Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Oct 6, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #9,466 of 13,800
I remember hearing that infinity owners that have a LPS (most of them I hope lol) would get a longer cable to be able to "hide" the LPS if need be since it would not match. Is the 2g just going to be longer or is there a seperate 1g cable or something?

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #9,467 of 13,800
The longer cables are longer LPS power cables. The length of the 1G or 2G cables will be what your paid for.

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #9,470 of 13,800
Thats a great question. They sent out the update and told everyone of this but there was no follow up to collect data. I logged a trouble ticket to ensure that they captured my request. The following was at 28 days ago:

-------

Me: "There was an update from Gavin on July 29th about longer cables being included with our Pulse Infinity 2.0 shipments but I haven't seen a call for cable lengths. I would like to request four 1-meter cables to be included with my Pulse Infinity 2.0 shipment."

Manny: "Thank you for your time, Okay i have added this to your order and once we receive the cables we can have this ship to you there after. Judging on the length it will be close to 1 meter (probably around 1.3 or 1.2 meters). Again thank you for your time and support."

------

I created a new trouble ticket today nebulas i didn't see any mention of the LPS cable on my shipping invoice.

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #9,471 of 13,800
I initially backed for a Pulse (later upgraded to Infinity and 2.0 chassis) on 29th October 2013 and still haven't received it yet. :frowning2:

So why are folks that backed later than me receiving shipping notifications and I'm not?!? This makes no sense as surely orders are shipped in chronological order from the date that they were received? Or do LH Labs prioritise order shipping by some other method?

This is very odd - but then it is L H Labs! :wink:

Same thing for me, too. Backed on Nov 29th, received shipping notification including the 2G and 1G cables, and wasn't charged shipping.

I got the shipping notification on 10/4/2015, which was amusing because it said my order was shipped on 10/5/2015. It's not quite the end of the day in CA yet, but USPS tracking indicates the package hasn't actually shipped yet.

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #9,472 of 13,800
I don't know if it is the case but I read somewhere else that the shipping order may go by the order of the first perk you backed.
FWIW I checked the tracking number and it was not shipped yesterday as indicated in the email, so far only the pre-shipment info was sent to USPS so God how long it will take to arrive.
EDIT: Just checked again, it was picked up today and gonna arrive Friday, kudos to LH this time.

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #9,473 of 13,800
I initially backed for a Pulse (later upgraded to Infinity and 2.0 chassis) on 29th October 2013 and still haven't received it yet. :frowning2:

So why are folks that backed later than me receiving shipping notifications and I'm not?!? This makes no sense as surely orders are shipped in chronological order from the date that they were received? Or do LH Labs prioritise order shipping by some other method?

You live outside of USA?

I am also oct 2013 and I was told they will ship USA units first. Then they would ship out of USA. This in case there is an issue orbug with the units, they can fix those before shipping them out.

I live in Puerto Rico btw

Oct 6, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #9,474 of 13,800
eliwankenobi thanks for the explanation as it does make sense. Better to send overseas customers fully functioning units. :)

You live outside of USA?

I am also oct 2013 and I was told they will ship USA units first. Then they would ship out of USA. This in case there is an issue orbug with the units, they can fix those before shipping them out.

I live in Puerto Rico btw

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #9,475 of 13,800

Sorry, I said the wrong date above. I actually backed on October 29th 2013. not November 29th. And yes, I'm a US backer.

USPS tracking now indicates that it will be delivered tomorrow. It should be interesting to compare it to the Pulse Infinity (old chassis) I received in July.

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #9,476 of 13,800
Here's a picture of the Pulse in the 2.0 chassis in the wild at RMAF!

It looked nice!

And here's the Vi, also at RMAF. Also looked slick.

Cheers

I feel that the Vi is the nicest looking product to come out of the LH Labs brand. It's a very handsome piece. Kinda makes me wish I had upgraded the Infinity to a Vi.

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #9,477 of 13,800
Not sure it's worth the (even longer) wait, think I may be in a retirement home by the time my Vi Tube arrives, but it is striking looking. I'm heartened to hear that Hifiman used it to demo the HEK.
(on the other hand, as I've mentioned previously, it gives me longer to figure out what to tell the missus when the big box arrives :smiley: )

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #9,478 of 13,800
Just an update to my Xfi burn-in, it's been a week and a half, bass is still severely lacking, I hope it's going to pull a last minute miracle because it'll suck if this is the best it can do.

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #9,479 of 13,800
  Just an update to my Xfi burn-in, it's been a week and a half, bass is still severely lacking, I hope it's going to pull a last minute miracle because it'll suck if this is the best it can do.

When I got my Xfi (it actually belongs to a friend), it sounded so bad before burn-in that I literally thought something was broken and I didn't know if it was the DAC or something else in the chain. It was thin sounding, lacking bass, etc. I called my friend (the guy who owns it) and told him that something was definitely wrong. It took about a week or two for it to burn in and now I am really happy with how it sounds.

If your bass is still lacking, it sounds like it needs more burn-in. 

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #9,480 of 13,800
  When I got my Xfi (it actually belongs to a friend), it sounded so bad before burn-in that I literally thought something was broken and I didn't know if it was the DAC or something else in the chain. It was thin sounding, lacking bass, etc. I called my friend (the guy who owns it) and told him that something was definitely wrong. It took about a week or two for it to burn in and now I am really happy with how it sounds.

If your bass is still lacking, it sounds like it needs more burn-in. 

Hope so, I'm not exactly going to turn around and get rid of it before I give it a fair chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back