Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Oct 7, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #9,496 of 13,800
I really wish I had the HE-1000 or some other flagship headphone to really test these.

Running balanced AKG 7XX an hour in and it already sounds awesome. The V2+ is similar, but it is immediately noticeable that the X Infinity is better.

Some bad news, my LPS doesn't work with it. Tried 2G, 1G, printer cable, all fail to play with the LPS in the chain. Without the LPS everything works fine. May need to RMA the LPS.

At this point would you expect anything less?

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #9,497 of 13,800
Congrats! Impressions when you can (neglecting spouses is acceptable, but neglecting the Head-Fi community...NOT!!!!! :smiley:

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #9,498 of 13,800
  I really wish I had the HE-1000 or some other flagship headphone to really test these.

Running balanced AKG 7XX an hour in and it already sounds awesome. The V2+ is similar, but it is immediately noticeable that the X Infinity is better.

Some bad news, my LPS doesn't work with it. Tried 2G, 1G, printer cable, all fail to play with the LPS in the chain. Without the LPS everything works fine. May need to RMA the LPS.

How are you running the cables between the LPS and the Infinity?

If the 2G is the split version then you don't have to use the LPS4 in the chain, you can just run the signal leg directly to the Infinity. The only time you need power to the power leg is in the very first hand-shake (and you can connect it to any USB port for this) and then you can just disconnect the power leg of the split cable forever! :)

Cheers and enjoy

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #9,499 of 13,800
  How are you running the cables between the LPS and the Infinity?

If the 2G is the split version then you don't have to use the LPS4 in the chain, you can just run the signal leg directly to the Infinity. The only time you need power to the power leg is in the very first hand-shake (and you can connect it to any USB port for this) and then you can just disconnect the power leg of the split cable forever! :)

Cheers and enjoy

I ran the 1G to the LPS, and printer cable to the Pulse X Infinity, and vice versa. It still caused playback issues. "Couldn't create ASIO buffer" "44.1 not supported" All sorts of errors.

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #9,500 of 13,800
I ran the 1G to the LPS, and printer cable to the Pulse X Infinity, and vice versa. It still caused playback issues. "Couldn't create ASIO buffer" "44.1 not supported" All sorts of errors.

Mac or PC?

Also if you have the split 2G did you try it?

Oct 8, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #9,501 of 13,800
Man, I hate USPS.  What a miserable delivery system.

They tied to deliver it on Tuesday at 6pm - Business closed
October 6, 2015 , 6:00 pm
Business Closed
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103 

So then, in their infinite wisdom, they tried again today... note the time
October 7, 2015 , 8:23 pm
Notice Left (No Secure Location Available)

SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94105 

Really???? 8:23PM?  You thought that would be successful when it was closed at 6pm the day before?

Oh, and there is no way it was closed on Tuesday, people were there until 7pm.

Looks like I'll be making a trek to the post office so they can find my pulse.  (oh, and their online system won't let me specify redelivery instructions and they are unreachable via the phone.)

Oct 8, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #9,502 of 13,800
  Man, I hate USPS.  What a miserable delivery system.

They tied to deliver it on Tuesday at 6pm - Business closed
October 6, 2015 , 6:00 pm
Business Closed
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103 

So then, in their infinite wisdom, they tried again today... note the time
October 7, 2015 , 8:23 pm
Notice Left (No Secure Location Available)

SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94105 

Really???? 8:23PM?  You thought that would be successful when it was closed at 6pm the day before?

Oh, and there is no way it was closed on Tuesday, people were there until 7pm.

Looks like I'll be making a trek to the post office so they can find my pulse.  (oh, and their online system won't let me specify redelivery instructions and they are unreachable via the phone.)

Your tax dollars working for you!
angry_face.gif

Oct 8, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #9,503 of 13,800
Nope, the USPS has been deliberately hamstrung. Look up the retirement plan forced upon them by the Republicans. It's unlike any piece of legislation ever forced upon any federal institution and so outlandish, it defies reality.

Oct 8, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #9,504 of 13,800
Nope, the USPS has been deliberately hamstrung. Look up the retirement plan forced upon them by the Republicans. It's unlike any piece of legislation ever forced upon any federal institution and so outlandish, it defies reality.

This is absolutely correct, and for the record there are no tax dollars being spent by the USPS, they have no Federal funding/budget and never did.

The USPS is the only U.S. government agency that receives no Federal tax dollars or budget to sustain operations, they are required (and always have been) to be self sufficient by selling postage.

The above mention of a 2006 mandate for the USPS to pre-fund their future retirement and healthcare costs is also unique and is what makes them hugely unprofitable in the current situation. 

That said, the postal union is no help in moving towards a solution, and many of their workers do a terrible job and/or are only too happy to have various regulations and other conditions lead to ridiculous poor service like the circumstance @greenkiwi is experiencing above.

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #9,506 of 13,800
Anyone care to guess what was the first album and track I played on my Pulse?

Hint: It was Pink Floyd!

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #9,507 of 13,800
  Anyone care to guess what was the first album and track I played on my Pulse?

Hint: It was Pink Floyd!

Various apropos choices, in no particular order:

One Of These Days (Meddle): As in "someday I'll actually receive my Pulse ∞".

Speak To Me (The Dark Side Of The Moon): The DAC reveals it's sonic signature.

Any Colour You Like (The Dark Side Of The Moon): As long as it's black.

Wish You Were Here (Wish You Were Here): Oh wait, I meant this for Vi Dac Tube and Wave x128, sorry.

Comfortably Numb (The Wall): The state you're in after LHL crowd funding.

In The Flesh​ (The Wall): The DAC is actually there right before your very eyes, finally. No really.

Run Like Hell (The Wall): From any future LHL crowd funding extravaganzas.

One Of The Few (The Final Cut): Pulse ∞ a very special limited edition.

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #9,509 of 13,800
Its Time in TDSOTM. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back