Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
May 21, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #7,411 of 13,800

1. The smoked cover over the display has some scratches on it, like someone was trying to plug in headphones in the dark and kept missing the jack. It's not very noticeable, but there is no protective layer over the cover that the user usually peals off.

For a $1000 equipment, this is unacceptable. I am OCD about those things and would return it to LHLab straight away

May 21, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #7,412 of 13,800
December 12th 2013. 

29th Nov 2013 as a bundle with the Geek Out. And with all the upgrades, it is supposedly a Xfi now and even though the survey was filled in nearly a month ago, I have no indication of when I'll see it.

May 21, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #7,413 of 13,800

December 12th 2013. 

29th Nov 2013 as a bundle with the Geek Out. And with all the upgrades, it is supposedly a Xfi now and even though the survey was filled in nearly a month ago, I have no indication of when I'll see it.

I guess the Infinity units are being built separately and therefore have a separate queue. I also get the feeling there are a number of old chassis Infinities hanging around ready to be shipped to those not choosing the new chassis.  Bummer that people are waiting so long for the Xfi though.

May 21, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #7,414 of 13,800
I guess the Infinity units are being built separately and therefore have a separate queue. I also get the feeling there are a number of old chassis Infinities hanging around ready to be shipped to those not choosing the new chassis.  Bummer that people are waiting so long for the Xfi though.

I've given up tracking all the latest developments for the sake of my blood pressure. But since we're on the subject is the new chassis a free upgrade?

May 21, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #7,415 of 13,800
I've given up tracking all the latest developments for the sake of my blood pressure. But since we're on the subject is the new chassis a free upgrade?

Yes, free upgrade. Although if time = money...perhaps not so much 
wink.gif

May 21, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #7,420 of 13,800
If you chose the old chassis, then perhaps you could send Gina an email confirming your chassis choice and that might prompt shipment to progress.  I presumed that all Infinity backers would have received the email..?

I live in hope that LHL achieves that level of efficiency.

I had chosen the old chassis since day 1.

May 21, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #7,421 of 13,800
If you chose the old chassis, then perhaps you could send Gina an email confirming your chassis choice and that might prompt shipment to progress.  I presumed that all Infinity backers would have received the email..?

I am an infinity backer (originally backed my pulse early in the very first campaign). Which email are you referring to? I haven't received any communication from LHL regarding my infinity (I selected to new chassis option).

May 21, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #7,422 of 13,800

I am an infinity backer (originally backed my pulse early in the very first campaign). Which email are you referring to? I haven't received any communication from LHL regarding my infinity (I selected to new chassis option).

Seems that some of us received the following email out of the blue on Tuesday...

Good Afternoon,

We are currently unable to access the current Survey system and I am contacting you regarding your chassis preference. Please respond to this email by indicating “No" for the new chassis for your Pulse X Infinity. If “NO” I will add you to my list that you want the original (old) chassis for your Pulse X Infinity since we are currently in the process of shipping these units.

Thank you,
Gina Stewart
Customer Happiness Agent
LH Labs

I have no idea why some but not all received it.  I'd suggest either raising a ticket or sending Gina an email if you didn't.

May 21, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #7,423 of 13,800
Seems that some of us received the following email out of the blue on Tuesday...

[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]I have no idea why some but not all received it.  I'd suggest either raising a ticket or sending Gina an email if you didn't.[/COLOR]

Thanks. I will open a ticket to see what they say. I will have a quick dig in my spam folder first, just in case (no pun intended).

May 21, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #7,425 of 13,800
   For a $1000 equipment, this is unacceptable. I am OCD about those things and would return it to LHLab straight away

Yeah, I'm a bit like that as well. But the scratches are really only visible if the light hits it at just the right angle. Definitely can't see it in my rack without taking my glasses off, putting the lights up full and lifting the little bugger to get the right angle. Not even noticeable on my desk at work next to floor-to-ceiling windows. Really not worth sending back to LH since it would probably be on my dime (of course, if had spent $1000+ it could be a different matter).

However, the smoked cover is so dark it's hard to see the display on my desk in front of me (although if it were brighter, someone perhaps even me would be griping it is too bright in other situations). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back