Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Mar 20, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #6,526 of 13,800
haha it could happen 
biggrin.gif
.  I hope I'm proven wrong, but I suspect they'll come in one of the two standard colours.

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #6,527 of 13,800
I don't think, that it's going to be a standard colour.
It might be that orange tone from their LH Labs logo or something fancy and unique for the Force Crowd.

On another note, I expect a full review from you, Mark, on several headphones at the UK Meet.
Especially the Nighthawk, because it looks beautiful.

OnTopic:

LH is going to release a new firmware for the Pulse Xfi (maybe Pulse family) to eliminate the pop issue.

The new survey is some kind of.. well... weird and not user friendly. That's what months and months of coding,  testing and delays got us...

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #6,528 of 13,800
LH is going to release a new firmware for the Pulse Xfi (maybe Pulse family) to eliminate the pop issue.

Source
http://lhlabs.com/force/customer-happiness-post-concerns/3768-pulse-xfi-loud-pop-when-changing-sample-rates?start=50#60913

[quote="Larry]
Hi, guys

We got two new guys in firmware team. And the first thing we set to go is finalize more strict testing procedure.

We are about to release the next firmware upgrade, it definitely address the pop. Actually the reason behind is not hardware related, that is because now we have TWO ESS DAC on the board now, when we change sampling rate, ESS DAC IC needs to be reset and that create a little pop there. When we have two, the overall time is long enough to create bigger pop in RCA. (not in balanced output and headphone output)... And the new firmware already fixed that.

Best regards,
Larry [/quote]

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #6,530 of 13,800
  I don't think, that it's going to be a standard colour.
It might be that orange tone from their LH Labs logo or something fancy and unique for the Force Crowd.

On another note, I expect a full review from you, Mark, on several headphones at the UK Meet.
Especially the Nighthawk, because it looks beautiful.

OnTopic:

The new survey is some kind of.. well... weird and not user friendly. That's what months and months of coding,  testing and delays got us...

Good news on the firmware update.  I presume this is to eliminate the pop when changing sampling rate playback rather than the pop associated with not having a relay/protection circuit in place.

I've been a bit sceptical about the Alpha Prime colour thing because Casey seemed unaware of it in brief discussion on the IGG comments page.  Oh well, I guess we'll find out when they arrive.

Heck yes on the headphone reviews/comparisons from the meet.  So many to play with 
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #6,531 of 13,800
  Thanks MB.

I couldn't post the source, because the LH Labs domain is banned from the network where I work because of the risk of: pishing, spam, firewall alerts etc...

Clearly your work is aware of just how much you've spent on the campaigns and is fearful for your wallet. :wink:

Mar 20, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #6,533 of 13,800
Filled out the new survey.. it's still missing my THD upgrade and my pulse infinity to vi dac upgrade, and vi dac ESS upgrade...
In other news, I got one of the massdrop geek out 450s, can't wait til it ships!

Mar 20, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #6,536 of 13,800
Haven't had time to do the survey yet..

but does anyone know if we have a new shipping date on the x-infinity model?

Mar 20, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #6,537 of 13,800
Is anyone else having trouble getting past the email verification part of the survey?
I'm not getting the activation email.
I've re-typed my email address half a dozen times, tapped refresh a dozen times, waited a full 24 hrs, still no bueno.
And no, it wasn't in my junk folder, that was the first place I checked.

If it helps, I'm using hotmail.

Mar 20, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #6,538 of 13,800
I had the same issue until I received the email confirmation but then when I tried to save the survey the next page won't load. I am also confused about those options. Should I choose Pulse and all the perks that make it a Pulse SFi or choose Pulse S?

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #6,539 of 13,800
Can anybody remind me which free cables are supposed to be received with a Pulse Infinity ?

I remember the LightSpeed 2G-split from the THD perk (was it 1 meter?), but was there also a LightSpeed 1G included with some earlier perks? Or was it a Slacker (it seems Slacker is not selectable in the add-ons list).

I must admit that the survey is very confusing, considering that description of old perks is not available anymore in the IGG site 
frown.gif

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #6,540 of 13,800
@chartwell85

Casey are we supposed to be trying to add the "1G free cable" that came with a stretch goal being met,
as items on our Survey?

or are those cables (and other stretch goals) automatically remember/tracked with the LH order details?

I don't recall a 2g-split cable from a THD Pulse perk, but could easily be mistaken.  (despite backing the THD

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back