiving this email because when we started the Pulse Blue project we had a basic chassis design. This has now evolved into a re-designed re-imagined chassis that pairs wirelessly, but also isn't a sore to look at :wink:

The Pulse Blue in total grew three times the size and three times the weight to boot. It is for this reason that we would need to collect some additional funds for shipping and begin our bulk shipping. After collaborating with my shipping department an additional $20 for Domestic backers and $25 for International backers will be needed to ship your Brand new Pulse Blue. All domestic backers will be receiving an invoice from us via Paypal this afternoon for shipping and we will begin shipping! International will receive their invoice two weeks after. 

Hope you could support our decision of insisting on continuously improving our designs. If you have any particular question in mind, you are welcome to go tosupport.lhlabs.com to open a ticket for your Pulse Blue order.

Thank you so much,

Larry & The Shipping department

My repy:

Larry, despite your personal help I can no longer respect much less recommend your company to any head-fier, ever. Your company's business decisions and continual request for ongoing donations are despicable. You honestly seem like a nice guy but for heaven sakes any normal person would have realized your last email was just over the top. If my Pulse Xfi ever returns to me in operable condition I will be surprised and amazed. And if you deliver on your bluetooth promises I will redact my current statement and apologize, but in the meantime I hope you can understand my position. And the fact that you sent me an invoice is just, well, wow.

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #10,853 of 13,800
@Woodcans. I concur with your sentiment. I backed 2 Pulse Blues and thus was invoiced for $40 (Although I'm sure they could do combined shipping for less). I feel that LHL benefited from getting a long term interest free loan from us backers plus taking a really long time to deliver the goods so the right thing to do is for LHL to eat any overages. But alas I feel compelled to pay the ransom because I won't get my devices otherwise. Signed backer held hostage.

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #10,854 of 13,800
Oh my God you couldn't make this schiit up.  They're delivering a product years late, with an oversized chassis that nobody wanted (re-design yes, over-size no) and have the balls to ask for more money from the customers who've been waiting all this time? My jaw is on the floor.

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #10,855 of 13,800
@Woodcans. I concur with your sentiment. I backed 2 Pulse Blues and thus was invoiced for $40 (Although I'm sure they could do combined shipping for less). I feel that LHL benefited from getting a long term interest free loan from us backers plus taking a really long time to deliver the goods so the right thing to do is for LHL to eat any overages. But alas I feel compelled to pay the ransom because I won't get my devices otherwise. Signed backer held hostage.

Oh my God you couldn't make this schiit up.  They're delivering a product years late, with an oversized chassis that nobody wanted (re-design yes, over-size no) and have the balls to ask for more money from the customers who've been waiting all this time? My jaw is on the floor.

Pretty amazing, I agree. I am not giving them one more penny of my money, for any of their products. In the past I was interested in the Pulse Blue but no longer, and definitely not at a higher price.

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #10,856 of 13,800

Pretty amazing, I agree. I am not giving them one more penny of my money, for any of their products. In the past I was interested in the Pulse Blue but no longer, and definitely not at a higher price.

This is down right f..ing unbelievable! 
I am not sure if this behaviour by LHL complies with any rules that IGG has set up. 

Factually this also implies that LHL hold their backers hostages!  This should definitely trigger a law suit of some kind to my mind.
Unfortunately I have no idea if the whole crowdfunding business allows for such a suit but it should definitely be checked.

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #10,857 of 13,800
Goodness me, do LH Labs have no sense of fair play or integrity?!? These charlatans are utterly shameless, as asking for an extra shipping fee is tantamount to rubbing backers faces in the doo-doo. If anything LH Labs should be compensating folks for their inordinate wait. This is terrible behaviour for a company and deserves an ensuing firestorm of negative publicity.   

Quote:
  This is down right f..ing unbelievable! 
I am not sure if this behaviour by LHL complies with any rules that IGG has set up. 

Factually this also implies that LHL hold their backers hostages!  This should definitely trigger a law suit of some kind to my mind.
Unfortunately I have no idea if the whole crowdfunding business allows for such a suit but it should definitely be checked.

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #10,858 of 13,800
Their days are numbered. The excuses and questionable practices have crossed the tipping point with their backers and those wise enough to stay on the sidelines. If and when they fulfill all of their perks, they will just as quickly be persona non grata among head-fiers, and they have themselves to blame. I'd love to get my money back from those (edit) fine, upstanding businessmen.

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #10,859 of 13,800
The best part is after being held hostage with the updated shipping cost, a whole $60, 6 months later my ******* Pulse still hasn't shipped.
I'm so sick of LH Labs and thier ********, and regret ever backing anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back