Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Oct 4, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #9,437 of 13,800

Have you tried playing with the gain or filter settings?

On the vanillia pulse, I can't tell a difference between the TCM and FRM filters regardless of what's written on the setup guide.

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #9,438 of 13,800
I have. Not much difference. I think the frm mode was a little brighter and more defined. I could be wrong as I have played with it much.

Oct 4, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #9,440 of 13,800
Guess LHLabs doesn't respond to support tickets on weekends. Anybody experience an issue with the pulse not being detected on a windows PC?

My Main firmware displays 0.0 and I can't update it since my computer doesn't recognize the pulse. Now this wouldn't bother me so much if I could actually get the damn thing to work. I've tried every input, nothing works. QC not one of their strong suits.
mad.gif

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #9,441 of 13,800
400 pulses of DACs on the wall... 400 pulses of DACS... box one up... ship it out... 399 pulses of dacs on the wall.
399 pulses of DACs on the wall... 399 pulses of DACS... box one up... ship it out... 398 pulses of dacs on the wall.

Well, one in hand... and one shipped.  

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #9,442 of 13,800
  Guess LHLabs doesn't respond to support tickets on weekends. Anybody experience an issue with the pulse not being detected on a windows PC?

My Main firmware displays 0.0 and I can't update it since my computer doesn't recognize the pulse. Now this wouldn't bother me so much if I could actually get the damn thing to work. I've tried every input, nothing works. QC not one of their strong suits.
mad.gif

How is it hooked up? Need a few more details first. =/

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #9,443 of 13,800
Main firmware 0.0 is a Big problem! Nothing is going to work if it is reading that. Try removing power for ~30 minutes and rebooting with no inputs connected. If still 0.0 then try once more, but if it is not better this time it likely needs to go back to LH Labs for a new main board. Even if it does recover, you should open a support ticket as the unit is flakey and should go back to LH Labs anyway.

Good luck with it.

J.P.

Oct 5, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #9,445 of 13,800
My X Infinity had that problem regardless of the operating system. I sent it back and the technicians' notes were along the lines of the display board wasn't talking with the main board.

I still have the problem of the X Infinity freezing up (as in I need to turn it off/on to get working again) with Audirvana Plus 2.2 though. I should check with my OPPO HA-2 to see whether or not I can replicate that problem, or if it's just the X Infinity.

Oct 5, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #9,446 of 13,800

How is it hooked up? Need a few more details first. =/

I've tried coaxial straight from cd player, toslink from apple tv, and usb from windows pc and Mac. Nothing works. 
Main firmware 0.0 is a Big problem! Nothing is going to work if it is reading that. Try removing power for ~30 minutes and rebooting with no inputs connected. If still 0.0 then try once more, but if it is not better this time it likely needs to go back to LH Labs for a new main board. Even if it does recover, you should open a support ticket as the unit is flakey and should go back to LH Labs anyway.

Good luck with it.

J.P.

Opened a ticket last week, same day I recieved it. Got a response to my initial ticket which I also responded to but now waiting for follow-up. Kind of figured it probably needs to go back. Wait almost a whole year, and then you get it and it doesn't work. 

Oct 5, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #9,448 of 13,800
Any advice on DSD ripping? Have a few SACDs, what else so I need? I have bought done hi rez from various sites. Is that it?

There are a lot of information in this thread SACD ripping using your PS3 (part 2). It's not too difficult to obtain a hardware-modded PS3 to be able to rip SACD to DSD. The price will be anything in the range of $250-350. So it entirely depends on how large is your SACD library to justify the cost of ripping vs buying DSDs.

Oct 5, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #9,449 of 13,800
  400 pulses of DACs on the wall... 400 pulses of DACS... box one up... ship it out... 399 pulses of dacs on the wall.
399 pulses of DACs on the wall... 399 pulses of DACS... box one up... ship it out... 398 pulses of dacs on the wall.

Well, one in hand... and one shipped.  

398 pulses of DACs on the wall...

One of mine claims to have just shipped!  Can't wait to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back