Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
May 22, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #7,446 of 13,800
  I informed LHLabs CS/Gina about wanting my Pulse Infinity in the old/original chassis.  Note that I hadn't received an email request to clarify my chassis choice (as some others have) and had already chosen the old chassis on the Survey (quite some time back).  I simply emailed LHL as I saw others had (and I needed to revise some GOv2/+ order info).

As usual, Gina was very accommodating and noted I'll be getting a tracking # from LHL for my Pulse within 24-48 hrs.  Two hours later.. I got the tracking number.. so I'm that much closer to my Pulse Infinity.  Here's also what she told me:

"..if you know of anyone else that wants their Pulse X Infinity in the original chassis, send em over to me :wink:"

Please let us know your impressions, and (for me) especially the built-in amp vs. the Gustard H10!

May 22, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #7,447 of 13,800
Anyone knows what does this mean? They just pulled the plug before i can ask any questions.

Your RMA product has been repaired and ready to ship. The issues the unit had:
Possible RCA "caps" left on PCB

Repair Technician Comments:
Pulled "caps" from RCA Port
Upgraded firmware to 1V5 (506)
Tested on AP (including listening test)

You will be receiving an email from our shipping team shortly with your tracking information for your repaired product. Your product will be identified as "Warranty Replacement Repair" on the custom forms, with the scope that you will not have to pay additional fees for the repair.

At this time, we will be resolving your RMA ticket. If you have any additional questions or concerns in regards to this RMA, please feel free to open another ticket.

Best regards,

It's standard for LHL to close out a ticket once they feel it's solved. So if you have further questions you should open another ticket referencing your old ticket. Is this convenient? No. Is it logical? No. But it is the way it is.

May 22, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #7,448 of 13,800
LH Labs claims that jitter is the biggest enemy for digital audio. I wonder how the stock Pulse's jitter measurements are.
This DAC is $429 and it seems to have an extremely low jitter as measured by atomicbob
http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/mousai-msd192-dac-wolfson-wm8741-dac-192-khz-16-24bit.html

http://www.head-fi.org/t/764787/yggdrasil-technical-measurements/45#post_11625656
6f3e5ea8_20150521mousaimsd192modulationcomponents.PNG

^ that's just crazy

May 23, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #7,449 of 13,800
Got a Geek(s) Pulse X Infinity and LPS yesterday.  Decided not to keep them and listed it on Ebay. It took so long that I bought something else before receiving this.  

May 23, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #7,450 of 13,800
Know the feeling, have a Vi tube coming, who knows when, who knows if I'll hold out until then...

May 23, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #7,451 of 13,800
Got a Geek(s) Pulse X Infinity and LPS yesterday.  Decided not to keep them and listed it on Ebay. It took so long that I bought something else before receiving this.  

Curious to see if you get your $2,500 asking price for the Infinity and LPS. Cheers

May 23, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #7,454 of 13,800
Well I got my New Pulse SFi and when I first hooked it up it sounded muddy and undefined. The Bass was punchy but little definition and the treble was very subdued. Now I know the debate on BURN IN and if it really matters. Well the SFi has been plugged in and on for 50 or so hours and it has change so much that I can't imagine it being in my head. I could not get used to what I heard when I first turned it on. Now the bass is broad but still punchy and the treble has come thru accurate and clearly. So not only am I liking my purchase more but I come down on the side of BURN IN is real!

May 23, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #7,455 of 13,800
In typical LHLabs fashion, they send a video to indiegogo backers of the geek pulse about the GOV2 being apparently better than the geek pulse.

This is just terrible for your current customer ***, it makes me rage. I made post on the forums about how it's ******* ridiculous they keep on telling us we need to buy new stuff, that what we bought is never enough. Just terrible marketing strategy.

Well I got my New Pulse SFi and when I first hooked it up it sounded muddy and undefined. The Bass was punchy but little definition and the treble was very subdued. Now I know the debate on BURN IN and if it really matters. Well the SFi has been plugged in and on for 50 or so hours and it has change so much that I can't imagine it being in my head. I could not get used to what I heard when I first turned it on. Now the base ind broad but still punchy and the treble has come thru with accurate and clearly. So not only am I likeing my purchase more but I am I come down on the side of BURN IN is real!

I agree completely. Same thing happened here with my Sfi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back