Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
May 21, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #7,426 of 13,800
  this is beyond ridiculous ... 

I agree.  Send a PM to Gina on their forums and promise you that she will get your schiit straightened out.  She has worked miracles for me.  Even as frustrating as this must be for you, just try to be super sweet to her and I cannot imagine her not getting you squared away.  I know she said that they don't have access to the surveys, which still boggles my mind, but forget about that and keep your eye on the prize.

I feel like I have a good rapport with her.  Just PM me what the situation is and how you want it resolved and I can intercede on your behalf.  No promises, but I would be happy to give it a shot.  From what you have posted, you have fallen between the cracks inside the cracks inside the cracks.  I really wish I could do something more substantial.

May 21, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #7,428 of 13,800
I agree.  Send a PM to Gina on their forums and promise you that she will get your schiit straightened out.  She has worked miracles for me.  Even as frustrating as this must be for you, just try to be super sweet to her and I cannot imagine her not getting you squared away.  I know she said that they don't have access to the surveys, which still boggles my mind, but forget about that and keep your eye on the prize.

I feel like I have a good rapport with her.  Just PM me what the situation is and how you want it resolved and I can intercede on your behalf.  No promises, but I would be happy to give it a shot.  From what you have posted, you have fallen between the cracks inside the cracks inside the cracks.  I really wish I could do something more substantial.

Followed your advice.Opened a ticket, helped them to screenshot since I can access and I got a $33 invoice from Gina.
Paid and waiting for shipping info now.

Keep fingers crossed that USB cables and DAC of course will be complete/correct and unit will be in OK condition. No DOA.

Cheers.

May 21, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #7,429 of 13,800
Followed your advice.Opened a ticket, helped them to screenshot since I can access and I got a $33 invoice from Gina.

Keep fingers crossed that USB cables and DAC of course will be complete/correct and unit will be in OK condition. No DOA.

Cheers.

1 metre 2G cables are NOT in stock, but they do have the 1G's.

May 21, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #7,431 of 13,800
Got my shipment notice for my LPS4 today! Progress.

May 21, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #7,432 of 13,800
  Okay, have gotten used the Pulse Sfi. I am using an AKG KXXX and a Philips Fidelio X2 with it currently as they are the HPs I have currently. 

Current impressions of it seems to be consistant with other people's experiences, if I'm interpreting them right. My impression of the Pulse Sfi, using the HP out on low to medium gain at about -30db is that its sound signature is rather smooth and polite. I don't think there is much treble energy here and it could be the case that treble is a bit rolled off, certainly it is not in your face treble. To me, the mids sound sound a bit laid back for me, kind of like a Sennheiser HP's mids. They do sound natural though and I do like the mids though my preference seems to be that the mids be a bit more forward. As for the bass, I can say that it does have a lot of punch and extends low. I can't answer if it bleeds or not into the mids from what I can tell, it doesn't do it in an obvious way. Then again, the two HPs I have currently may be considered a bit warm so YMMV.

EDIT:

The rig I'm comparing it to is a AudioLab MDAC with a LPSU I got somewhere and a Meier Audio Corda Classic.

Which digital filter are you using? Changing the filter may open up the treble a bit for you.

Jody

May 21, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #7,433 of 13,800

Cheers.

That's great news!  I hope that all your troubles are behind you.  With a little luck, we'll both be rocking out to our Infinities by the end of next week!  
smily_headphones1.gif

May 21, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #7,434 of 13,800
Another case of needing to open a ticket, no emails except sales spam about geek v2 and I backed an infinity on 29 October and set the survey to original case as soon as the option was available, we'll see what comes back.

May 21, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #7,436 of 13,800
Another case of needing to open a ticket, no emails except sales spam about geek v2 and I backed an infinity on 29 October and set the survey to original case as soon as the option was available, we'll see what comes back.

Sorted by a super fast response from Gina

Root cause - original kickstarter geekout backer big thanks perk wasn't picked up as a pulse.

Many thanks and credit to Gina

May 21, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #7,437 of 13,800
Anyone knows what does this mean? They just pulled the plug before i can ask any questions.

Your RMA product has been repaired and ready to ship. The issues the unit had:
Possible RCA "caps" left on PCB

Repair Technician Comments:
Pulled "caps" from RCA Port
Upgraded firmware to 1V5 (506)
Tested on AP (including listening test)

You will be receiving an email from our shipping team shortly with your tracking information for your repaired product. Your product will be identified as "Warranty Replacement Repair" on the custom forms, with the scope that you will not have to pay additional fees for the repair.

At this time, we will be resolving your RMA ticket. If you have any additional questions or concerns in regards to this RMA, please feel free to open another ticket.

Best regards,

May 21, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #7,439 of 13,800
I informed LHLabs CS/Gina about wanting my Pulse Infinity in the old/original chassis.  Note that I hadn't received an email request to clarify my chassis choice (as some others have) and had already chosen the old chassis on the Survey (quite some time back).  I simply emailed LHL as I saw others had (and I needed to revise some GOv2/+ order info).

As usual, Gina was very accommodating and noted I'll be getting a tracking # from LHL for my Pulse within 24-48 hrs.  Two hours later.. I got the tracking number.. so I'm that much closer to my Pulse Infinity.  Here's also what she told me:

"..if you know of anyone else that wants their Pulse X Infinity in the original chassis, send em over to me :wink:"

May 21, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #7,440 of 13,800
  I informed LHLabs CS/Gina about wanting my Pulse Infinity in the old/original chassis.  Note that I hadn't received an email request to clarify my chassis choice (as some others have) and had already chosen the old chassis on the Survey (quite some time back).  I simply emailed LHL as I saw others had (and I needed to revise some GOv2/+ order info).

As usual, Gina was very accommodating and noted I'll be getting a tracking # from LHL for my Pulse within 24-48 hrs.  Two hours later.. I got the tracking number.. so I'm that much closer to my Pulse Infinity.  Here's also what she told me:

"..if you know of anyone else that wants their Pulse X Infinity in the original chassis, send em over to me :wink:"

Customer service: big up to the customer service guys for stepping up and being champions. It has made me feel a whole lot better.

Backend: still horrible and letting them down. The customer service guys should never have been put in this position in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back